Steve Johnson lobbying potential free agents

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Bills sign no FAs until June and they actually keep and play their own draft choices. Cutting Tank Carder and Mark Asper last year was UNACCEPTABLE.

Now people want to invest highly in a WR when the Bills just spent a 3rd on a WR. It's just no way to do business.

I hope the Bills sign no FAs until June and they actually keep and play their own draft choices. Cutting Tank Carder and Mark Asper last year was UNACCEPTABLE.

Now people want to invest highly in a WR when the Bills just spent a 3rd on a WR. It's just no way to do business.

Sarcasm?

Seems to me that Stevie wouldn't be doing this if these guys weren't actually on the radar of the Bills. Right?

That said, it could go either way. You don't exactly want to kill your negotiating power by begging for guys to sign with the Bills. I think until they get good, it will always be a tough sell and they will probably have to overpay regardless.

I miss the days when the fans could win over a guy like Takeo Spikes. If there is any player in Bills history that I am more sad for, I can't think of one.

Sarcasm?

Seems to me that Stevie wouldn't be doing this if these guys weren't actually on the radar of the Bills. Right?

That said, it could go either way. You don't exactly want to kill your negotiating power by begging for guys to sign with the Bills. I think until they get good, it will always be a tough sell and they will probably have to overpay regardless.

I miss the days when the fans could win over a guy like Takeo Spikes. If there is any player in Bills history that I am more sad for, I can't think of one.

I'm actually serious. What's the use of having a 5th rounder or a 6th rounder just to cut them, especially when you have needs at those positions AND said cut players are on other NFL rosters. Mark Asper might be the Tom Brady of OGs for all we know, but we cut him to keep Collin Brown or some other FA junk. What junk did we keep at LB instead of taking a good look at Carder. Maybe they suck, but we'll never know.