Dannell Ellerbe to Dolphins

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, we might have a better LB core than the Super Bowl champs right now!!! Ok, no we don't.

I agree with you about Newsome's skill as a GM, but I think he just got the rug pulled from underneath him on this one. The Ravens made a statement last week that signing Ellerbe was their #1 priority, and after the Boldin trade to free up space, it looked like that was a lock to happen.

I agree all signs pointed to the Ravens trying to keep him. But a good GM has anumber in mind that he says 'i am not going over this' . I think the Phins, had a different number in mind. Newsome who saw Ellerbe on a day to day basis did not feel like he was worth it.

5 years $35mil is a lot for a LB who has very little track record to show what he can do.

I wanted him, but those numbers are a little aggressive for me.

I agree all signs pointed to the Ravens trying to keep him. But a good GM has anumber in mind that he says 'i am not going over this' . I think the Phins, had a different number in mind. Newsome who saw Ellerbe on a day to day basis did not feel like he was worth it.

5 years $35mil is a lot for a LB who has very little track record to show what he can do.

I wanted him, but those numbers are a little aggressive for me.

The stinkin fish took a risk on Ellerbe. But they have in the past on similar defensive players

and it's worked. I thought the Bills would have taken a stab at him. Less risk than some of our free agent signings

just last year.

I just heard a talking head on NFLN say it was 5yrs/26 mil with 13 of it guaranteed.

No idea who's right....

Are the Bills talking to any body ? Or are they just sitting around talking to them selves ?

Well i guess our splash was last year & that one will have to last for three years ...

Dansby getting released with this signing

Is he any good any more or was he just getting to much money ?

I think that deal was for Philip Wheeler. I got to think the Crows would match an offer of 5 mill/year for Ellerbe.

Maybe, but the guy didn't announce the Wheeler deal until after he was done talking about Ellerbee, which was when he mentioned that contract.

Very possible that he was just trying to relay too many things at once and got ahead of himself.

Still - they're getting both for the price we paid for Mario...

And I wouldn't trade Mario for both of them.......

Who cares what is cost to win a SB.....just win man!

Oh. So you have to overpay in free agency in order to win a Super Bowl?

Okay.

I agree all signs pointed to the Ravens trying to keep him. But a good GM has anumber in mind that he says 'i am not going over this' . I think the Phins, had a different number in mind.

This is what happened with the Bills, Levitre, and the Titans. This script will repeat itself through free agency. You put a price on a player. If his market exceeds that price you decide if you have any wiggle room or not.

The stinkin fish took a risk on Ellerbe. But they have in the past on similar defensive players

and it's worked. I thought the Bills would have taken a stab at him. Less risk than some of our free agent signings

just last year.

How have the Fins done in free agency?

Cameron Wake is the only really good signing I can remember them having.

And shouldn't the fact that Jeff Ireland is still their GM make people a little bit more reserved about their signings so far? I'm not seeing that they're conclusively heading in the right direction.