A Glimmer of Hope, the Bills Still not committed to keeping Fitz on th

BuffBill

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets cut, my guess is it will be in mid june, which would soften the cap blow a bit by spreading his bonus into 2014 cap.

No, I think if he gets cut it will be in the next few weeks before they have to pay him his roster bonus which is about half of what he would make this year.

No, I think if he gets cut it will be in the next few weeks before they have to pay him his roster bonus which is about half of what he would make this year.

Nope. He won't be cut til the Bills have a stone cold lock at qb. And right now it aint Jax and it aint Corp. They'll swallow the $3m. They aint gonna take a 10m cap hit this year and then have to pay some journeyman qb $5-6m just to hold the fort for a season. Plus not having fitz going into fa and the draft leaves the bills holding no cards.

They don't know what to do.

I know they can do worse, but I'm not watching Fitz.

Even if it's a 7th Rd. rookie, I can at least fool myself into thinking he might get better.

That tends to happen when people paint themselves into corners.

why would they? they are hoping to get him to restructure and be one of the competitors for the job. it would be stupid to commit anything to him until he agrees to restructure. and its smart to try and keep him in the mix bc its going to cost far more to release him just to pay another 3-4 mil to get someone at his level

ive already told you whats gonna happen - fitz redoes his deal, wins the job to start the season, makes way for a tjax trial when the team is dropping games like darcy dropping lindys, and finally the rookie they drafted will finish out the string in yet another lost season

deal wid it

This cut Fitz stuff is getting real old.... It makes no sense to cut him with the cap numbers and we all know it.... The last couple of years he has been a 15- 20th QB in the league on a crap team with bad coaching and a poor WR corps leave the guy alone until a better option is available. No one has any faith in any of the QBs in the draft, and no free agents that are an improvement will be available.

This cut Fitz stuff is getting real old.... It makes no sense to cut him with the cap numbers and we all know it.... The last couple of years he has been a 15- 20th QB in the league on a crap team with bad coaching and a poor WR corps leave the guy alone until a better option is available. No one has any faith in any of the QBs in the draft, and no free agents that are an improvement will be available.

Well stated and spot on. At least it appears there are a handful of 'wallers' that actually use sound logic and sanity rather than pure unbridled emmotion when opining.

"Next Question," is how the "journalist" paraphrased Russ Brandon's comments. It's not what Russ Brandon said. What Russ Brandon said is,

"The main thing there is we're continuing to evaluate, and that's more in line with how Buddy and Doug come out on that," Brandon said. "We're looking at everything and evaluating every aspect of the organization. "I'm evaluating the organization from top to bottom. Those guys are evaluating the roster. We'll see where that goes."

That is what every GM without a clearcut starter says at this juncture.

Something out of nothing, here, in my opinion.

Well stated and spot on. At least it appears there are a handful of 'wallers' that actually use sound logic and sanity rather than pure unbridled emmotion when opining.

The only divergence I'd give is I think we have a guy that's pretty interchangeable on the roster in tjax, and doing it now would save 10m actual cash, and avoid next years cap hit

I don't particularly care either way. He's not the solution but cutting him doesn't solve much either.

I know the exact opposite.

If Fitz is not restructured, it makes no sense to not cut him.

If we keep him we hit with a 10.45M cap number. Most know by now that we will have a 10M cap hit even if we cut him.....but if we keep him we will be in a very similar situation next year. In 2014 he will count 10.55M against the cap.....and 7.55M even if cut.

I understand the concept that he likely will better than anybody else we can find......but the drop-off between Fitz and whomever replaces him(Jackson, rookie) would not be great....in other words, who cares if we win 4 instead of 6 games.

Keeping him isn't anywhere close to being worth 2 years of cap crap for the team

I think it's sane and logical to expect that there are guys in this draft that will be better than Fitz. It's up to the Bills to find one of them.

It makes no sense to cut him with the cap numbers and we all know it....

You're right that it doesn't make sense to cut him with respect to his cap numbers. None whatsoever. But it makes financial sense to cut him (we save $7.4MM by cutting him before March 12th). Now what do you think is more important to the front office, cap space or the bottom line? Do I have to remind you well sell a game to Toronto?

Edited by QCity

"Next Question," is how the "journalist" paraphrased Russ Brandon's comments. It's not what Russ Brandon said. What Russ Brandon said is,

"The main thing there is we're continuing to evaluate, and that's more in line with how Buddy and Doug come out on that," Brandon said. "We're looking at everything and evaluating every aspect of the organization. "I'm evaluating the organization from top to bottom. Those guys are evaluating the roster. We'll see where that goes."

Translation: Obviously we're trying to renegotiate Fitz's contract right now, it's the best possible move we can make since a cap hit would be brutal, but in the meantime I need to stall you guys in the media by saying we're still evaluating.