Possible Flynn trade to Raiders, Palmer to Cardinals

Virgil

eaglesb_logo.gifPhiladelphia Eagles: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia WestVirginia_logo.gif

This is not the surprise pick I promised on Twitter (@walterfootball), but I am going with Geno Smith to the Eagles.

It's no secret Philadelphia has serious interest in Smith. Sal Paolantonio first spoke of it on 97.5 the Fanatic. "From what I'm hearing the Eagles are serous about Geno Smith and it's not a smokescreen. They're dead serious," he said.

The Eagles then sent their entire contingent to West Virginia's Pro Day. I might as well capitalize ENTIRE because owner Jeffrey Lurie was there too. Lurie has only visited one draft prospect as the Eagles' head boss. That was Donovan McNabb.

The Eagles' interest in Smith shouldn't be a surprise. They need a quarterback - the current starter will be around for only one year, while Nick Foles doesn't fit the offense - and Smith would be perfect in Chip Kelly's scheme.

http://walterfootbal...m/draft2013.php

Oakland could still take a QB rd1 , with Fylnn as insurance till rookie is ready. I don't think Drew Stafford will be the answer for AZ.

Edited by independent

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, yes, all these teams that have f'ed up their qb situations getting vets are getting more vets. clearly proof that we shouldnt take a qb.

oakland going from carson to flynn

kc from cassell to smith

arizona from kolb to hopefully palmer

Thanks for the snarky comments, but there is at least some reason to think that their moves are motivated by them not liking the rookies available. All of those teams are in position to take whichever rookie QB they want and the Chiefs (and it appears others) are opting for retread vets over those rookies.

Thanks for the snarky comments, but there is at least some reason to think that their moves are motivated by them not liking the rookies available. All of those teams are in position to take whichever rookie QB they want and the Chiefs (and it appears others) are opting for retread vets over those rookies.

my point was these are franchise that are picking where they are because they have done this before.

if anything - look at what the raiders and cardinals are doing at qb and do the complete opposite!

Edited by NoSaint

my point was these are franchise that are picking where they are because they have done this before. if anything - look at what the raiders and cardinals are doing at qb and do the complete opposite.

I get that, and to some extent, there is some credence to your point. However, do you really believe that they would pass on Smith/Barkley, etc if they thought any of these rookie QBs had a good shot at becoming a very good pro? They do have the perfect shot at drafting one of them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a dweeb with my response.

I get that, and to some extent, there is some credence to your point. However, do you really believe that they would pass on Smith/Barkley, etc if they thought any of these rookie QBs had a good shot at becoming a very good pro? They do have the perfect shot at drafting one of them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a dweeb with my response.

its all good, and sorry if i was snarky.

but no, i dont trust andy reids evaluations. hes gotten good qb play, but i cant say hes made great qb choices if that makes sense

arizona has been a trainwreck of qbs

oakland, though may be different with the new regime, has been a wasteland of bad choices too though.

so if those 3 are in agreement, it doesnt give me a ton of pause yet. im not as big a nix hater as most but if he passed on a player would that give you a ton of second thoughts, picking behind him or would you go with your own opinion still because he hasnt shown he can make a smart qb choice yet? we needed one and passed on plenty of good ones.

True, but if some peoples grades on this years college crop are correct. What does a team that puts winning or at least trying to improve as a primary goal really have to lose? other than cash?

the draft picks? and cash?

both needing to be used wisely if you want to win

I am guessing the Bills have snowed you all.. The Bills are going to draft Ryan Nassib at #8.. just got that feeling.

Same. And for the BILLS It makes the most sense. All of these guys are about equal, but Nassib knows the staff, they know him, he knows the offense etc.

True, but if some peoples grades on this years college crop are correct. What does a team that puts winning or at least trying to improve as a primary goal really have to lose? other than cash?

If you want to win at all costs. You take a later round QB and tank the season. You cut out the rot and rebuild. You can't build over bad foundation.