Looking forward to this years Wonderlic Results

Virgil

Usually, I don't pay the much attention to the results as the top qb's are already pretty much decided. However, this year there seems to be a large muddled mess of talent.

More specifically, I really want to see what Geno Smith gets. I have a feeling he's going to score under a 10. I can't remember a qb who had the arm talent he has, dominated everyone he played to start the season, and then just completely level out. I can only guess that he was a one read qb in a certain scheme that everyone else eventually figured out. Also, I've read random reports about his poor interview skills and overall lack of comprehension. Maybe I'm wrong, but things are just strange with this kid.

On the other side of the spectrum, you have guys out there who have all of the physical tools, but have excuses tied to them such as a poor surrounding cast, played in a poor conference, etc. So for Glennon, Nassib, and Wilson, I would be curious to see what their comprehension level is.

Listen, I know this test isn't the end all be all, but it does show some indicators. In this mess of a qb crop, every little bit helps

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/sports/ncaafootball/geno-smith-and-the-art-of-football-at-west-virginia.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"A visionary, he was called. After taking an intelligence test, he was labeled gifted. If his mother wished, Smith could have skipped a grade. She decided against it, preferring he mature with his peers — a notion that did not go as planned, considering Smith often grew bored after finishing his schoolwork faster than most of his classmates."

Not all positive, but actually a really interesting read on him...

also, i havent seen this discussed here, but the nfl is working on a supplement to the wonderlic so two tests will be given this year.

Usually, I don't pay the much attention to the results as the top qb's are already pretty much decided. However, this year there seems to be a large muddled mess of talent.

More specifically, I really want to see what Geno Smith gets. I have a feeling he's going to score under a 10. I can't remember a qb who had the arm talent he has, dominated everyone he played to start the season, and then just completely level out. I can only guess that he was a one read qb in a certain scheme that everyone else eventually figured out. Also, I've read random reports about his poor interview skills and overall lack of comprehension. Maybe I'm wrong, but things are just strange with this kid.

On the other side of the spectrum, you have guys out there who have all of the physical tools, but have excuses tied to them such as a poor surrounding cast, played in a poor conference, etc. So for Glennon, Nassib, and Wilson, I would be curious to see what their comprehension level is.

Listen, I know this test isn't the end all be all, but it does show some indicators. In this mess of a qb crop, every little bit helps

I'm not sure what you've read but I understood him to be a perfectionist and that he's a film rat. His coach said "he studies more film than Roger Ebert."

Funny that you posted this.

The Wonderlic means less now than it ever has before. The reason is because among the 300+ draft eligible players, some have agents who have supplied them with practice tests and some don't.

As a result you have cases where the person with the higher aptitude scores lower on the exam than someone with a lower aptitude.

Because of this, many consider the Wonderlic scores to not be a reliable measure of a player's aptitude.

The Wonderlic will be augmented with a second aptitude test this year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139911/article/wonderlic-to-be-supplemented-by-new-aptitude-test

Funny that you posted this.

The Wonderlic means less now than it ever has before. The reason is because among the 300+ draft eligible players, some have agents who have supplied them with practice tests and some don't.

As a result you have cases where the person with the higher aptitude scores lower on the exam than someone with a lower aptitude.

Because of this, many consider the Wonderlic scores to not be a reliable measure of a player's aptitude.

The Wonderlic will be augmented with a second aptitude test this year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139911/article/wonderlic-to-be-supplemented-by-new-aptitude-test

any agent that doesnt atleast give a sample beforehand would be pretty quickly off my team... i know its not the end all be all test, but to not atleast have a once over with it is crazy. and i dont doubt it happens.

I saw that about the second test and am happy that they are doing it.

As for people taking practice tests, I'm sure that's true. However, I can't see where it helps as many still tank it

thats like saying practice tests dont help on any number of standardized exams because people still tank them.

prep for a standardized test will always help.

I saw that about the second test and am happy that they are doing it.

As for people taking practice tests, I'm sure that's true. However, I can't see where it helps as many still tank it

You're right and that's what the teams are looking at is people who just blow the exam because it shows that studying or not, these people don't have the aptitude that they're measuring for.

Of course that shouldn't be confused with the idea that people who score poorly can't play football either as numerous great QBs in league history scored in the mid teens on the Wonderlic.

And then of course you have Fitz who scored nearly perfectly on the Wonderlic.

As any scout would tell you, it's just another evaluation tool.

With regards to QBs the NFL prefers higher scores and traditionally QBs and O-linemen score the highest by position.

any agent that doesnt atleast give a sample beforehand would be pretty quickly off my team... i know its not the end all be all test, but to not atleast have a once over with it is crazy. and i dont doubt it happens.

thats like saying practice tests dont help on any number of standardized exams because people still tank them.

prep for a standardized test will always help.

I wonder if the NFL clubs know which agents supply practice exams to their clients.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyQgTLi54Ic

He seems like a smart enough guy, just with an average case of the "umms" and "ya knows". My understanding is that he's considered intelligent and thoughtful.

Well I like his demeanor and the way he carries himself.

There's probably a little bit of false modesty in there but that's no problem because these guys have to be filled with ego and bravado in order to be successful.

OP must me be racist, thinking the poor kid is dumb because hes black

terrible...

I bet he thinks Nassib will score off the charts on the test because hes white

Damm, you caught me

Edited by Derek in Va

OP must me be racist, thinking the poor kid is dumb because hes black

terrible...

I bet he thinks Nassib will score off the charts on the test because hes white

Nassib is white !

What t f.

Well i gotta redo my mock again.

Thanks alot

And yet here you are....again

I watch car crashes too.

You seem to be bent on dismissing Geno because he might have an unacceptably low Wonderlic. But fear not, meatheads like Jim Kelly and Marino made it into the HOF with 15's.....

And it's "year's".

Edited by Mr. WEO