Screw other FA's, we should target Chris Gamble

Panthers released him. He would be a PERFECT compliment to Gilmore. He would instantly solidify our secondary and the CB position which is a major requirement to an effective Pettine defense. Gamble is a very good corner and is still young enough (about to turn 30) to produce at a very high level.

I'd prefer him over any other FA defensive player at this point.

Edited by bobobonators

If he is so good, why was he released?

their cap.

I'm not saying he's Revis, but he's a legit NFL CB. He would instantly be our #1CB ahead of Gilmore (IMO)...at the very least he would be one of the better #2 CB's in the league.

Edited by bobobonators

Players get released for a number of reasons. Not always on lack of ability.

But usually you don't just let good ones with ability go without trying to trade them or get rid of guys who aren't good.....

I'm not saying thats the case here though, the Panthers were over the cap so they had to make some cuts to get back under apparently

But usually you don't just let good ones with ability go without trying to trade them or get rid of guys who aren't good.....

I'm not saying thats the case here though, the Panthers were over the cap so they had to make some cuts to get back under apparently

I know. Also just because a player is released doesn't mean he still can't play or his career is over.

with free agency starting up, you will see some solid vets released because they dont want to renegotiate back loaded deals, new schemes that they dont fit as well etc... just because their current skill set doesnt match their current price, doesnt mean value cant be found.

Edited by NoSaint

I live in Charlotte but don't know Gamble's game per say, but he gets killed around here. Even the fans bash the guy constantly. The sports radio show will be rejoicing Monday. Like I said I don't know how he plays, but there hasn't been a more maligned player in years here.

Free agent CB Chris Gamble is planning to retire.

"A number of teams have expressed interest in (him)," Gamble's agent said in a statement. "However, Chris informed me last night that he wants to retire. Even though he still loves football, he told me that he's decided to focus on life after football." It's stunning news for a 30 year old who seemed to have some good football left, but could be an indication the shoulder injury that limited Gamble to four games last season was more serious than previously thought. Perpetually underrated since being the No. 28 pick of the 2004 draft, Gamble will finish his career with 27 interceptions across 123 games if he's indeed hanging up his cleats. It's possible Gamble will reconsider once training camp rolls around.

:oops:

Panthers released him. He would be a PERFECT compliment to Gilmore. He would instantly solidify our secondary and the CB position which is a major requirement to an effective Pettine defense. Gamble is a very good corner and is still young enough (about to turn 30) to produce at a very high level.

I'd prefer him over any other FA defensive player at this point.

This is why all posters on TBD are not GM's.