Movie Draft Day No Longer About Bills

BRAWNDO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NY State & Western NY make making films very difficult and expensive from what I hear, and you have to think every politician in BFLO had their hands out-so the filmakers said-Screw it!Meanwhile Onatrio and Toronto have just blown up for city of choice for making movies.I havent read this article, but that sucks. I would have liked to see Buffalo and The Bills featured in a film, cements their legacy-good or bad...However- Kevin Costner just plain sucks. the guy peaked 20 years ago and he isnt a draw anymore. Im OK with Kevin Costner and Bruce Willis hanging it up and never seeing them in a film again-"It's Over Johnny!"

NY State & Western NY make making films very difficult and expensive from what I hear, and you have to think every politician in BFLO had their hands out-so the filmakers said-Screw it!

Makes sense to me. We're NY, you should pay extra to live and play here! :wallbash:

NY State & Western NY make making films very difficult and expensive from what I hear, and you have to think every politician in BFLO had their hands out-so the filmakers said-Screw it!Meanwhile Onatrio and Toronto have just blown up for city of choice for making movies.I havent read this article, but that sucks. I would have liked to see Buffalo and The Bills featured in a film, cements their legacy-good or bad...However- Kevin Costner just plain sucks. the guy peaked 20 years ago and he isnt a draw anymore. Im OK with Kevin Costner and Bruce Willis hanging it up and never seeing them in a film again-"It's Over Johnny!"

New York is ahead of the game on this one then.

Most of the cities that have done studies on whether offering up incentives for movies to film there don't end up creating the jobs or revenue to make it profitable (and it's not close. You end up paying for having the honor of them making money off a movie they shoot.

http://www.techdirt....taxpayers.shtml

State Net Revenue Foregone per Net Job Created by Film Tax Credit Revenue Gained from Feedback Effects per Dollar of Film Subsidy Claimed($)

Massachusetts $88,000 $0.16

Connecticut $33,400 $0.07

Louisiana $16,100 $0.13

Louisiana $14,100 $0.18

Michigan $44,561 $0.11

New Mexico $13,400 $0.14

New Mexico ($400) $1.50

Pennsylvania $13,000 $0.24

New York ($2,000) $1.90

Arizona $23,676 $0.28

http://www.nytimes.c....anted=all&_r=1

" And when temporary construction workers were excluded from the tally, Pontiac’s records show, the studio reported only two employees in 2010 and 12 the next year. "

Edited by jeremy2020