Byrd on the TV show Cross Over tonight

GoBills!

NBC sports is making a bigger push to compete with ESPN with all these shows they added in the past year... sadly, they are still worse than ESPN, and that is saying something, because ESPN is pretty much garbage. PFT is pretty weak when the 2 people that do most of the talking are basically lawyers. Florio used to have "insider" info back in the day, but his sources seemed to have dried up. He seems a step behind getting the news now. I remember like 6 years ago he used to have everyone beat by a good 30- 60 minutes for free agent signings.

And that said, the crossover bores me to tears. Beadle is nice to look at though.

I saw a segment on NFL Channel tonight about free agents. One of the experts said Byrd is the best player in FA. He said he might be the best safety in the NFL.

Gosh I hope we can re sign this stud.

It's really not an issue. The franchise tag number for safeties is under $7M per so they could tag him and work on an extension. Byrd ain't going nowhere.

NBC sports is making a bigger push to compete with ESPN with all these shows they added in the past year... sadly, they are still worse than ESPN, and that is saying something, because ESPN is pretty much garbage. PFT is pretty weak when the 2 people that do most of the talking are basically lawyers. Florio used to have "insider" info back in the day, but his sources seemed to have dried up. He seems a step behind getting the news now. I remember like 6 years ago he used to have everyone beat by a good 30- 60 minutes for free agent signings.

And that said, the crossover bores me to tears. Beadle is nice to look at though.

It's crazy--I used to watch ESPN all the time. I could watch Sportscenter over and over no problem. And if the Bills actually had some solid highlights, I'd tune in multiple times.

It's been a few years now--but I almost cannot even stomach ESPN anymore, including all the shows like PTI, Around the Horn, etc. But Sportscenter gets me every time. I personally think it has a lot to do the explosion of social media and incorporating it into sports and tv. I just can't stand it. Also, the anchors have gotten so smug in their attempts to always make pithy remarks and it's as though Sportscenter has lost its touch with actual sports, but is now just another entertainment broadcast like you'd find on the E network or something like that.

It made my decision to get rid of cable at $75/month and go to Netflix at $8/month a much easier one.

I saw a segment on NFL Channel tonight about free agents. One of the experts said Byrd is the best player in FA. He said he might be the best safety in the NFL.

Gosh I hope we can re sign this stud.

I think that title still belongs to Ed Reed and/or Polamalu..albeit both are injured for a good part of the season

I think that title still belongs to Ed Reed and/or Polamalu..albeit both are injured for a good part of the season

They were the best in their primes. Still good now, but current tops in the league? No.

I think that players who used to be the best tend to get that recognition long beyond when they have been supplanted. Not always true, but it happens a lot. It's just how peoples' minds work.