Oscar Pitorius (Bionic Leg Olympic Sprinter) charged with murder

The Poojer

how strange, hopefully it isn't that she surprised him on valentines day like some are reporting, but they also say this isn't the first time police have been called to the residence....very strange...

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/oscar-pistorius-blade-runner-charged-with-murder-shooting-death-girfriend-reeva-steenkamp-021413

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terribly sad. Sounds like a history of domestic abuse here. Ladies (if you're out there) if a guy lays so much as a hand on you, please get out of that house and don't look back. Gather the kids in the night if you have to. Otherwise, you risk being another headline.

As for Pistorius, I have to admit that I got caught up in the inspirational story during the Olympics. Just goes to show we don't know these guys like we pretend to.

And oh for the love of irony...

http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/commons/nike5.jpg

story doesn't seem to be checking out for Pistorius...............police are baffled how the girl scaled 10 foot wall and electric fence to "surprise" him.

sounds like it's up in the air.......the domestic issues surely can't help. makes me sick 2 million from Nike and your gonna blow it.....blade runners gonna be tossed around the prison yard soon enough it seems.

Yea - does not sound like his defense will fly. police called to the home for a fight that night, he lives in a gated compound with several layers of security, and she was shot through the bathroom door....

but apparently hes thinking the "she snuck into the gated, secure community scaled the wall to my house, made it past the barbed wire and into the actual house where she was hiding in the bathroom just two hours after neighbors called the police for a fight because she wanted to surprise me for valentines" defense will work.

http://deadspin.com/5984511/reports-police-were-called-to-oscar-pistoriuss-house-hours-before-the-shooting-reeva-steenkamp-was-shot-through-the-bathroom-door

Same here. Glad he won't be cheating his way to any more Olympics.

Seriously. How, in anyone's mind, was it ever fair to allow someone with blades (which won't break, have no muscle or tendons, will never cramp, and don't need to stretched properly prior to use) to compete against runners with actual calves and feet?

Yea - does not sound like his defense will fly. police called to the home for a fight that night, he lives in a gated compound with several layers of security, and she was shot through the bathroom door....

but apparently hes thinking the "she snuck into the gated, secure community scaled the wall to my house, made it past the barbed wire and into the actual house where she was hiding in the bathroom just two hours after neighbors called the police for a fight because she wanted to surprise me for valentines" defense will work.

http://deadspin.com/...e-bathroom-door

That was the genius of her surprise!

Seriously. How, in anyone's mind, was it ever fair to allow someone with blades (which won't break, have no muscle or tendons, will never cramp, and don't need to stretched properly prior to use) to compete against runners with actual calves and feet?

I never thought of it that way but you have a point.

Also saw something about this on the news this morning. They recovered a blood covered cricket bat. What is that about?

Edited by Fan in San Diego

Terribly sad. Sounds like a history of domestic abuse here. Ladies (if you're out there) if a guy lays so much as a hand on you, please get out of that house and don't look back. Gather the kids in the night if you have to. Otherwise, you risk being another headline.

As for Pistorius, I have to admit that I got caught up in the inspirational story during the Olympics. Just goes to show we don't know these guys like we pretend to.

And oh for the love of irony...

http://www.ibelievei...mmons/nike5.jpg

These reactions bother me. Having a daughter, this is a subject that greatly concerns me, particularly in regards to a future time where she may be in this situation and I've since checked out of this world and am unable to put a gun in his mouth and see to it that he understands reason. But it seems that too often with this topic (like EVERY controversial topic), in an ill-advised but well intentioned attempt, we throw the whole spectrum into the same bucket, put the same label on it, and rubber stamp anything that could be labelled "domestic violence".

A lot of overzealous prosecutors do a lot of damage with these cases. When we start blurring the line between a guy that balls up his fist and drills a girl in the face, and a guy who shoves a raving lunatic on the couch because she's up in his face screaming and physically imposing her presence on him, we've not made a step in the right direction.

Edited by Rob's House

These reactions bother me. Having a daughter, this is a subject that greatly concerns me, particularly in regards to a future time where she may be in this situation and I've since checked out of this world and am unable to put a gun in his mouth and see to it that he understands reason. But it seems that too often with this topic (like EVERY controversial topic), in an ill-advised but well intentioned attempt, we throw the whole spectrum into the same bucket, put the same label on it, and rubber stamp anything that could be labelled "domestic violence".

A lot of overzealous prosecutors do a lot of damage with these cases. When we start blurring the line between a guy that balls up his fist and drills a girl in the face, and a guy who shoves a raving lunatic on the couch because she's up in his face screaming and physically imposing her presence on him, we've not made a step in the right direction.

As a father of a daughter as well. I share your future concerns as well. I have raised her to have as much self respect as humanly possible, so hopefully if anyone is disrespectful to her she will have enough self respect to leave asap.

Well said. The "lays so much as a hand on them" was hyperbole on my part. I'll amend my previous statement: Any person who feels that their spouse or partner is a threat to their safety should get out of there. Sticking around out of fear or misplaced loyalty is bad news.