What Might Have Been?

You know, I have read a lot about what might have been if the Bills would have selected Big Ben, Flacco, Wilson, Kapernick, Dalton, etc.

That said, what is to say that with our terrible coaching staff over the past decade, our horrible coordinators, QB coaches, sub par lines, WR's, RB's, TE's, etc., that ANY of these successful QB's would have had any succes in Buffalo?!

Sure, there are many intangibles that can't be coached, however, what type of support would we have provided these QB's? Does anyone believe Tom Brady would have had the same success in Buffalo with the likes of some of the supporting cast we have put on the field. RB's like Derrick Holmes, Joe Burns, Shawn Bryson; WR's like Sam Aiken, Avion Black ; TE's like Mark Campbell and Brad Cieslak.

The list goes on and on. I too hope this new regime sees what has become so painfully obvious to all of us armchair qb's. We can't compete or contend in this league until our administration, team, coaches and scouts place a priority on seeing the obvious, having courage to make changes and investing money in their product on a larger scale that a quick hit to sell tickets.

Thoughts?

You know, I have read a lot about what might have been if the Bills would have selected Big Ben, Flacco, Wilson, Kapernick, Dalton, etc.

That said, what is to say that with our terrible coaching staff over the past decade, our horrible coordinators, QB coaches, sub par lines, WR's, RB's, TE's, etc., that ANY of these successful QB's would have had any succes in Buffalo?!

You can have as many good coaching staffs, coordinators, QB coaches, lines, WRs, RBs, TEs etc as you want........if you don't have a top QB, you typically won't be going very far into the playoffs.

Sure, there are many intangibles that can't be coached, however, what type of support would we have provided these QB's? Does anyone believe Tom Brady would have had the same success in Buffalo with the likes of some of the supporting cast we have put on the field. RB's like Derrick Holmes, Joe Burns, Shawn Bryson; WR's like Sam Aiken, Avion Black ; TE's like Mark Campbell and Brad Cieslak.

The list goes on and on. I too hope this new regime sees what has become so painfully obvious to all of us armchair qb's. We can't compete or contend in this league until our administration, team, coaches and scouts place a priority on seeing the obvious, having courage to make changes and investing money in their product on a larger scale that a quick hit to sell tickets.

Thoughts?

I can't believe we passed on Ben, oh wait we didn't.

Let it go. Wooduhcooduhshooduh but didn't. You don't move forward by looking backward.

But...But I thought that we had to take few steps backward to take more steps forward!

I can't believe we passed on Ben, oh wait we didn't.

Let us beat up on another dead-horse.

You can have as many good coaching staffs, coordinators, QB coaches, lines, WRs, RBs, TEs etc as you want........if you don't have a top QB, you typically won't be going very far into the playoffs.

They all go hand-in-hand !

So were making the giant freaking assumption, that these guys would have had the exact same careers in Buffalo,they had with the teams that drafted them? Ok then.................................................

Put down the beer and read paragraph two and three from the original poster real slowly. You will realize what a giant freaking stupid post your's is.

Put down the beer and read paragraph two and three from the original poster real slowly. You will realize what a giant freaking stupid post your's is.

Let me break this down real quick junior, the above post is,we suck at drafting,we could draft all stars but it doesn't matter,because we suck at drafting,Ralph is cheap,Nix sucks,every QB ever is better than Fitzpatrick,repeat ad nauseam. Welcome to TBD's annual offseason. Enjoy automated response number 1.

I will say this one was better worded than the last ten of these types of posts......so thats looking up. :thumbsup:

You can speculate, but you can never know. A solid QB might have turned the fortunes of this franchise around. He may have helped prevent the coaching carousel we have had. He may not. Bottom line is a good QB solves a hell of a lot of problems.