This Week Fitz 's roster Bonus due.

I would like to say, with all the attacks on Fitz, I don't personally blame him for any of what has happened associated with him playing here. He is a true professional and He gives 100% to the team and has been good for the Buffalo area outside of football. I blame Nix and Gailey. Those guys should have known that Fitz was not good enough. They are supposed to be the football people making the football decisions.Why a quarternback was not drafted before is a mystery to me. Fitz was only doing what any competitor would do in his place. Try his best. Blame the football guys. I think Fitz is a good guy, and I wish him the best no matter what he goes on to do. I just hope it's not being the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills.

Hey, I wish every loser the best once I fire him. -But I DO fire him. Part of being an adult is accepting responsibility for your actions. Part of that responsibility may involve bearing consequences up to, and including condemnation, and/or villification for poor, negligent, or just plain AWFUL performances.

Fitz knew his throwing motion was bad. He knew he had accuracy issues...-Why didn't he get his own QB coach and try to improve? He sure had the money... IMO, that's what a TRUE profesional would have done. That woulda been someone who CARED... Someone you could say "gives 100%" Mark Sanchez did it.... Alex Smith did it... Brandon Wedden is doing it as we speak... TRYING to get better.

FITZ DID NOTHING OF THE SORT.

Instead, he kept taking money, throwing INT's, and growing that disgusting rug on his face.

The team had to bring in Dave Lee, and even then the Harvard Brainiac resisted instruction. Leaving the WEAK leadership of Nix/Gailey to settle for Fitz's "improved footwork". :lol:

I'm not going to rant... I'm not going to say that I wish him ill, because I genuinely do not.

I just want his sorry butt off the team by this time next week. CUT FITZ.

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I wish every loser the best once I fire him. -But I DO fire him. Part of being an adult is accepting responsibility for your actions. Part of that responsibility may involve bearing consequences up to, and including condemnation, and/or villification for poor, negligent, or just plain AWFUL performances.

Fitz knew his throwing motion was bad. He knew he had accuracy issues...-Why didn't he get his own QB coach and try to improve? He sure had the money... IMO, that's what a TRUE profesional would have done. That woulda been someone who CARED... Someone you could say "gives 100%" Mark Sanchez did it.... Alex Smith did it... Brandon Wedden is doing it as we speak... TRYING to get better.

FITZ DID NOTHING OF THE SORT.

Instead, he kept taking money, throwing INT's, and growing that disgusting rug on his face.

The team had to bring in Dave Lee, and even then the Harvard Brainiac resisted instruction. Leaving the WEAK leadership of Nix/Gailey to settle for Fitz's "improved footwork". :lol:

I'm not going to rant... I'm not going to say that I wish him ill, because I genuinely do not.

I just want his sorry butt off the team by this time next week. CUT FITZ.

I wasn't aware that those quarterbacks brought in and paid for their own coaches. I also don't know how you can say he resisted the instruction from Lee. Was that written somewhere from a reliable source? I didn't see that if it was. Maybe you can link that story for us.

I would like to say, with all the attacks on Fitz, I don't personally blame him for any of what has happened associated with him playing here. He is a true professional and He gives 100% to the team and has been good for the Buffalo area outside of football. I blame Nix and Gailey. Those guys should have known that Fitz was not good enough. They are supposed to be the football people making the football decisions.Why a quarternback was not drafted before is a mystery to me. Fitz was only doing what any competitor would do in his place. Try his best. Blame the football guys. I think Fitz is a good guy, and I wish him the best no matter what he goes on to do. I just hope it's not being the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills.

Great post. I agree 1000% When Fitz got in that Patriots linebackers face this year, I was totally feelin the dude more than ever. And ya know what? He had some damn good games in a Buffalo Bills uniform. Including that very game- until the last throw in the end zone, the guy played as close to a perfect game as you can play. But sadly, that was his M.O.- couldn't close. I would add though, that while I would agree in blaming Nix for riding him as long as he did, I would credit Gailey for getting more out of him than most coaches would have. To be honest, I think Gailey is one of the better offensive coordinators in the game today. Unfortunately he is not a very good game manager.

I'm worried #34fan you're going to hang yourself when Fitz stays on the team and competes for the starting job.

Well, I damn sure wouldn't hang myself over Fitz. I may throw back a few scotches in protest, but that's about it. :)

I had planned to fly back for 2 home games this year, but that WILL NOT be happening if Fitz is the starter.

I have some solid inside info that Fitz is more than likely getting cut. This is not as strong as when I broke the Mario Williams story a year ago, but I can tell you that it is pretty close to a done deal. Not staking my reputation on this one though.

man i hope your correct

it would make my day, and give me more hope about the current coaching staff.

Well, I damn sure wouldn't hang myself over Fitz. I may throw back a few scotches in protest, but that's about it. :)

I had planned to fly back for 2 home games this year, but that WILL NOT be happening if Fitz is the starter.

this is what i mean

They would lose fan base if Fitz is starting next yr, some even with him just being on the team.

I would like him as a backup, nothing more. good dude not talented to get us to the playoffs.

I want him gone, but if he restructuring allows us to bring in another top FA, then I am ok with him remaining. However he is not the best QB on the team, I would take TJax's over all ability over Fitz every day.

Also Marrone said he told the two QBs that there will be an open competition at QB...he never said Fitz or Jax would be in it......

I wasn't aware that those quarterbacks brought in and paid for their own coaches. I also don't know how you can say he resisted the instruction from Lee. Was that written somewhere from a reliable source? I didn't see that if it was. Maybe you can link that story for us.

Thats a fair query first and ten.

The truth is I'm not certain WHO paid for those guys help in the off season. -Only that they sought help. Which is admirable regardless of who footed the bill.

As for your other comment, I feel as comfortable saying that fitz "resisted instruction", as you do saying. "He gives 100% to the team" and implying that he tried his best. :lol: -Point of view I suppose.

The end of this article seems propetic. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/01/ryan-fitzpatrick-says-mechanical-changes-are-working/

However I prefer the analysis in this one.http://www.footballnation.com/content/the-struggles-ryan-fitzpatrick-buffalo/18702/

Not saying Fitz didn't try at all. Just seems like others in his position tried much harder, and were more dedicated to a meaningful outcome...

Fitz will be the opending day starter. He is better than Alex Smith and any other FA QB out there. He is cheaper than Flynn and probably better than Flynn.

If we switch to a west coast type offense what type of QB fits that mold? Hmmm. Intelligent, slightly mobile, and accurate on short and mid range throws. Fitz is all of that except perhaps mid-range throws to his left. He is very good at throwing up the seam. I don't know what type of offense Hackett is going to run and neither do any of us. Marrone has no reason to call Fitz and tell him there will be a QB competition only to then cut him later. They all know that there is no QB in this draft that is better than a second round talent. Can one of them become a star. Yes they can. But there is no way they just turn the franchose over to a second or third round QB without a competition.

Fitz will be the opending day starter. He is better than Alex Smith and any other FA QB out there. He is cheaper than Flynn and probably better than Flynn.

I dunno man. Not sure I'd say Fitz is better than Alex Smith.

You're just clueless. It makes sense as :

1- we eliminate him from the cap next year. If he stays with the current contract, he's due around 10 mill next year. If we cut him next year, we still have the 10 million dollar cap hit. If we cut him now, we are off the hook for the 10 mill next year. That's reason enough alone to keep a crappy QB.

2- fritz sucks. Paying crappy players 10 million dollars is bad business.

3- we save Ralph 10 million dollars

4- fritz sucks. Paying crappy players 10 million dollars is bad business.

5- maybe 10% of the Bills fan base like fitz. 90% of the fan base will get violently ill if he's kept. 10% of those 90% could very well die due to shock.

6- fritz still sucks.

7- it's time to move on. He's overstayed his welcome. He's proven that he has a weak arm, can't make all the throws and chokes in the clutch. We're better off with a rookie or tjack starting.

Exactly. We lose on the salary cap this year, but it helps us out tremendously for next year.

This team is clearly rebuilding and we've already seen over the last 3-4 years exactly what Fitz is capable of. It's not good enough.

If we switch to a west coast type offense what type of QB fits that mold? Hmmm. Intelligent, slightly mobile, and accurate on short and mid range throws. Fitz is all of that except perhaps mid-range throws to his left. He is very good at throwing up the seam. I don't know what type of offense Hackett is going to run and neither do any of us. Marrone has no reason to call Fitz and tell him there will be a QB competition only to then cut him later. They all know that there is no QB in this draft that is better than a second round talent. Can one of them become a star. Yes they can. But there is no way they just turn the franchose over to a second or third round QB without a competition.

Where's your link in regards to Fitz being the opening day starter? Is this made up or do you have some deep info ? Some prior posters have stated in this thread he's close to gone ? Someone's dropping the ball here

Put me in the camp of fans whose only shelling out money for tickets w Fitz as backup or gone.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

Fitz is just too limited. It's not fun to watch IMO

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You do make a lot of sense.

I like the idea of a pay cut because it can save cap money this year and make cutting him in the future easier on the cap. He would be competition at the position also.

It actually won't make cutting him in the future easier on the cap.

A pay cut will only effect the new monies that he will receive......the 10m lump bonus type monies are the ones that effect the dead money if cut.....which will not change.

Either way......pay cut or not......if cut after this season we will have a 7m dead cap hit.....or a 4m dead cap hit if cut after next season.

We don't know if he better than Flynn.... I don't know how u can make this claim.

Fitz will suck in any scheme because he is too inconsistent. Plus he cant make a play when it counts.

Alot of fans will be pissed if he is the starter next yr. I think the Bills are aware of this.