My UFA wish list - 5 players I hope the Bills are considering

merlin

Cliff Avril - DE/OLB - Detroit lions

Brandon Albert - OT - Kansas City

(UPDATE: KC put the franchise tag on Brandon Albert - he's off the market)

Cary Williams - CB - Baltimore

Louis Vasquez - G - San Diego

Paul Kruger - OLB - Baltimore

I know they can't go after all these guys, but I'd be happy if one or two of them had a buffalo on their helmets next season.

Then they can use the draft for QB, WR, TE, and probably S .

GO BILLS!

Edited by merlin

My attempt at coming up with a semi realistic FA wishlist:

WR: Brandon Gibson (he's 25 years old, and the beginning of his career was marred by injuries....had somewhat of a breaout season last year.

S: Laron Landry (Still young at 28, and would bring an immediate "toughness" to our secondary. His connection with Pettine couldn't hurt.)

LB: Larry Grant (49ers LB who played in the shadows of Patrick Willis. He played really well when Willis was injured in 2011.)

CB: Sean Smith (Young, Big corner who would fit in nicely with Pettine's scheme.)

you do realize there are 31 other teams in the league, most being in a better position with upside than the Bills....

My advice, make a new list and start from the bottom of the FA talent pool

I think merlin does know that. Which is why this is called a wish list.

you do realize there are 31 other teams in the league, most being in a better position with upside than the Bills....

My advice, make a new list and start from the bottom of the FA talent pool

Exactly, the Top NFL free agents will never, ever sign with the BIlls.

Signed,

Mario WIlliams

Cliff Avril - DE/OLB - Detroit lions

Brandon Albert - OT - Kansas City

Cary Williams - CB - Baltimore

Louis Vasquez - G - San Diego

Paul Kruger - OLB - Baltimore

I know they can't go after all these guys, but I'd be happy if one or two of them had a buffalo on their helmets next season.

Then they can use the draft for QB, WR, TE, and probably S .

GO BILLS!

I'm skeptical that the Bills will actually go after any of those guys seriously, but especially doubtful about Avril/Kruger/Albert.

I like that you suggest we still need OT help, because I agree to some extent. However with Glenn looking solid, and a servicble group of options at RT (Hairston, Pears, Sanders?), I doubt the Bills will be looking at top options there.

At CB, it depends on if we resign McKelvin, who Nix has said he wants to start (could be bs). If we don't sign him, Williams could be an option.

I don't know much about Vasquez, other than the fact that the SD oline as a whole looked pretty damn bad last year. But if we don't sign Levitre, we will need one.

Personally I think the Bills biggest needs are LB (ILB for a 3-4, all of them if they stick with a 4-3), WR, and SS.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I wouldn't exclude LB Bart Scott out of the mix. Pettine will want him because he's familar with the defense.

I agree, he's older now but he would fill a big need for us if we do go to a mostly 3-4 D. Plus he would help with the transition. He should come cheap too, although I wonder if the Ravens will also show some interest, seeing as they have some holes themselves.

if the Titans end up letting TE/WR Jared Cook hit free agency, i'd love to take a look at him.

Delane Walker tight end from the 49ers is on the bills radar but Cook would be sweet but too much money unless we can get him for 4 million a year !