Has anyone seen this team worse off than right now?

I dont mean this in a negative way. I am merely calling it as I see it. Has anyone else seen the Bills in more dire straits than right now? Ive been going to the stadium since the early 70's and suffered through some tough times like the rest of you. But I dont ever remember it being as bad as it is right now. From the Buddy nix phone call that was just pathetic from a GM. To a long term deal with a journeyman contract. At one point we had Russ Brandon as the GM not too mention we have only hit on a few draft picks in the last ten or so years. 13 years of no playoffs. People can flame away at me, franky I dont care my life will go on. As of right now, and I know its been discussed already, but we have 1 wide receiver, no tight end until some point in the season, just lost the top or close to the top guards in the NFL, Fred Jackson has wear and tear so we have no depth at RB. We have one QB on the roster that we gave a 7th round pick for then never dressed him the whole year. Oh, and this QB cant hit the broad side of a barn. On defense we have no linebackers and wow, we signed a second stringer from Cinci. Maybe our D line is a strength but the jury is still out and Dareus hasnt played like a number 3 over all. He gets a pass for his brothers death. At safety we are weak and at CB too. I am bracing for 1-15 to 3-13 at very best. Yes my friends, its that bad. So get your popcorn ready for the comedy show.

No. I totally agree. and worse it looks like there is no end to the bumbling in sight.....

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what scares me the most is WR depth.... Johnson goes down for more than a week and the season is over..... and dont give me the line that I am not accounting for the draft!! :censored: I am it takes 2-3 years for most WR's to fully develop (there are exceptions). At best, we will see a better TJ but not ready to be a true #2.

Nelson and jones were UDFAs off of the street. Buddy at least has a knack for finding those.

See if I were to pick an area to be scared of, it's the d line. They have like a quarter of the teams cap invested in 4 guys, two probowlers, a 3rd and first overall pick, and they just absolutely sucked last year. $155 million in contracts there for the front line of the league worst d? How insane is that?

Didn't they just re sign a completely former #1 pick medicore DB? And buddy had already commented during negotiations that he was going to start. Does anyone believe the light will go on for him this year? I don't.

Maybe not, but he is a great returner... and above all else, he is not a "leader" but a complementary player. All the true poster child's for losing are gone.

Nelson and jones were UDFAs off of the street. Buddy at least has a knack for finding those.

The flip side of UDFAs is that they chose to come to Buffalo because they feel they'll have a better shot of making the roster than on another team.

BTW, remember how giddy everyone was last September that the Bills finally had a full lineup of NFL worthy players, and their castoffs would be quickly snatched up by other teams? That didn't quite turn out that way, and I don't think people will be scouting Bills' scraps this year either.

I don't think people will be scouting Bills' scraps this year either.

Let's see. Of the Bills castoffs this year, so far George Wilson, levitre, and Fitz have signed with Titans. Donald Duck with Patsies.. Rinehart signed somewhere else.. Someone's got to be scouting these guys.. Unless I'm missing somoeone, the only ones we ran off that didn't retire that are still out there are Choice, Pigpen, and Nelson.

I have seen really bad Bills teams since the late 60s. Is this one of the worst? IMO, no. It does have glaring holes. The team will draft a QB. They have 2 good RBs and blocking TEs. 1 good WR with a bunch of green guys, expect a new face via the draft. O Line has some talent but need at least 1 guy to play OG. I think the team will enter the season with the D linemen that they have. The Bills will draft a ILB and a CB. This team will be thin on depth. They will fill out the roster with street FA that Nix is fond of. Hope 2 or 3 FA that are available will be signed prior to the draft. This team can be adequate or really bad this year.