Amendola..Welker clone Pats new go to guy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, Welker 2 years for 12 million total. You got to think the pats* offered him at least that.

I hope the hoody eats this one. But, I'm glad he out of the AFCE. Amendola is just that. A clone, a injured clone..

let's hope he's more injured and less clone! :D

Patriots make great use of white guys-little ones at that...This guy is better than Welker-he can go deep. Had him on my fanatsy team and he was legit with an average QB in Bradford throwing him the ball...Pats offense just got better again...It never ends. Us sucking-that is our own doing

missed all but one game in 2011, and only started 8 games last year, and I can only hope this move bites the Patriots hard.

Remember last year when they benched Welker in favor of the TE's and then the TE's were injured so he comes off the bench for another 100+ reception season. Since 2007 almost every year 100+ receptions.

Welker agrees to terms with the Broncos http://espn.go.com/n...-denver-broncos Welker missed only 3 games in 8 years with the Patriots

Edited by FeartheLosing

Patriots make great use of white guys-little ones at that...This guy is better than Welker-he can go deep. Had him on my fanatsy team and he was legit with an average QB in Bradford throwing him the ball...Pats offense just got better again...It never ends. Us sucking-that is our own doing

They got better than 110 catches a season? You're nuts. Welker was an amazing, amazing player for them. No way IMO that Amendola comes close to the numbers, production, or goes over the middle and takes the pounding like Welker did.

They got better than 110 catches a season? You're nuts. Welker was an amazing, amazing player for them. No way IMO that Amendola comes close to the numbers, production, or goes over the middle and takes the pounding like Welker did.

Lets hope not. Those Pats have a way of falling in shitz and come out smelling like a rose though.

He's got an 8.8 YPC career average, and his average last year was 10.6. And his career long catch is 56 yards. He also ran a 4.68 at the Combine. I think it's safe to say that Welker's records are safe.

DA has huge shoes to fill no doubt. I doubt he's asked to fill them by himself however. He'll get help from Gronk and Hernandez who, right so, are the new focus of this offense and who will be the priorities of Brady. I think what DA brings to the table is more slant, and seam passes along with more quick strikes to get deep into the secondary opening up the interior more for the TE's. The Pats will also rely more on throwing it to their RB's.

Amendola is a stud. He had 12 catches in a half against Seattle or San Fran this year. He got hurt making an amazing catch down the sideline, got planted on his shoulder. He also returns punts. I don't know why they let him go here in St. Louis. He will piss us off, that is for certain. Unless we can bring the heat on Brady and mess his rhythm.

Good thing Brady restructured his contract so the Patriots had cap room to sign Welker.... :w00t: Then they low balled him and actually paid scrub danny more then they offered Welker, what a team :lol:

Brady isn't happy either http://www.nfl.com/n...wes-welker-deal

"Losing a valuable teammate over a reported gap of $2 million is one thing. Letting him walk into the waiting arms of longtime rival Peyton Manning is capable of creating a special brand of bitter."

Edited by FeartheLosing

Amendola is a stud. He had 12 catches in a half against Seattle or San Fran this year. He got hurt making an amazing catch down the sideline, got planted on his shoulder. He also returns punts. I don't know why they let him go here in St. Louis. He will piss us off, that is for certain. Unless we can bring the heat on Brady and mess his rhythm.

Agreed - this guy is good when I saw him.