Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia

JPS

I'm not seeing anywhere where he's been injured during his career where he scored 35 TDs. Welker's the same size, and while he's not been immune to injury, he's played enough to push 10000 yds. He's not Roscoe Parrish. Look, he's not even my first choice, but I'm just getting tired of these facile arguments based on attributes and not performance or facts.

Parrish was healthy in college too...

That is an interesting point you bring up.

So I looked up his stats against top competition.

Texas, Oklahoma, Ok state and Texas Tech.

Good teams right?

35 receptions for 360 yards and 2 TDs

and 364 yards Rushing on 26 carries with 2 TD's.

The year before he had 11 receptions for 187 yards vs LSU

So at least we know that against the very best, he was a gamer.

During a 5 game losing streak, Austin averaged 10 YPC or less.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it not be catastrophic / tragic if the Bills drafted another Roscoe Parrish-type dude with a number one pick? You know. the type of player with the durability of a Buffalo School Board President?

Don't care if they take Austin, but he's never missed a game in College or High School.

During a 5 game losing streak, Austin averaged 10 YPC or less.

Ok, so an average of 8 receptions a game at a little less than 10 YPC with over 370 yards rushing at 13 yard per Rush attempt during that time span not good numbers?

Ok, so an average of 8 receptions a game at a little less than 10 YPC with over 370 yards rushing at 13 yard per Rush attempt during that time span not good numbers?

You're counting on rushing yards from a 170 lb WR?

I wonder if the Bills' ideal scenario would be Austin at 8 and Barkley at 41. I don't think that it will happen, but Barkley's playing style and Austin's run after catch appear to be a good match.

EDIT: not saying i like this idea

Edited by NickelCity

I wonder if the Bills' ideal scenario would be Austin at 8 and Barkley at 41. I don't think that it will happen, but Barkley's playing style and Austin's run after catch appear to be a good match.

EDIT: not saying i like this idea

Don Banks of SI.com has the Bills taking Austin @ 8 and subsequently trading back into the 1st round with the Vikings to take Barkley @ 25.

Don Banks of SI.com has the Bills taking Austin @ 8 and subsequently trading back into the 1st round with the Vikings to take Barkley @ 25.

I'm skeptical of the small size, but the production is there, as well as the elite speed, and maybe he would end up being what we hoped for out of Roscoe. I'm a little wary of him at #8, but getting him and Barkley wouldn't ruin my day.

Would you prefer I point out the ridiculous logic of taking one fluke game in a guy's entire college career and thinking that is going to translate into the NFL?

At least that would of made a better argument than "Oh. What week is Oklahoma on the schedule?"

:lol:

I would not be too thrilled with that Draft...I don't want Austin at #8, I don't want to give up additional picks, and I'm not crazy about Barkley as the QB choice...So...Not digging this prediction at all... :thumbdown:

I would not be too thrilled with that Draft...I don't want Austin at #8, I don't want to give up additional picks, and I'm not crazy about Barkley as the QB choice...So...Not digging this prediction at all... :thumbdown:

I cannot see the Bills actually taking Austin either. Doesn't make sense to me. I'm a trade down advocate.