Chris Johnson - Professional Jerk

Will they take turns? BTW Greene sucks (have any of you watched him in NY?). I think Tenn. while making some good moves are wasting a bit of cash this year. I really can't see them advancing through the playoffs. Anybody with me on this?

As an everydown back greene does suck. He's the epitome of a backup. He proved it when he was paired with thomas jones his rookie year. For the role of a guy whos gonna come in short yardage you could do worse

Greene can be a beast. Glad he's outta the division.

BTW Greene sucks (have any of you watched him in NY?). I think Tenn. while making some good moves are wasting a bit of cash this year. I really can't see them advancing through the playoffs. Anybody with me on this?

As an everydown back greene does suck. He's the epitome of a backup. He proved it when he was paired with thomas jones his rookie year. For the role of a guy whos gonna come in short yardage you could do worse

I agree with Stealth the most. Greene runs hard and is tough to bring down. That said, he has zero escapability and explosiveness. Probably 99% of his runs are between 2 and 5 yard gains. I think the Titans overpaid for him. I also agree with Bowery that the Titans have spent a lot of money but quite poorly.

We do need a 3rd RB still. My guess is that Choice is back. I'm cool with that. I'd also like to see McIntyre back and what he'd do if he ran the ball.

I don't think so. If this team didn't re-sign Donald Jones and David Nelson, I don't think they're gonna re-sign Choice. I think that part of the reason Choice was even a Bill was because Chan Gailey coached him at Georgia Tech.

After having witnessed the (non) moves this free agency period, I believe the Bills feel they can pay a rookie a lot less than they would Tashard Choice (Choice made $1.75 million last year) and get the same performance or better for a third stringer.

After having witnessed the (non) moves this free agency period, I believe the Bills feel they can pay a rookie a lot less than they would Tashard Choice (Choice made $1.75 million last year) and get the same performance or better for a third stringer.

Do the Bills get three picks in each round this year or something? I hear how they are going to bring in a rookie OG, WR, QB, TE, LB and now RB. Do you know what the odds are of drafting 6 starters or solid contributors out of 6 picks? An NFL team would do really well to get 3 and the Bills have not been doing really well.

Edited by vincec

CJ's comments reveal he cares about how many carries he will lose, i.e. personal stats. Shonn Greene's comments allude to defenses having a hard time accounting for two different styles of runners, and how that will benefit the offense. I wonder which guy is the "team player"? <_<

Exactly. A RB who has confidence doesn't care about losing some of the spotlight. Looks like he is having personal issues that he might need to work through before the season.

Really don't see a problem here. Marino wanted to pass on every down and he was a warrior. CJ wants the ball a lot and that's a problem? Shouldn't that be a good thing?

And Greene sucks and it was a terrible signing by the Titans. He is a dime a dozen back. In fact, the Jets got better at RB by letting him go. He had like 2 good playoff games as a rookie and has been living off that.

Really don't see a problem here. Marino wanted to pass on every down and he was a warrior. CJ wants the ball a lot and that's a problem? Shouldn't that be a good thing?

And Greene sucks and it was a terrible signing by the Titans. He is a dime a dozen back. In fact, the Jets got better at RB by letting him go. He had like 2 good playoff games as a rookie and has been living off that.

agree.....Greene is a nice 2-5 yard bowling ball (sometimes) but all in all hes not a good RB IMO. Too limited too slow

Do the Bills get three picks in each round this year or something? I hear how they are going to bring in a rookie OG, WR, QB, TE, LB and now RB. Do you know what the odds are of drafting 6 starters or solid contributors out of 6 picks? An NFL team would do really well to get 3 and the Bills have not been doing really well.

Actually despite the limited # of draft picks this year, it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills took a RB somewhere.

And of course they could always go the undrafted free agent route too.

Mike Munchak in postgame press conference: "it was Shonn's turn."

Also, "Johnson was winded."

The problem is, aside from him obviously being the better RB, how about waiting to see how the load is carried out come the season, instead of whining about it now. Way to make a new teammate feel welcome. :thumbdown:

Actually despite the limited # of draft picks this year, it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills took a RB somewhere.

And of course they could always go the undrafted free agent route too.

Also, "Johnson was winded."

especially since you can get actual productive guys in rounds 5-7 for instance.

Just wanted to give you the other side of Chris Johnson- I have sons who attend his alma mater- ECU- he came to a game last year on a bye week and could not have been more friendly - posed with one of my sons for a picture and "tweeted" him later thanking him for the picture- we also had the chance to tour the athletic facilities a couple of years ago- on the weight room wall they have charts showing the football team school records for lifting- he holds every lifitng receord for skill position players - an absolute workout fiend in the weight room-

Don't know the guy from Adam but I can tell you I would not mind his work ethic in the Bills locker room!

especially since you can get actual productive guys in rounds 5-7 for instance.

Or later. There are actually lots of undrafted running backs in the NFL. Arian Foster comes to mind. I believe Chris Ivory is another. The de-emphasis in the position almost makes it seem like teams don't devote enough time and energy evaluating them.

Just wanted to give you the other side of Chris Johnson- I have sons who attend his alma mater- ECU- he came to a game last year on a bye week and could not have been more friendly - posed with one of my sons for a picture and "tweeted" him later thanking him for the picture- we also had the chance to tour the athletic facilities a couple of years ago- on the weight room wall they have charts showing the football team school records for lifting- he holds every lifitng receord for skill position players - an absolute workout fiend in the weight room-

Don't know the guy from Adam but I can tell you I would not mind his work ethic in the Bills locker room!

Like I said upthread, you gotta love his competitive instinct.

Probably if something like this was said by Adrian Peterson or Steven Jackson, no one would bother to make an issue of it. Those guys also don't like giving up touches.

The chip on Johnson's shoulder and his competitive instinct are a part of what has allowed him to succeed so you just have to accept the entire package.

Johnson needs to ball to be effective, he is always looking for the homerun and it takes a few -2-3 yard carries for him to bust the 80 yard run.

Johnson needs the ball to justify his paycheck. If anyone else has remote success in the backfield, cj2k may lose all that leverage that got him PAID.

You don't pay a guy 10m to split carries and if cut he never sees those contract numbers again.

Edited by NoSaint

There's a difference. He wants the ball for his own benefit and success. He doesn't want the ball to put the team on his back and win games.

There's a difference. He wants the ball for his own benefit and success. He doesn't want the ball to put the team on his back and win games.

The Titans lack a good QB and a big time WR, they do have an elite RB. It would seem that his success would equate to the teams success.