BREAKING: Bills release Nick Barnett

SBUffalo

I was told I'll be released today by the Buffalo Bills. Thanks to all the great Fans and friends I have met in Western New York.. It was Truly a pleasure being apart of that organization and culture.. Very unfortunate we didn't get the Bills to the playoffs but I know you You guys will have many successful years ahead of you. Thanks#billsmafia for all your support.. Sad to leave but like they say when one door closes more open up.. All in Gods hands..

Edited by DStebb716

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@NickBarnett

I was told I'll be released today by the Buffalo Bills. Thanks to all the great Fans and friends I have met in Western New York.. It was

NickBarnett@NickBarnett

Truly a pleasure being apart of that organization and culture.. Very unfortunate we didn't get the Bills to the playoffs but I know you

@NickBarnett

You guys will have many successful years ahead of you. Thanks #billsmafia for all your support.. Sad to leave but like they say when one

@NickBarnett

One door closes more open up.. All in Gods hands..

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Not a surprise to me

I thought his play dropped off after a good first year with us.

Now I think they have to go LB in the first round if this is true.

Had slowed down from the previous year and just wasn't effective anymore. Great guy though.

All the best to him.

Past his prime, obviously, and did not have a good year at all last year. But the release makes a major problem spot a seriously bigger problem. Pettine, I assume, has some former Jets and players he knows around the league to bring in.

I like Bradham a lot, and think he is going to be a very good player, but it's rather astounding that there is an NFL team in Buffalo and that team does not really have one legitimate NFL linebacker on it right now.

Past his prime, obviously, and did not have a good year at all last year. But the release makes a major problem spot a seriously bigger problem. Pettine, I assume, has some former Jets and players he knows around the league to bring in.

I like Bradham a lot, and think he is going to be a very good player, but it's rather astounding that there is an NFL team in Buffalo and that team does not really have one legitimate NFL linebacker on it right now.

I agree.

BUT

It sounds like Pettine's defenses have always been DB heavy in the first place. How often will we run sets that require more than two linebackers?

Plus, I'm sure we'll snake some guys in FA that can be stop-gaps.

Oh boy...them's fightin' words...lol...this thread will take off in another direction now.

Only one other person who even rivaled his bleak incompetence: Aaron Williams

But AW is 10 years younger, and played in a defense that relied on the players upfront to make his job easier. Not giving him a free pass, but that's the opposite of what ended up happening.

Wow, serious housecleaning goin on at OBD. This is kind of a surprise to me but it seems the new FO and coaches could care less who is a solid citizen or friendly guy...they want some football players. I like the way this is panning out.

Next player to be released is???

I agree.

BUT

It sounds like Pettine's defenses have always been DB heavy in the first place. How often will we run sets that require more than two linebackers?

Plus, I'm sure we'll snake some guys in FA that can be stop-gaps.

Only one other person who even rivaled his bleak incompetence: Aaron Williams

But AW is 10 years younger, and played in a defense that relied on the players upfront to make his job easier. Not giving him a free pass, but that's the opposite of what ended up happening.

That's who I was thinking of.