B. Scott has been retained by Buffalo

Okay, this seals it for me.

I think Pettine's goal is to architect an EXTREMELY DB heavy defense. I think we should expect to see 5-7 DB's on the field 90% of the time, so he can disguise blitzes and coverages with a ton of little guys running around the backfield.

Any one else getting this sense???

Nickel is the new base nfl defense.

Really the discussion is less 34 vs 43 and more 33 vs 42 and whether you bring a safety or corner as the 5th db

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this seals it for me.

I think Pettine's goal is to architect an EXTREMELY DB heavy defense. I think we should expect to see 5-7 DB's on the field 90% of the time, so he can disguise blitzes and coverages with a ton of little guys running around the backfield.

Any one else getting this sense???

Hard to disguise your intentions by doing the same thing 90% of the time--especially if it involves 7 DBs....

That plan would succeed in taking them from 31st against the run to 32nd. Pettine's D was crappy v. the run.

Edited by Mr. WEO

We better have a stud MLB to stop the run if he does that

Agreed. May be a 5 man front????

I just think we're in for some wacky, exotic stuff.

Depends on who they get in FA or the draft, then we will know more now is kinda early.

Well, you heard it here first! :thumbsup:

Milliner, Rhodes, or Vaccaro at 8.

And then this board will crash.

Bill from NYC meets the big grabber. :flirt:

If little guys weigh 200 pounds or less and there were a ton of them, wouldn't that mean 10 DBs on the field?

:nana:

Dareus/KW williams the only two down-lineman? Stranger things have happened?

Nickel is the new base nfl defense.

Really the discussion is less 34 vs 43 and more 33 vs 42 and whether you bring a safety or corner as the 5th db

3/3 vs. 4/2 vs. 5/5, right!

Hard to disguise your intentions by doing the same thing 90% of the time--especially if it involves 7 DBs....

That plan would succeed in taking them from 31st against the run to 32nd.

Seven DB's would give you endless combinations of blitz/coverage reads. :huh:

Explain...

Because I think he is more suited for SS.

Because he was recently changed and listed on the team's depth chart as a LB... Plus he made a reference to playing LB on a tweet of his and now Tim Grahm just made mention of him as a LB

@ByTimGraham

We'll be talking with newly re-signed Bills LB @teambryanscott on 1270 The Fan in Buffalo. @bulledge http://player.stream...=20060 …

That plan would succeed in taking them from 31st against the run to 32nd. Pettine's D was crappy v. the run.

Um, they were 4th in YPC allowed in 2009, 3rd in 2010, 7th in 2011, 21st in 2012

One poor year in which their starting NT was hurt for much of the year doesn't make his D "crappy" versus the run. In all actuality, they were very, very good vs. the run during his time there.

Um, they were 4th in YPC allowed in 2009, 3rd in 2010, 7th in 2011, 21st in 2012

One poor year in which their starting NT was hurt for much of the year doesn't make his D "crappy" versus the run. In all actuality, they were very, very good vs. the run during his time there.

He loves to overstate things.

And good. I always liked Scott. Good dude, who makes plays.