sucking up to boss

frogger

So recently I've had the responsibility of training the beautiful, blonde 24 year old daughter of the owner of the multi million dollar company I work for. What I'd like to do is write a letter to her father expressing what a trill it was for me to be given such a privilege. Prior to this I thought I was just one of over a thousand employees. I'm asking for advise in writing this letter. How to I remind him of my existence and tell him his daughter did great. Thanks

main thing is to use spell check...secondly is he on site with you? a nicely worded email would/should be significant...is she the only one you are training? if so, keep your 'letter' brief and to the point...he knows she is hot and you don't want to come off as someone trying to get into her pants. Use specifics as to why it was a thrill and any visions you see in her future endeavors....

thirdly....PICS?????

So recently I've had the responsibility of training the beautiful, blonde 24 year old daughter of the owner of the multi million dollar company I work for. What I'd like to do is write a letter to her father expressing what a trill it was for me to be given such a privilege. Prior to this I thought I was just one of over a thousand employees. I'm asking for advise in writing this letter. How to I remind him of my existence and tell him his daughter did great. Thanks

Sorry, I didn't read what I wrote and I'm using my phone to write (mistake). I train the majority of the new hires in central Florida, but of all of the trainers throughout the company (nationwide) I was selected.

The owner is in his eighties, would you hand write a letter?

yeah if he's in his 80's...just do it quick before they quit delivering mail completely...but again, be specific with your compliments...don't sound creepy

Sorry, I didn't read what I wrote and I'm using my phone to write (mistake). I train the majority of the new hires in central Florida, but of all of the trainers throughout the company (nationwide) I was selected.

The owner is in his eighties, would you hand write a letter?

What is your end game here?

Not sure if I actually have one, at this company I've found that being a friend to this family greatly increases your chances of moving up. I've been in this industry for 12+ years and have stalled, I'm using this as chance to remind them. While allowing him to feel a sense of pride that his daughter is held in high regard.

Not sure if I actually have one, at this company I've found that being a friend to this family greatly increases your chances of moving up. I've been in this industry for 12+ years and have stalled, I'm using this as chance to remind them. While allowing him to feel a sense of pride that his daughter is held in high regard.

Just be careful. Very fine line there between compliment and perv. You should ask poojer.

I'd say a simple "I know it's important to you to see your daughter succeed, and I wanted to pass on a quick note to let you know that she did a great job in the training program. It was a pleasure working with her - thank you for all the opportunities your company has given me." (With a bit more thought than the 10 seconds I just gave)

Edited by NoSaint

I'd say a simple "I know it's important to you to see your daughter succeed, and I wanted to pass on a quick note to let you know that she did a great job in the training program. It was a pleasure working with her - thank you for all the opportunities your company has given me." (With a bit more thought than the 10 seconds I just gave)

+1 very smooth

+1

You should consider taking this verbatim. Anything more and you'll come off as weird or a perv.

...plus a tasteful picture of your junk...

Would suggest editing or deleting the last line-- too close to perv line.

The problem here is the daughter is a hottie, so any note-- no matter how precise-- could be wrongly construed.

i didnt think it came off pervy but that was the part i thought could use the extra cleaning up which i didnt really feel like thinking about too much. it seemed like it might be a little clunky to me still. essentially just find a simple way to turn it from letting him know the daughter did well to something a little more about his own appreciation/"look at me" moment without going over the top.

also i thought the photo of the junk went without saying. obviously a yes.

Edited by NoSaint

If you're gonna be there a while, and the owner is already in his 80's, you might do better to have the daughter think you're a competent non-suckup. I'd suggest simply making sure that the daughter knows what kind of opportunities at the company you would find interesting in the future. Then again, I tend to be a little on the contrarian/rebellious side in a lot of things, so my 2 lira may not be worth much in a large corporate environment.

Regardless of how you play it, any comments the daughter makes to pappa about you are probably gonna carry more weight with him than anything you could write.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead