Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually this is the time of the year when people shrug their shoulders and say, I guess OBD knows better than us. And then nine months later, opinions change. I hope this time it's different.

That was a garbage read. It was nothing that hasn't already been said so many times. Scouting report? Really?

Well it wasn't ESPN so it had value in my opinion. Your conclusory statements certainly don't present an unbiased view of whether a solid QB exists in this draft.

@caplannfl

In answering question that I keep getting: Yes, I think the Bills will select a QB this year--just not in the first round.

We'll see...

As a rabid Buffalo Bills fan I don't see how signing Kolb changes anything other than giving The Bills better depth at the position, and maybe some insurance in case there is a run on QB's from 1-7...Other than that...I don't see this as a Draft related move whatsoever...

But I could be wrong...Buddy is still the GM after all... B-)

For those saying that Kolb had a bad o-line;

How do you answer the fact that Kolb was sacked almost twice as many times (27) in 6 games as Skelton was in 7 (15)?

Perhaps Kolb sucks at feeling pressure and moving in the pocket?

Skelton only played 3 full games in 2012, was sacked 13 times in those 3 games

They gave up 58 sacks in 16 games

Cardinals also went 4-2 in Kolb's 6 starts last season

So if CB's numbers are true (and Bangarang's are not), Skelton was sacked 4.3 times per game while Kolb was sacked 4.5 times per game. Not saying that Kolb doesn't feel pressure well but there seems to be little debate that the Cards O-line and their entire offense excepting Larry Fitzgerald was terrible.

@caplannfl

Kolb has always done better when asked to work on 3/5 step-drop passing game, which Bills will use this season.

@caplannfl

Bills OL is significantly better than the Cardinals, obviously, and new coaching staff understands completely how to use him.

Interesting stuff from Caplan.

Alright who had Tempo Duty?

Oh boy, heads are gonna roll.

Times like this I'm glad I live in San Jose.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

So if CB's numbers are true (and Bangarang's are not), Skelton was sacked 4.3 times per game while Kolb was sacked 4.5 times per game. Not saying that Kolb doesn't feel pressure well but there seems to be little debate that the Cards O-line and their entire offense excepting Larry Fitgerald was terrible.

Bang's numbers are correct, just misleading

Edited by Carey Bender

Dallas pays $100 mill over 6 years for Tony Romo

Bills pay $13 million over 2 years for a guy who, if healthy, can play the position as well as Fitz and possibly better.

Analytics at work.

I'd rather have Flacco.