Bills RB coach's son is gonna make some Buffalo HS real happy

Ty wheatley's son is moving to Buffalo with the family. He's 6'6" 235 and played at F-M last year.

He will be going into his junior year of HS and already has scholarship offers from Alabama, Michigan, and Syracuse among others.

http://highschoolsports.syracuse.com/news/article/4511005581183075305/football-bama-michigan-offer-scholarships-to-wheatley-of-fayetteville-manlius/#incart_river_default

Edited by Dr. Trooth

My younger brother was valedictorian at Tech, I congratulated him then kicked his ass because I was a Riverside graduate and that's what we do to smart guys, he got even by making about 5x what I make.

Lol! I thought Tech would be filled with a bunch of nerds but that wasn't the case at all. Smart guys can get down, too.

Trust me, they weren't much smarter in '76. We had some real mouth-breathers.

PTR

While I was at Tech we won the national school of excellence award three out of my four years there, I believe. Our football team was garbage during that time, too.

I seem to recall that Hutch Tech always had great teams in "It's Academic," the TV Quiz competition hosted by Van Miller.

I think all the right suspects have been mentioned: St. Joe's, St. Francis, Orchard Park, Williamsville etc. Is Clarence any good at football?

New York is not a football factory so you might worry about the level of competition but obviously this kid has good bloodlines and the colleges are lining up for him.

Lol! I thought Tech would be filled with a bunch of nerds but that wasn't the case at all. Smart guys can get down, too.

Hutch tech co 98. Webrought the athleteswithus sports were down until we got there. Football champions as softmores. Baseball, swimming, basketball we killed it

While I was at Tech we won the national school of excellence award three out of my four years there, I believe. Our football team was garbage during that time, too.

C'mon Man !!!

Class of '84- Harvard Cup Champs (were we almost the Bills though, we went to the cup & loss 2 out of 3 yrs...LOL) Senior year was the prize, Go Engineers...

Met Wheatley the other day at the bills' offices. Was shocked how big of a guy he is... Said the kids are finishing School in cuse before heading over. I'm guessing St.francis, st.joes, O.P.

Someone spoke of bills connections to st.joes however st.francis is very connected to the bills and the rest of the NFL through many many alumni connections.

Met Wheatley the other day at the bills' offices. Was shocked how big of a guy he is... Said the kids are finishing School in cuse before heading over. I'm guessing St.francis, st.joes, O.P.

Someone spoke of bills connections to st.joes however st.francis is very connected to the bills and the rest of the NFL through many many alumni connections.

I remember when he came out of Michigan he was a really fast guy.

At some point in his career just like with OJ Anderson, he morphed into a power back.

With the Raiders he was a battering ram and a good one at that.

City Honors. (class of '85. All the way live)

Best free education. And go play for Bennett-Bennett-High

Hey fellow Centaur, I'm from the Class of 85" too. Remember when both of the starting QB's for the Turkey Bowl were from CHS(Carl Catronio for Grover and TJ Blackman played for Bennett High)? We have no team so we could essentially play for any City team, provided you made the team. All Carl did was hand the ball off, while TJ was more of a passer. You are right on the "best free education" comment. Wouldn't trade it for the any other.