Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man...

most impressive street performer ive ever seen was another living statue but his art was to really reeally look like a statue. i was in paris for a couple of days and there was a nice brick public courtyard out my window. we got up early to go do something and at about eight i looked out the window and noticed a statue in the courtyard that wasnt there before. the guy had made everything to look like a real statue, he had a cement looking foundation, a fancy heavy looking chain barrier that looked weathered, and his makeup was just perfectly that light grey/green. for quite a while i thought maybe it really was a new statue, i went right up to him and stared and stared and could only baarely see any movement. it was truly incredible. we got back about five-thirty that evening and damn it if he wasnt in the same exact pose! im sure he had to have taken breaks but still that was super impressive. hardly anybody noticed him either, im sure most thought it was just a statue. now thats freakin commitment

btw - i did take a pic but you cant really do his performance any justice like that. i mean after all in a pic it just looks like another of the bajillion statues in that city

most impressive street performer ive ever seen was another living statue but his art was to really reeally look like a statue. i was in paris for a couple of days and there was a nice brick public courtyard out my window. we got up early to go do something and at about eight i looked out the window and noticed a statue in the courtyard that wasnt there before. the guy had made everything to look like a real statue, he had a cement looking foundation, a fancy heavy looking chain barrier that looked weathered, and his makeup was just perfectly that light grey/green. for quite a while i thought maybe it really was a new statue, i went right up to him and stared and stared and could only baarely see any movement. it was truly incredible. we got back about five-thirty that evening and damn it if he wasnt in the same exact pose! im sure he had to have taken breaks but still that was super impressive. hardly anybody noticed him either, im sure most thought it was just a statue. now thats freakin commitment

btw - i did take a pic but you cant really do his performance any justice like that. i mean after all in a pic it just looks like another of the bajillion statues in that city

Lay off the booze & drugs, that was a statue.

i swear to god i really did think it was for quite a while. i kept looking at him out the window, then when we finally got outside i had to stare at him for like two minutes straight from about two feet away just to detect any movement. and it wasnt like he was sitting or even standing in an easy manner, he had both arms raised and still hardly budged. the guy musta been in incredible shape just to have the muscle tone and practice to not move at all in that situation. it was unreal. the artistry in paris is off the charts for every type of performer and this guy had to be the best statue imitator in the world. funny that probably will never get him above poverty level but you gotta respect his level of dedication to his craft

... plus the fabric he used to cover himself was stiff and looked like it had some weight to keep it from moving too, futher burdening his body. honestly i would not have thought it possible to be that close to perfect in the ability to not move if i hadnt stood there and watched it less than three feet away myself

btw - he did not have any money box or anything for donations either, so i have no idea how he made a living, if he needed to. and like i said, he didnt draw any attention to himself either, it was a public courtyard but really sort of to the side of most foot and vehicle traffic. just really doing his thing apparently for the love of it. or perhaps he was completely insane. still, maximally impressive

even later that day i was still wondering if i had really saw movement or if perhaps there had been a new statue placed there overnight. thats how good he was. we had to fly out that evening and just as we were leaving i looked out the window and he was gone. kinda creepy and exciting, especially for what could have been just a dumb statue lmao