Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Marrone has already gone on record saying he's going to bring in people that he knows and trusts and buy into his system. If they get Nassib I just don't believe they are doing so because he is the best guy. I think it has more to do with comfort and loyalty.

Ps, my fiancé is making me go to a bday dinner for her mom tomorrow night. Of all the nights FML! Need to DVR it, I can't believe it. I'll have to hold my pessimistic posts until late tomorrow night. Or maybe they will do the right thing and get a starter instead. We'll see. I want to believe in this new regime but I don't trust what's been happening so far and I certainly don't trust Buddy

"Loyalty?" Seriously?

We're not talking about Chicago politics here.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, no matter what happens, it's important to react immediately, since tomorrow night will show us everything we need to know to determine whether or not the new regime will be successful.

Or maybe, just maybe, you can wait and see what happens on the field 5 months from now.

There wouldn't be much to talk about around here during the offseason unless we interject with some of our own thoughts and opinions every once in a while

Great article on why it would be certifiably crazy to draft Nassib with the 8th pick in the draft:

http://www.cbssports...-oranges-nassib

I find it ironic that Kurt Warner, of all people, would be critical of any QB leading up to the draft. I also find fault with other points in this article; I've seen plenty of game tape on Nassib where he's moving out of the pocket and throwing, accurately, on the run. But hey, Clark Judge, published cartoonist, said Nassib only throws one ball, so it must be true.

This whole QB pre-draft evaluation process is one huge clusterf--k.

Edited by eball

There wouldn't be much to talk about around here during the offseason unless we interject with some of our own thoughts and opinions every once in a while

Sure man, but why talk yourself into pessimism (as you seemed to be doing) when you can just as easily take the wait-and-see approach? It doesn't cost you any more to be cautiously optimistic than it does to be pessimistic, and you'll discover it's much more fun.

What are the chances this thread reaches 100 pages by the time we pick tomorrow night?

100%

Sure man, but why talk yourself into pessimism (as you seemed to be doing) when you can just as easily take the wait-and-see approach? It doesn't cost you any more to be cautiously optimistic than it does to be pessimistic, and you'll discover it's much more fun.

Are you sure you are a Bills fan? Optimism went out the door about 15 yrs ago. I've been hurting for far too long to be optimistic about anything this organization does. It's much easier to be pessimistic because then there's an opportunity to be pleasantly surprised one day. It hasn't happened yet but hopefully one day before I die. Otherwise it's just business as usual and I've been right more than I've been wrong about this team for many years. I just speak the truth and I know that is hard for some more optimistic people to accept but until I'm proven wrong then I'll probably continue to think this way. As you said, we'll see. But until then I'll remain a sceptic

Are you sure you are a Bills fan? Optimism went out the door about 15 yrs ago. I've been hurting for far too long to be optimistic about anything this organization does. It's much easier to be pessimistic because then there's an opportunity to be pleasantly surprised one day. It hasn't happened yet but hopefully one day before I die. Otherwise it's just business as usual and I've been right more than I've been wrong about this team for many years. I just speak the truth and I know that is hard for some more optimistic people to accept but until I'm proven wrong then I'll probably continue to think this way. As you said, we'll see. But until then I'll remain a sceptic

Actually, it's not any easier to be pessimistic. I've been both, and optimism is a far, far better life to live, and it isn't even close.

It has zero to do with "accepting reality", as I'm more than aware--being a 25-year season ticket holder--of the team's past successes and failures. It has everything to do with choosing not to be miserable about the team I follow. I lose absolutely nothing by choosing to wait and see how the team performs during the season rather than just presuming they'll be unsuccessful--regardless of who they do or do not draft.

Remember, it's 100% your choice how you approach things, and if you want to believe in this regime, as you claim to, then go ahead. Nothing is stopping you...not even a draft pick.

I want to add that I'm actually a very happy person, I just get fired about this team because I care so much. I can't help it :D

I'm not sure I know anyone that can separate having a good attitude in life and having a lousy attitude toward a football team...but hey, maybe you're different...

I think the Jets are trying to goad us into selecting Nassib with the #8 pick. If the Bills like Nassib and Barkley almost equally, and they have the option to trade back, then they shouldn't worry about the Jets, and let the chips fall where they may.

Are you sure you are a Bills fan? Optimism went out the door about 15 yrs ago. I've been hurting for far too long to be optimistic about anything this organization does. It's much easier to be pessimistic because then there's an opportunity to be pleasantly surprised one day.

So, in other words, instead of feeling good and optimistic most every day for 15 years, it's way better to be miserable and bitter for 5,479 days just so one day you may be pleasantly surprised.

Thems some good thinkins.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I'm not sure I know anyone that can separate having a good attitude in life and having a lousy attitude toward a football team...but hey, maybe you're different...

It's actually quite easy. At the end of the day it's just a game and I can go on with my life. I come here to vent so it might look worse than it is :lol:

It's actually quite easy. At the end of the day it's just a game and I can go on with my life. I come here to vent so it might look worse than it is :lol:

Probably...the "it's just a game" mentality doesn't work for me; I am extremely passionate about it and want to see the team win very, very badly. I just refuse to ever write the team off before anything is decided, regardless of how bad they look on paper.

For all I know, they might finish 1-15, but you'll never catch me thinking that way.

Probably...the "it's just a game" mentality doesn't work for me; I am extremely passionate about it and want to see the team win very, very badly. I just refuse to ever write the team off before anything is decided, regardless of how bad they look on paper.

For all I know, they might finish 1-15, but you'll never catch me thinking that way.

Agreed. The one thing I could never understand, and likely will never understand, is the idea of "I don't want to get my hopes up and then be let down." I'm extremely optimistic every week before the game (not that I would bet on it, it's just a hope against hope sometimes), and then I always think it's possible for them to come back while watching the game (even if I think there is just a snowball's chance), and then afterwards when they lose I am as disappointed and pissed as I could be. There is no way I am more upset by a loss if I was "hoping" they were going to win.

I feel terrible after most every loss and great after most every win. I may be more pissed and upset at a player, or play, or coach or call some weeks more than others, but I feel crappy after a loss and great after a win, regardless of what I think was going to happen.

I do agree that it is more than a game to our city and our community. It's woven into every fiber of our lives. I was born into it and they are a part of me. It's just a saying. I guess I mean to say that win or lose, it's just a game and we can move on, but at least we still have a team to cheer for or to doubt or whatever your preference. So I can go on with my life happy and knowing that one day things could turn around and that I can share my love of the team with my kids the same way my parents and grandparents shared it with me