[closed]Levitre is not coming back

Andy Levitre is a great guard. There is a reason he is the #1 free agent interior lineman. We arent good enough to let those kind of players walk. What is all this BS about "overpaying" a guy?? Are we paying them? Who the hell cares what the NFL pays them. I want to cheer for a good team for once. Call me crazy.

Is he really great though? I think he is a solid above average player and his best asset is being durable.. While I'd like to have him on the team still, not at 8+Mil/per which is what he will get in FA. You sign him at that number and you are even more cap strapped going forward..

You can hate on the organization all you want but this is the right move.

I can't believe Buddy is that inept to let Levitre go and keep Fitz, not possible.

I hadn't realized it was so simple.

Is he really great though? I think he is a solid above average player and his best asset is being durable.. While I'd like to have him on the team still, not at 8+Mil/per which is what he will get in FA. You sign him at that number and you are even more cap strapped going forward..

You can hate on the organization all you want but this is the right move.

Yes, they have their walk-away price, and well they should. For the last few weeks it's seemed 90% likely that Levitre's asking price would exceed what they are (rightfully) willing to pay.

Is he really great though? I think he is a solid above average player and his best asset is being durable.. While I'd like to have him on the team still, not at 8+Mil/per which is what he will get in FA. You sign him at that number and you are even more cap strapped going forward

Not great, average to good, durability though is huge as you can count on hin virtually every play. But to sign Leodis when you could have Levitre instead plus 2-3 mil more................... I dont know. Lastly, I believe Levitre never wanted to come back, regardless what he said thru the media. That is why no offer from the Bills

Guess i contradicted myself here. Oh well :doh:

Edited by MarkyMannn

If it's anything more than 8 per year I can't be upset that the Bills didn't go there. Good player but not a franchise type player. I'd rather keep Wood long term, he is a better leader and the injury history might keep his price down

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.