My Mock first three rounds.

D521646

In a perfect world, like no other draft in recent memory I believe the Bills should trade back, but assuming they do not, my first three picks are as follows.

1. Bills select Corderelle Patterson WR: Logic is that no QB is worth the 8th pick here, and although I see a difference of opinion among Bills Nation on this, I think that most of us are coming to this realization. We need a superstar and this kid brings that to the table, and the consensus is undeniable.

2. Bills select EJ Manuel QB: Logic is that although Mayock has him rated as the second best QB in this class, glancing over what others are saying, it appears as though he’s a project QB. Of course this is a bit of a risk simply because of the gamesmanship involved with not tipping hands, but if Manuel doesn’t fall this far, the Bills will select their QB here, and if not Manuel, then Wilson, Nassib, Bray, will do fine, IMO.

3. Justin Pugh OG: He will likely be here, and if he is it would be a great bargain IMO. This kid is currently flying under the radar of most teams, but he’s solid and can start day one. I think Marrone is thinking run-first offense and Pugh will mow people down. Big strong athletic guy, and the Bills will know exactly how to use him.

Tim-

I like Patterson a lot but I have concerns about him and dobt think he is nearly as ready as you would like a top ten WR to be

Manuel will not be there in the second round

How is Pugh flying under the radar?

I think the Bills are going to try and trade into the bottom of the first for one of the second tier QBs like Manuel, Glennon or Bray

My opinion: I would shy away from Patterson because I think that you can find less risky players (ie, >1 year of productivity) at other positions of need at the 8th pick and because there seems to be good WR talent into rounds 2 and 3.

I like EJ Manuel in round 2 and would love to get Justin Pugh in round 3, but I suspect both will be gone before our pick in those rounds.

In a perfect world, like no other draft in recent memory I believe the Bills should trade back, but assuming they do not, my first three picks are as follows.

1. Bills select Corderelle Patterson WR: Logic is that no QB is worth the 8th pick here, and although I see a difference of opinion among Bills Nation on this, I think that most of us are coming to this realization. We need a superstar and this kid brings that to the table, and the consensus is undeniable.

Tim-

Tavon Austin is the only WR that fits Nix's philosophy at 8. He's elite athletically. He's an explosive, multi-dimensional playmaker who has a history of production ina major conference. He's also clean off the field.

Patterson is all of those things, but doesn't have the history of production at the D1 level. He also doesn't catch the ball as well as Austin.

Tavon Austin is the only WR that fits Nix's philosophy at 8. He's elite athletically. He's an explosive, multi-dimensional playmaker who has a history of production ina major conference. He's also clean off the field.

Patterson is all of those things, but doesn't have the history of production at the D1 level. He also doesn't catch the ball as well as Austin.

Tavon Austin is 5'8" and 174 pounds so how does he fit nix's philosophy of needing a big WR?

I am cautious about Patterson but there is no denying his size and playmaking ability which would be a nice addition to a team lacking both

Edited by Max997

I think if the Bills thought a #2 WR was a need, they would have addressed it in FA. Plus, I don't think 2 #1 WRs is needed. Most playoff teams, especially the ones who go deep, while solid at both WR positions, don't have 2 #1s.

What we do need, perhaps more than any position (excluding QB) are LBs. Second need would be CB.

If Geno/Barkley is gone by 8, take a LB or trade up, then try to trade back into 1st to take a QB later.

I think if the Bills thought a #2 WR was a need, they would have addressed it in FA. Plus, I don't think 2 #1 WRs is needed. Most playoff teams, especially the ones who go deep, while solid at both WR positions, don't have 2 #1s.

What we do need, perhaps more than any position (excluding QB) are LBs. Second need would be CB.

If Geno/Barkley is gone by 8, take a LB or trade up, then try to trade back into 1st to take a QB later.

I disagree, the best teams have multiple receiving threats:

ATL- Jones, White, Gonzalez

Denver - Decker, Thomas, Welker

SF- Davis, Crabtree and they thought that they needed another so they used a 1 last year and signed Boldin

NE- Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola

Bal- Smith and the two TEs

The Bills have 1 receiving threat and an average TE coming off of major surgery. It's a huge need

Watch out for Tyler Eifert, even at #8, and especially in a trade down scenario. Fits our need for a big receiver who is open when he's not open, even if he is TE. We know we went after Walker and Davis in FA, and that Marrone's offense will feature the TE. He's a good blocker, receiver, and Red Zone target, and would be a nice complement to Chandler with both running seams down the middle.

WR is just as big of a need for this tem as LB is

And realistically speaking Stevie isn't a real # 1 but would be a great compliment to a true top WR

WR is just as big of a need for this tem as LB is

And realistically speaking Stevie isn't a real # 1 but would be a great compliment to a true top WR

When you think about there being 32 teams in the league I believe that he is one of the 20 best WR in football. That makes me think that Stevie is a true #1. Look at the guys that have played around him - Donald Jones?!? Teams must constantly be rolling coverage to him. With that being said, I would love to see what type of player he could become playing amongst other threats whether it be WR or TE that can get up the seam. I am with you that WR and LB are the biggest need on this team (without getting into the QB conversation).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

No offense to the OP, but this mock would be an absolute TRAGEDY if allowed to take place. First of all, Cordarelle Patterson is FAR from the being the best Wideout in this draft. Check out guys like Cobi hamilton, (3rd round) and Quinton Patton (2nd round) or Deandre Hopkins (2nd round)

Unlike Patterson, these are more polished route runners. They're also explosively fast with EPIC hands. -People look at Patterson's hightlight reel and sprout a big, rubbery one. -Not me. I've watched in quite a few games, and think all of the aforementioned are BETTER recievers AND better athletes in general.

I go Ansah at#8. Maybe grab Hamilton in the second. and take a the best LB available in the third. (Devonte Holloman) If you're wanting a 3-4OLB, Margus Hunt will be available in the 4th-6th, and WILL earn a roster spot.

Wanna bolster the run game? -Why not grab Fresno's Robbie Rouse in the 5th, or Miguel Maysonet in the 6th? BOTH should still be there.

I wouldn't mind Patterson, but unless we acquire RG3, we're just not a deep-ball team. We need to get back to being faster, and more physical than everyone else.

Edited by #34fan

And they don't need WR?? I think that WR is a bigger need than O-Line and right there with LB.

Yes. They need a WR. But taking a WR with major questions marks with needs at TE, OG, OT, OLB, ILB and maybe even DL is just stupid to me. If this guy was AJ Green or even a Crabtree, then maybe.

I can't wait till draft day.