Besides an injury free game

stevestojan

I want to see Bledsoe lead the first team to a TD. I know he may only get one or two chances at it, but the "this is only preseason" talk needs to settle a bit, as the real deal will be one week away at that point. I want to see him throw to someone besides Moulds (mainly Evans). I am really starting to get worried that this offense is going to be as ineffective as last year. So, I really want them to show me someting this week.

Anyone else looking for anything in particular?

I want to see Bledsoe lead the first team to a TD. I know he may only get one or two chances at it, but the "this is only preseason" talk needs to settle a bit, as the real deal will be one week away at that point. I want to see him throw to someone besides Moulds (mainly Evans).  I am really starting to get worried that this offense is going to be as ineffective as last year. So, I really want them to show me someting this week.

Anyone else looking for anything in particular?

14542[/snapback]

I want to see the first team O-line play a LOT to get some cohesion and timing. I'd also like to see the first team "O" punch it into the endzone on a sustained (relatively) mistake free drive.

I want to see some holes in the running game. Overall I've been very unimpressed mwith the ouch up front and the running game hasn't looked great. I want to see them hold their own up front and for the backs to find the hole and get through.

Another thing i've been concerned with the lb's overrunning plays a bit so I'd be happy to see them have a solid game. Make some nice stops and plays in the backfield.

Other than that I agree with you as far as the passing game gettin it together.

I have this weird feeling that Mularkey is "saving" Evans for the regular season. In the games I've seen on replay, most of the time the QBs arent even looking at him, even though he has decent seperation from the CB. It makes me wonder whether or not Mularkey, who is known to do some wacky planning, is trying to keep Evans under wraps and unleash him on the Jags in the opening game.

You can't throw to somebody besides moulds if you DON'T HAVE ANYONE BESIDES MOULDS

14559[/snapback]

Hey Jay, are you saying that you wish Peerless Price was still on the Bills? I thought you were doing that in another thread?

:lol:

If Bledsoe doesn't get a TD on one of the first two possessions he's not going to get it period. I'd like to see it too, but if it doesn't happen I can't give it as much weight as going a half without a TD.

I think the practical thing I'd like to see is the Bills able to run and stop the run.

Man you can't be serious

14667[/snapback]

Shaw/Reed 2003 stats: 114 catches, 1320 yards, 6 TD.

Dunno, I thought he was being serious.... could be wrong, though....

estro and Tiger, you hit on something that hasn't gotten nearly enough airtime among all the "OL/backup QB/start-me-or-trade-me RBs" hysteria: in three out of three preseason games - and let's throw the scrimmage in there too, for good measure - the starting D has been allowing huge runs off cutback moves.

Browns: Suggs 50-yarder

Broncos: several good runs by Griffin, averaged almost 5ypc.

Titans: ditto for Brown. No, worse - averaged over 6ypc.

Colts: the Dominick Rhodes Show. Not as good an average as the other two, but still had a few 10+ yard runs.

Not liking that trend. No, not one bit.

You guys need to realize that preseason is as much for player evaluation as well as playbook evaluation....They run plays to see if they have the personnel to run dem....

It's not

3rd and 6 lets run this pass play cause the way Bledsoe&Co. run it guarantees us a 1st down....

It's

3rd and 6...Lets run this play cause in Pitt with Buress/Ward in worked, let see if Moulds/Evans or Moulds/Reed can have the same success....

I'm more worried about Oline play then anything....I want dem to be in there working together for 3/4 series in this last preseason game...

1. O-Line

2. O-Line

3. O-Line

4. O-Line

5. O-Line

Other than than I'll be happy with no injuries. I think we need the first team line to play significant minutes together this game. They need to become a coordinated unit, and that will take much more than this one game, but it is a start.

I would also like to see Evans rewarded for his hard work.

Morrman at 100%

Pressure on opposing QBs

Wire playing solidly at SS

No personal foul penalties, and few others (pass interference call for aggressive play is okay, but needs to be reigned in by the Jags)

Will we see Losman on the sidelines? I'd like to see him there talking to the coaches, mentally engaged.

On my unlikely, unwise, self-indulgent wish list, I'd like to see:

+Rashad Baker knock someone's helmet off with a clean hit

+Bledsoe run in a touchdown on a naked bootleg (or maybe do this against NE or Miami later)!

+End-around to Evans

I have seen Bledsoe throw the ball "too quick" a couple times, when there wasn't pressure and someone was getting open elsewhere. But, if he can't feel the pressue (or lack of it) he's doing the right thing throwig it quickly.