Damontre Moore - DE - Texas A&M

"However, Moore’s early showing at the combine has been less than spectacular and it is fair to wonder how far it could knock him down draft boards. It doesn’t make sense to overreact to combine testing considering it is but one part of an overall picture by which prospects should be evaluated, but red flags are concerning and warrant closer scrutiny. A big red flag went up concerning Moore today as the defensive linemen did their bench press reps.

Damontre Moore had 12 reps on the bench press."

http://sidelionrepor...in-bench-press/

don't know but it shouldn't make that huge of a difference, it just shows plain laziness to me.

I think it can make a difference. Long way up, Long way down. That's not an excuse for his chitty performance, but bench may not be the best position for him to show his strength. I played H.S. football with a kid who SUCKED on the bench, but he could still toss a grown man accross a room. Lazy? -Poor work ethic? Not sure I agree with all that.

Edited by #34fan

don't know but it shouldn't make that huge of a difference, it just shows plain laziness to me.

I think you are assuming. you might be correct, but thats an unusual count for a DE. Maybe he tightened up or felt his pec stress and backed it down.

always more to the picture than meets the eye.

But you are after all a Barbarian and how you wield an ax is really all that matters to a warrior.

I do wonder what the NFL prospective teams made of this though .

Edited by 3rdand12

I think you are assuming. you might be correct, but thats an unusual count for a DE. Maybe he tightened up or felt his pec stress and backed it down.

always more to the picture than meets the eye.

But you are after all a Barbarian and how you wield an ax is really all that matters to a warrior.

I do wonder what the NFL prospective teams made of this though .

I'm am assuming as I don't know the man, but getting a text from ESPN they must have thought it was a story.

I do wield my Axe mightily and unless he was injured that number is unacceptable.

The bench isn't the truest measure of a players strength but more importantly it shows that he is not serious about his craft.

I think it can make a difference. Long way up, Long way down. That's not an excuse for his chitty performance, but bench may not be the best position for him to show his strength. I played H.S. football with a kid who SUCKED on the bench, but he could still toss a grown man accross a room. Lazy? -Poor work ethic? Not sure I agree with all that.

I fond it hard to believe an elite athlete would such a deficiency, and unless there is a plausible reason he simply didn't put in the work.

I'm am assuming as I don't know the man, but getting a text from ESPN they must have thought it was a story.

I do wield my Axe mightily and unless he was injured that number is unacceptable.

The bench isn't the truest measure of a players strength but more importantly it shows that he is not serious about his craft.

I fond it hard to believe an elite athlete would such a deficiency, and unless there is a plausible reason he simply didn't put in the work.

It is well documented that longer arms are actually a detriment for bench pressing. Its not necessarily because of the distance you have to go up/down, as much as the odd angles that occur because of the length of the arms. IIRC, someone with long arms needs to take a wider grip or essentially bury their elbows to bring the bar down to pec level. Either way, it creates more stress on your shoulder muscles and joint as opposed to pec strength.

That being said, even with longer arms, you would like to see a DE pull off at least 17 or 18 reps.

Unfortunately, Moore needs a mentor to watch over him. His first couple of years at A&M were inconsistent. Kevin Sumlin made a huge difference in his work ethic, along with A&M's strength coach this year. Now that Moore is not working with the team, it sounds as though he's had a relapse back to being inconsistent.

It is well documented that longer arms are actually a detriment for bench pressing. Its not necessarily because of the distance you have to go up/down, as much as the odd angles that occur because of the length of the arms. IIRC, someone with long arms needs to take a wider grip or essentially bury their elbows to bring the bar down to pec level. Either way, it creates more stress on your shoulder muscles and joint as opposed to pec strength.

That being said, even with longer arms, you would like to see a DE pull off at least 17 or 18 reps.

Or just go off like Margus Hunt did.