New gun control thread!

You gloriously stupid bastard. If you didn't actually exist, I'd create an account and post as you do, in order to create the perfect fool to argue against.

You are passionately arguing against a position you just admited you have no idea it is actually correct; which means you don't know the merits of your own argument.

um...it's irrelevant whether they do or don't. that's what i've been arguing from the start. but you actually do win. i quit on this. it's impossible to debate someone that is unable to reason.

um...it's irrelevant whether they do or don't. that's what i've been arguing from the start. but you actually do win. i quit on this. it's impossible to debate someone that is unable to reason.

No, you absolutely can. You just budgeon them with their obvious internal contradictions, poor reasoning, and bad logic until they've thoroughly embarrased themselves and run away. Sort of like what I just did to you.

He's just pissed he had to fire his gardener....

From the National Journal:

Hardly a bastion of right wing news.

Watching President Obama’s fury after Congress failed to pass any gun-control legislation was a sign of his political helplessness. Despite aggressively pushing for expanded background checks, despite enlisting the victims of recent gun violence to lobby their representatives, despite getting one of the more conservative senators to support a watered-down background-check measure, he fell five votes short of getting anything passed in the Senate, including losing four members from his own party.

If this doesn’t demonstrate the limitations of the president’s political muscle and the influence of his newly minted Organizing for Action lobbying group, I don’t know what does. Yet, despite the embarrassing setback, Obama nonetheless argued that he still held the upper hand, politically: “If this Congress refuses to listen to the American people and pass commonsense gun legislation, then the real impact is going to have to come from the voters.” That couldn’t misread the political environment heading into 2014 anymore. That’s the audacity of mope.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/columns/against-the-grain/how-obama-misread-the-politics-of-gun-control-20130418

show me where i described the nra as such.

I said that you were treating the NRA AS IF they were an activist branch of the republican party. look at all of your arguements....that's exactly what you've been doing. and as far as the NRA leadership is concerned, if their actions do not reflect the desire of a majority of the membership, then they will be replaced. you keep treating the NRA as if they were some type of loose cannon bent of thwarting any and all attempts by washington to successfully attain a society free of gun violence. if that's not your position, then consider restating your point.

ultimately, it's the bill of rights, not the NRA that is stopping the administration from implementing gun control.

WALTER RUSSELL MEAD: The Boston Manhunt and the MSM’s Gun Control Blind Spot.

We wrote about the MSM’s inability to grasp the politics that caused the gun control bill to fail in the Senate this week. The aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing illustrates the divide.

Millions of Americans listening to the bulletins on the developing manhunt were either glad they had guns in their homes or thought seriously about getting them. Yet for many professional journalists, and maybe especially those in the Acela corridor in the Northeast, this reaction is incomprehensible.

Put simply, millions of Americans don’t want to depend only on the police for protection. They think about the inevitable interval between calling 911 and the arrival of the cops, and they don’t want to wait helplessly for the good guys to arrive.
Events like this one reinforce deeply held public beliefs about the dangerous world we live in and the limits of the state’s ability to protect the people from the bad guys.

This may not strike enlightened and well credentialed Acela liberals as sensible or rational, but that’s not the point.

They talk about empathy and understanding for other cultures. But . . . .

Are you saying congress should be disarmed?

Didn't you mean "dis-banded"?....................................its a joke.

WaPo/ABC poll shows majority believes a gun makes a home safer

gunsafer.jpg

Many words have been written this week about why Barack Obama’s gun-control push failed, but this Washington Post/ABC poll may hold the real key to the puzzle. A majority of Americans see guns as a way to make homes safer rather than more dangerous, a big change over the last 13 years:

Lost amid the debate is the fact that for the first time a majority of Americans say having a gun in the household makes it a safer place to be, according to a
By a wide 51 to 29 percent margin, more people say a gun in the house makes it safer rather than more dangerous.

That’s a near complete reversal from a Gallup poll in 2000, when the public split 35 to 51 percent on whether guns make the home safer or more dangerous.

People with guns in their homes lead the way in touting the safety benefits: 75 percent say they make the house safer, compared with just 30 percent of those with no gun at home who say the same.

And not surprisingly, those beliefs have a big impact on gun-rights and gun-control views

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/20/wapoabc-poll-shows-majority-believe-a-gun-makes-a-home-safer/

But hey............lets just keep regurgitating that NRA/Money narrative, its way better than thinking.

Click on the imgur link I posted, I saw a thread on 4chan with a ton of pictures of kids, girls mostly, with some big guns.

WAdtWI4.jpg

I think I'll stay away from your links and keep my arrest record somewhat in the past. Anyway, all I said was that I like the pink, I didn't say anything about farmers who liked the stink and had a pet name for all of their animals.

Here's a question...

If we can't make laws about guns because criminals won't follow them, then why do we have laws against stealing?

Why is rape against the law when everyone knows rapists are just going to rape anyway?

Are you serious? We have laws against guns and stealing. You're in trouble if you break either one. Why is killing against the law when you know that killers are just going to kill anyway?

Are you serious? We have laws against guns and stealing. You're in trouble if you break either one. Why is killing against the law when you know that killers are just going to kill anyway?

I am serious. In the referenced B-Man meme, it says "Do you honestly expect criminals to obey gun control laws?" and calls such thinking a "special kind of stupid".

So why do we have laws against stealing? Why bother? Thieves are going to steal anyway, right?

Why is killing against the law when you know that killers are just going to kill anyway?

Good question. Why is it against the law if killers are just going to kill anyway?