Update: The Dreaded Tuck Rule is gone

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it ever been called besides the Brady game? There was one play in the playoffs, can't remember which one now, that I and a lot of people thought it should have applied, but it wasn't called.

Has it ever been called besides the Brady game? There was one play in the playoffs, can't remember which one now, that I and a lot of people thought it should have applied, but it wasn't called.

I've seen it called in many games. It's just never been on such a big stage or so obviously a fumble since Brady's tuck rule. I think we even benefited from it once this past year.

I've seen it called in many games. It's just never been on such a big stage or so obviously a fumble since Brady's tuck rule. I think we even benefited from it once this past year.

Many? I'm thinking you're using that term loosely because I watch as much NFL as anyone and it doesn't come up more than 1-2 times per year.

To the subject, this is just a rule change proposal. However I'm thinking it's gonna be approved.

The most interesting aspect of the rule proposal is that it didn't come from the Competition Committee as the vast majority or proposals do.

The proposed rule change came from the officials.

Many? I'm thinking you're using that term loosely because I watch as much NFL as anyone and it doesn't come up more than 1-2 times per year.

To the subject, this is just a rule change proposal. However I'm thinking it's gonna be approved.

The most interesting aspect of the rule proposal is that it didn't come from the Competition Committee as the vast majority or proposals do.

The proposed rule change came from the officials.

ESPN said it happened 3 times in one week this past season.

I believe it was called against us in a game vs the Bengals a couple of years back. Dalton lost the ball, we recovered, but it was ruled an incompletion.

And how many times in the years previous?

Also how many times did it happen in the other 16 weeks?

Do you have some mean averages to dispute my sense of the frequency or were you just trying to be helpful?

My car ride wasn't that long.

Anyway, you disputed "many" by saying only happens 1-2 times a season. I was offering that it happened 3 times in one week. It's not a dispute, really. I assumed you already had the answer those questions you are asking me when you concluded it only happened 1-2 times a season.