Infallible organizations don't exist

Yea, the Packers aren't as savvy as Nix, overpaying get a DE (Anderson) for 8 mil. And, then you got the punt catcher

Brad Smith. And how about stealing the other punt catcher McClovin? Good thing were not the Packers

The fact you think Anderson makes 8 million speaks volumes.

Yea, the Packers aren't as savvy as Nix, overpaying get a DE (Anderson) for 8 mil. And, then you got the punt catcher

Brad Smith. And how about stealing the other punt catcher McClovin? Good thing were not the Packers

I guess you do not know the difference between a punt catcher (which the Bills have had before) and a punt returner. Not surprising since you are not a Bills fan.

The fact you think Anderson makes 8 million speaks volumes.

originally reported at 27.5 mil for 4 years. The News then changed the number (Gaughlin). Who knows. He's overpaid

Next time I'll check before hurting peoples feelings. Sorry.

I guess you do not know the difference between a punt catcher (which the Bills have had before) and a punt returner. Not surprising since you are not a Bills fan.

Sarcasm, it's a TBD mainstay.

What about an all-fallible organization? Seems like that's what we have here. The NFL has structured things in such a way that to pull off the string of failure that the Bills have is quite an impressive feat. They are amazing at sucking.

So true. What the Bills have accomplished in a league that is about as economically fair as you can get is extraordinary.

originally reported at 27.5 mil for 4 years. The News then changed the number (Gaughlin). Who knows. He's overpaid

Next time I'll check before hurting peoples feelings. Sorry.

Sarcasm, it's a TBD mainstay.

For those interested.....

Anderson only had a 3.5m cap hit last season.......and has a 4.5m cap hit this season.

The Bills haven't been to the playoffs since 1999.

That's probably less likely than getting to a Super Bowl in that time period.

All things being equal.....over the past 13 seasons(2000-2012)....

The odds....

That an individual team makes at least one Super Bowl = 56.8% (1 in 1.76)

That an individual team misses the playoffs every year = 0.2% (1 in 450)

This would have to be one of the most depressing stats I have every figured. :cry:

Edited by Dibs

The inference that Finley's contract blunder is somehow a pass for our FO is strange to me.

The point was to look at his number and go "wow, that sucks."

Instead, I created the latest FO stitch 'n B word. Oh well, with four weeks until the draft, with a tight-lipped new HC and with a 13 year QB/playoff-less run one should expect the TBD content to oscillate closely between "we suck" and "here are the top 15 QB's I want."

All things being equal.....over the past 13 seasons(2000-2012)....

The odds....

That an individual team makes at least one Super Bowl = 56.8% (1 in 1.76)

That an individual team misses the playoffs every year = 0.2% (1 in 450)

This would have to be one of the most depressing stats I have every figured. :cry:

Yeah, pretty much. As to the original post, I don't care for it. Yeah, no one's perfect. So what? I'm supposed to feel better about the sad-sack Bills because the eternally-good Packers are overpaying for their TE this year? Is that the equalizer that's going to put our teams on the same level? Besides, if Finley ever fixes his dropsies, he'll actually be worth that paycheck. And if he doesn't, they'll just cut him next year. Big whoop.

The inference that Finley's contract blunder is somehow a pass for our FO is strange to me.

The point was to look at his number and go "wow, that sucks."

Instead, I created the latest FO stitch 'n B word. Oh well, with four weeks until the draft, with a tight-lipped new HC and with a 13 year QB/playoff-less run one should expect the TBD content to oscillate closely between "we suck" and "here are the top 15 QB's I want."

I think you might have found a different reaction to your OP if it had been titled differently. As it stood, many of us (me included) interpreted it as meaning something along the lines of, "see, the Bills aren't so bad, even the Packers screw up sometimes!" My apologies for misreading your intent, but I do think the subject line was misleading in that regard.

I think you might have found a different reaction to your OP if it had been titled differently. As it stood, many of us (me included) interpreted it as meaning something along the lines of, "see, the Bills aren't so bad, even the Packers screw up sometimes!" My apologies for misreading your intent, but I do think the subject line was misleading in that regard.

True. A thread title like "nobody's perfect" is a segue for a following excuse. "Nobody is perfect, dad. I didn't mean to wrap your car around the tree last night after abstaining at the party."

At any rate, the Packers possibly overpaying Finley does nothing to make me feel the Bills have improved their roster.

Smith does have 6 TDs in his two seasons here (3 receiving, 2 rushing, 1 return), and McLovin is probably the most explosive return man in the game in addition to being a valuable DB. Another poster commented on the true cap hit for Anderson, which is half of what you suggest.

But carry on, by all means.