• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Pale skin. Preferably albino.

2. Red hair and freckles.

3. Weak ankles.

4. Hare lip.

5. Sensitive, both emotionally and physically.

6. Neurotic. Lots of phobias.

7. Close talker. Unaware of personal space.

11. Quits easily.

8.) Club foot, preferably on his planting leg.

9.) Lactose intolerant (makes for a fun huddle).

GO BILLS!!!

8.) Club foot, preferably on his planting leg.

9.) Lactose intolerant (makes for a fun huddle).

GO BILLS!!!

Good call.

10. Lots of allergies. Deathly allergic to natural grass and un-processed foods.

12. Lives with mother. Mildly agoraphobic.

13. Smells like cabbage.

14. Never nude. Must wear jean shorts at all times.

15. Dutch. Wears cleats made out of wood. Very little arch support.

16. Tourettes.

Edited by Jauronimo

Good call.

10. Lots of allergies. Deathly allergic to natural grass and un-processed foods.

13. Smells like cabbage.

16. Tourettes.

Can you imagine how confused a defense would be listening to a QB with Tourrettes and trying to discern line calls and audibles?

"43 is the !@#$! 43 is the !@#$!"

Haha. Can't believe the language filter wouldn't let me type, corksorker.

"43 is the corksorker! 43 is the corksorker!"

That's it. I want Roman Maroni as my next QB.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I didn't anticipate this serious topic about what Whaley described as a qb class with many flaws being turned into a mockery but that is our wall.

The only point about why accuracy is so important is because you can work to improve mechanics but in doing so a player tends to go backward before they can go ahead. If the mechanics are solid and the qb is accurate a lot of the other things can improve. I just don't think the Bills want to invest in a qb that will take a few years to fix. We want one that can play this season or don't draft one until the third round or lower and develop him.

I didn't anticipate this serious topic about what Whaley described as a qb class with many flaws being turned into a mockery but that is our wall.

The only point about why accuracy is so important is because you can work to improve mechanics but in doing so a player tends to go backward before they can go ahead. If the mechanics are solid and the qb is accurate a lot of the other things can improve. I just don't think the Bills want to invest in a qb that will take a few years to fix. We want one that can play this season or don't draft one until the third round or lower and develop him.

Excellent point, CiS. Watching Fitz last year was a great example of what you're talking about. Lee screwed with his mechanics to the point where Fitz just never looked comfortable in the pocket. Way too much thinking and "aiming" the ball. Case in point is the pick he threw to Revis in the very first game last year. He triple-hitched a pass on a routine out rout. Triple hitched it. You just don't see that at the high school level very often and NEVER by a pro.

GO BILLS!!!

To my eye, there are four interlinked qualities that a top QB must have, and they're all so important that you can't put one above the other:

Leadership (teammates must trust you) -- Ability to quickly read the defense (tied to the ability to make the correct changes if necessary) -- Ability to act quickly and correctly after the snap -- Accuracy Accuracy Accuracy

Strong arm, running ability, durability, media savvy, etc. are all excellent qualities. But if you don't have the other ones first, it doesn't matter how shifty you are in the open field.

+1

My guy has got to be cool in the pocket, tough, a good leader. He has to be able to read a defense and deliver the ball to his playmakers and WIN! Dont' care if he can run the option or not, read the D, disect them and deliver the dang football.

Good call.

13. Smells like cabbage.

16. Tourettes.

Is this Dog90210 ???

1. Accuracy. Great ball placement. The ability to hit his receivers in stride.

2. Courage. I want a guy with cojones. A short memory.

3. Leadership. Someone like Brady that isn't afraid to let his teammates have it when they screw up.

4. Arm strength. We play in Buffalo. Enough said!

5. High football IQ

6. Athleticism.

There's an elusive "Sherriff" quality present in successful pro QB's that I've never been able to quantify.

The Sherriff has a need to set things right, lay down the law, and meet out justice... He owns that combination of drive, wisdom, confidence, and unwavering leadership.

IMO, It's what separates the Andy Luck's, Russell Wilson's, and RG3's of the world from your Blaine Gabbert's, Jimmy Clausen's and Brady Quinn's.

I don't see an abundance of those qualities in this years crop... Next draft, seems more promising.

Edited by #34fan