Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

I don't think that Nassib will be available at #41 when the Bills pick in the second round, and if we want him we would have to move up (unless we take him at #8, which I doubt but is possible). So here is more grist for the mill...

I think Nassib has been one of the most over rated prospects this draft season and IMO is the seventh QB off the board. I have it in this order…

1st: Smith, Manuel

2nd: Barkley, Glennon, Scott

3rd: Wilson, Nassib

I would LOVE for the Jets to draft him as their QB of the future.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RN is better than people who don't like him give him credit for. Cuse had a lot of garbage at the skill positions. At the same time, he's the safe choice IMO. I think his upside is andy Dalton, at best & I'm not sure he is even that good. I'm suck of being safe. Go big (Smith, Barkley, Manuel or go home).

stop, just stop :nana:

Add Mayock to the short list of analysts who wouldn't take Geno in the top 10. I've said it and I will keep saying it based on games i've watched. Geno Smith is not the top QB prospect in this draft. He has a cannon for an arm but his 12' season was littered with 5 yard throws right in front of his face that ended up going for 60yd Td's. He has big numbers and highlights but he got alot of help. Trust me, Nassib is the #1 Qb in this draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156971/article/mike-mayock-defends-writer-of-geno-smith-critique

I think Nassib has been one of the most over rated prospects this draft season and IMO is the seventh QB off the board. I have it in this order…

Overrated? Hmm. How so? Please 'splain' that.

Tks.

Overrated? Hmm. How so? Please 'splain' that.

Tks.

Because I keep hearing from draft experts and fans here that he's late first/early second round talent. I see him as a career backup at best. He's like a Blaine Gabbert or a Colt McCoy to me. IMO he simply doesn't have the necessary athletic skills nor arm strength you must have to be a long term starter at the NFL level.

Because I keep hearing from draft experts and fans here that he's late first/early second round talent. I see him as a career backup at best. He's like a Blaine Gabbert or a Colt McCoy to me. IMO he simply doesn't have the necessary athletic skills nor arm strength you must have to be a long term starter at the NFL level.

Three things...

1) you are listening to the wrong people. You are listening to beat reporters... Mcshay, Mort, Mayock. Listen to Narwocki, Lande, Cosell.

2) I don't see how anyone with 20/20 vision that watched him play, especially over his last 7 games that he doesn't have a strong arm or that he doesn't have the necessary athletic skills. His arm is as strong as both Mannings, Brees, and Brady. What athletic skills do those four have? Zilch! What they have is between the ears ... exactly what Nassib has over the other class of 2013 qbs.

3) Of the top 7 qbs in this draft... no one was surrounded with less talent than Nassib. He single handedly moved that offense. His passing threat kept def front sevens from crowding the los and kept them honest and off balance.

As far as being overrated... I don't get it... he is unsung, gets nowhere near the pub Barkley, Geno, Glennon get by far. Outside of the northeast, which isn't exactly a football hot bed, not very many know who he is or ever heard of him. And to lump him in with Gabbert is a clear indicator that you don't know much about Nassib. Gabbert is not in love with football. Nassib is and he's a hell of a competitor. Go back and take a look at the hit he took on a blitzer in the Pin Strip bowl. A clean shot at him at full speed. Was out for one play and came back in. If any of the other top qbs in the draft had taken that hit they'd have been out the rest of the game.

Three things...

1) you are listening to the wrong people. You are listening to beat reporters... Mcshay, Mort, Mayock. Listen to Narwocki, Lande, Cosell.

2) I don't see how anyone with 20/20 vision that watched him play, especially over his last 7 games that he doesn't have a strong arm or that he doesn't have the necessary athletic skills. His arm is as strong as both Mannings, Brees, and Brady. What athletic skills do those four have? Zilch! What they have is between the ears ... exactly what Nassib has over the other class of 2013 qbs.

3) Of the top 7 qbs in this draft... no one was surrounded with less talent than Nassib. He single handedly moved that offense. His passing threat kept def front sevens from crowding the los and kept them honest and off balance.

As far as being overrated... I don't get it... he is unsung, gets nowhere near the pub Barkley, Geno, Glennon get by far. Outside of the northeast, which isn't exactly a football hot bed, not very many know who he is or ever heard of him. And to lump him in with Gabbert is a clear indicator that you don't know much about Nassib. Gabbert is not in love with football. Nassib is and he's a hell of a competitor. Go back and take a look at the hit he took on a blitzer in the Pin Strip bowl. A clean shot at him at full speed. Was out for one play and came back in. If any of the other top qbs in the draft had taken that hit they'd have been out the rest of the game.

Neither of you are gonna change each others opinion. Just call it a day and we'll see how it plays out.

You know what..Draft him ,so we don`t have to see him anymore. Those cement blocks ,for feet. And his Gabbert like pocket presence ,afraid to get hit , will get him hurt. Draft him short and slow in Buffalo.

Three things...

I agree with you on McShay and Mort, but Mayock is good. He's not perfect, but he's right about guys more often than he's wrong. What he's really good at, IMO, is that he's spent a lot of time with scouts & GMs learning what they look for in prospects. I remember Brian Billick saying that--of all the draft analysts out there--nobody has a better understanding of the process of putting together a draft board than Mayock.

I don't take what he says as gospel, but I do put more weight into his opinion than anyone else's.

For what it's worth, a PFT item a few years ago claimed that Mayock has had multiple offers from NFL teams to join their front offices. I can't blame him for not doing it...right now, he can be wrong all he wants and keep his job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/15/mike-mayock-is-a-wanted-man/

i'm all about the franchise QB.....

but in this draft, I would stick with best available player at #8....

then take my 2nd & 3rd round picks to move back into late 1st to grab the best avail QB. Balt at #32 will likely be interested.

I have a feeling the Jets are going to try and screw us in the 2nd and say they are going to draft Nassib if we don't give them one of our other picks later in the draft or something along those lines. They might actually draft him too who knows, they seem to be pretty high on him. It will all depend on what qb's are left at that point of course but the Jets having the pick before us makes me nervous

I have a feeling the Jets are going to try and screw us in the 2nd and say they are going to draft Nassib if we don't give them one of our other picks later in the draft or something along those lines. They might actually draft him too who knows, they seem to be pretty high on him. It will all depend on what qb's are left at that point of course but the Jets having the pick before us makes me nervous

1) With Kolb as the only viable qb now, and with Kolbs overall history & body of work, the Bills must draft a qb that can play this season... Because he is going to have to. And, the Bills don't want to pay Kolb the high end $$ of his contract if at all possible.

2) If Nassib is the Bills "guy" at qb, and they are certain, then they can't wait until the 2nd round to select him. They have two options

A) select him @ #8

B) trade down to a comfortable slot in the 1st round and select him there as well as garner a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Obviously, with option B there has to be a very good player at #8 to motivate any trading partner. Although I like option B the best, I just do not see any team willing to be a trading partner for that pick at #8. And, with the Bills having backed themselves into the QB corner, every team knows that if the Bills do not take a qb at #8, it is a lock that they have to at 41 and some team is going to move up to 40 to snatch a qb. If their guy isn't there at 41 they won't take their #2 or #3 guy at qb at that slot... they will hold off til rd. 3 or 4 and select Wilson or Landry... whovever is left. Neither will be a good starter and the Bills will again jump on the qb merry go round next year for their starter.

So, yes, it is a gamble to expect Nassib to be there at 41.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

1) With Kolb as the only viable qb now, and with Kolbs overall history & body of work, the Bills must draft a qb that can play this season... Because he is going to have to. And, the Bills don't want to pay Kolb the high end $$ of his contract if at all possible.

2) If Nassib is the Bills "guy" at qb, and they are certain, then they can't wait until the 2nd round to select him. They have two options

A) select him @ #8

B) trade down to a comfortable slot in the 1st round and select him there as well as garner a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Obviously, with option B there has to be a very good player at #8 to motivate any trading partner. Although I like option B the best, I just do not see any team willing to be a trading partner for that pick at #8. And, with the Bills having backed themselves into the QB corner, every team knows that if the Bills do not take a qb at #8, it is a lock that they have to at 41 and some team is going to move up to 40 to snatch a qb. If their guy isn't there at 41 they won't take their #2 or #3 guy at qb at that slot... they will hold off til rd. 3 or 4 and select Wilson or Landry... whovever is left. Neither will be a good starter and the Bills will again jump on the qb merry go round next year for their starter.

So, yes, it is a gamble to expect Nassib to be there at 41.

Dr tooth and hog 14787 need to let this thread die. It`s unnatural with your addiction to this young boy.Back away slowly and let it die. same thing over and over and over again.

Dr tooth and hog 14787 need to let this thread die. It`s unnatural with your addiction to this young boy.Back away slowly and let it die. same thing over and over and over again.

Anything else you'd like to censor?

i'm all about the franchise QB.....

but in this draft, I would stick with best available player at #8....

then take my 2nd & 3rd round picks to move back into late 1st to grab the best avail QB. Balt at #32 will likely be interested.

No offense...But I'm really not digging this type of plan at all...

In a Draft that almost everyone with an opinion says is thin on elite talent, but very long on overall depth, why hold on to #8 and then trade away picks later? So you're plan would be to have only 5 Draft picks for a team with holes all over the roster in a Draft that is considered to be one of the deepest Drafts in a long, long time? I don't get it? :huh:

The Bills need more picks...Not less...I think, especially the way this Draft is supposed to be talent-wise, it's much smarter to trade back and collect picks...Because outside of the three top OT's, Sharrif Floyd, and Dion Jordan there are no elite prospect in this Draft...If the experts are right, the difference between the player Drafted at #8 and #28 is going to be minimal...But even more importantly the difference in the player Drafted at #8 and #48 will be less this year than in most Drafts...And that's why you want more picks not less... B-)

No offense...But I'm really not digging this type of plan at all...

In a Draft that almost everyone with an opinion says is thin on elite talent, but very long on overall depth, why hold on to #8 and then trade away picks later? So you're plan would be to have only 5 Draft picks for a team with holes all over the roster in a Draft that is considered to be one of the deepest Drafts in a long, long time? I don't get it? :huh:

The Bills need more picks...Not less...I think, especially the way this Draft is supposed to be talent-wise, it's much smarter to trade back and collect picks...Because outside of the three top OT's, Sharrif Floyd, and Dion Jordan there are no elite prospect in this Draft...If the experts are right, the difference between the player Drafted at #8 and #28 is going to be minimal...But even more importantly the difference in the player Drafted at #8 and #48 will be less this year than in most Drafts...And that's why you want more picks not less... B-)

I agree, and couldn't agree more. There are so many good players in this draft that, at certain positions, could probably be had in as late as the 4th round AND STILL START on this team, as it stands right now. Since we have so many holes - or spots where competition could lead to an upgrade - I think Buffalo is better off trading down and getting as many picks in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds as possible. I'm also in favor, because I see the value best in RD's 2-4, of trading away 5th and 6th round picks, if need be, to get back into the 4th round, maybe. I'd rather leave the draft with as many STARTERS as possible - and as few 2nd stringers as possible.