Draft 3 QB In The 1st 3 Rounds...

How good has Miami been since this decision? The wrong guy sets you back even further while you can turn your franchise around immediately with the right guy (Luck, RGIII, Wilson). The only guy that I could see doing that this year is Geno Smith and he is not perfect (nor do I think that he will be there).

Oh so Saban is now blamed for all the regimes since him in the mid 2000's. Well then, I blame Wade Phillips and Mike Mularkey for the current Bills ineptitude.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could get behind 2 in the top 4 rounds. However, I am in the camp hoping for another position in round 1.

I would buy that too. Or maybe BPA at #8 and then trade back up into the middle of the 1st round for the QB.

The reason you are not "getting this argument" is that you're fixated on the QB position. if you take an honest look at our beloved Bills you would see that we desperately need LB'ers, our WR corps is Stevie Johnson and nobody, our only decent TE is coming off ACL surgery on his knee and may not be up to par, our DB's are thin or overmatched, and our OL has lost starter andy Levitre while Eric Pears is coming back from an injury. Its a deep draft at almost every position but QB and you want to go after 3 QB's with our first 3 picks ? I'd say thats a bit myopic and a recipe for disaster. I'd draft one, sign Kolb or Flynn, then sign a FA college qb with a major arm who needs time to develop (Peter Lalich-Great talent-Maturity issues). I share your frustration with the Bills qb position but panic is not the way to build a team.

Articles on Peter Lalich:

http://www.chicagono...h-peter-lalich/

http://www.knowitall...-forgotten-one/

If the OP is fixated on the QB position, he has every reason to be. I would gladly trade the next three years' worth of draft picks for a young top-5 QB. Yes, I'd still be stuck with all the other needs you mentioned. But that QB would elevate the team a lot, and would help attract free agents to fill some of those holes. Besides that, the QB would likely play at an elite level for 12+ years; giving me plenty of chances to put together a relatively complete team and win a Super Bowl.

On the other hand, it's worth pointing out that the Packers used a second round pick on Brian Brohm. They did this because, several years into Aaron Rodgers' career, they weren't sure if he'd be a good successor to Favre. They wanted a Plan B in case things with Rodgers didn't work out. If several years of Rodgers sitting behind Favre weren't enough to make the Packers realize they had a future Hall of Fame player on their hands, then how are the Bills supposed to properly evaluate three QBs--and presumably get rid of one of them--before the final roster cuts?

My own personal preference would be for the Bills to use the 8th overall pick on a QB like Barkley; and then to use some pick in rounds 3 - 7 on a dark horse QB. Both those QBs would make the final roster; which would entail getting rid of Kolb or Jackson. While we're at it, we should also get rid of Brad Smith.

Open it up for competition. Whoever wins it, starts week 1. You get so much more info on a player that you have than during the draft vetting process. Marrone seems good with QBs. He should be able to identify and nurture one guy into some form of franchise QB.

Oh makes sense now. Open it up, let the best man win, and your other rookie is your backup, and your other rookie is 3rd string. Right? Then if that doesn't work just switch 'em. Right? Got it! You truly are "The Voice of Truth".

Edited by Triple Threat

Russell Wilson was evaluated with a backup's reps, and mostly against 3rd string scrubs in preseason.

It's not a painstaking process to realize if a QB is good or not.

It is if their all rookies and the process is the same. With someone who has played you have a good understanding of what he can do in the pro's. Pre-season is hardly enough time to evaluate 3 rookies. What would you do with the rookie you draft in the second round that doesn't win the job? Give him the backup job which is mostly resigned to veterans who can step in because of their experience?

All the QBs in this draft are suspect, so let's draft 3. Maybe they'll add up to one good one. If you want to see the media savage us after the draft, do this.

PTR

Why do the Bills care what the Media thinks about their draft. The Bills were toasted for drafting Spiller with the 1st pick when they had Lynch and Jackson in the fold. They were screamed at for Troupe over Gronk. They were thrown to the wolves when they traded up in Rd 3 to draft T.J Graham instead of picking the QB.

The Bills don't care what the Media thinks.