Urlacher => Get'er Done Buddy!

CSBill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow...I didn't see that. I was apparently mistaken, as it was Ed Werder that reported the $3.5M/year number, but that was for one year:

Ed Werder

Brian Urlacher was willing to return to Bears for 1-year, $3.5 million with $500K incentives. Bears offered half that.

Thanks for clarifying.

he just did a fresh interview on Mike and Mike and I think his agent mustve gotten in his ear about the comment. he eased off the price (ie likely reminded he was going to price himself out of any offers) and was much less harsh on chicago (back to being a good soldier)

He has Dallas written all over him. Kiffin just got there and needs a stop gap until he can bring along his own MLBer

Did something happen to Sean Lee?

he just did a fresh interview on Mike and Mike and I think his agent mustve gotten in his ear about the comment. he eased off the price (ie likely reminded he was going to price himself out of any offers) and was much less harsh on chicago (back to being a good soldier)

Ah...makes sense...thanks.

What would make anyone here believe the FO is going to do anything?

Weve got so many holes and have signed 1 player even 9er fans have no idea ho he is or was as a 1st round pick.??? I live in SoCal and most of my friends are 9er fans, when i asked how was Lawson as a 9er they all said the same thing "Who!" lmao

Buffalo fans know ever pick over the last 20 years in the 1st and 2nd rounds. This FO still has hopes Marcus Easly is a great reciever!?!?!?!? Guy hasnt done squat but we hold onto him...

Were terrible. And yet every day we hold on to the hope were gonna turn it around and still run to the boards to see if we signed someone to help fill this roster. Not easy being a fan thats for sure. As long as that stadium seats get full and that Toronto Deal is in place, Their making money and dont have to spend to keep the fans.

It would be nice to add a veteran player like Urlacher and have him in our locker room. The only problem is he playes in a 4:3. Were not going to be anywhere neer looking like a 4:3. He wouldnt be able to help on the field in a pressure 3:4. From what i've read and heard about Pettin and his D. We need fast flowing hitters for LB's. Sideline to sideline:)

I think, as much as anything, the new Bears regime really didn't want to bring him back, so they low-balled him..made him an offer they knew he would refuse. This is sort of a passive agressive way of trying to pass the blame onto the "greedy player", as his departure is likely to piss off some Bears fans. I think this type of thing happens a lot, when you see aging star players leaving their long-time teams.

The Bears probably didn't expect him to go public with the dollar figures. With a new coach, are probably thinking long-term, and want to move on from the Lovie Smith era...Urlacher, maybe the most beloved current Bears player probably overestimated the value of that status. In truth, he is a very talented player, with a lot of mieage, and a long history of injury. I have no doubt he can still contribute (I think he was more overrated earlier in his career, and got much better over time), but investing a lot in him at this point doesn't make a lot of sense for the Bears. Under Trestman, it appears, the Bears are putting most of their eggs in the offensive basket...

Edited by Buftex

Oh wow...I didn't see that. I was apparently mistaken, as it was Ed Werder that reported the $3.5M/year number, but that was for one year:

Ed Werder

Brian Urlacher was willing to return to Bears for 1-year, $3.5 million with $500K incentives. Bears offered half that.

Thanks for clarifying.

Most likely the media is pulling from gaurunteed and max vue of the contract to sensationalize. I assume Urlacher wants 5ish per year, mostly guaranteed where Chicago is willing to barter just at 2 gauranteed