Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A & M

4merper4mer

A lot of things have changed over the past few years in the NFL and some have stayed the same.

With regard to the Bills selection in this draft the factor that has been a constant is that you need strong QB to be able to consistently win.

There are two things that have changed. The first is becoming obvious as it relates to QBs: mobile QBs are no longer just a novelty. They are winning, Yes, there are some proven losers like Michael Vick out there that will probably be tempting in trade scenarios, but the real winners have been the young guys like RG3, Kapernick and Wilson. The Bills could have had two of these guys and failed but maybe they have learned. The other thing that has changed, and may seem unrelated is that the NFL has proven itself to be looking the other way when it comings to individuals and teams violating rules or "cheating".

Michael Vick got to play as soon as he got out of jail. Ray Lewis, at the very least, let two guys bleed to death and gets his very own NFL pedestal. That tight end from Seattle did those horrible things with no repercussions. These individuals and others prove that after an initial hazing period, the NFL either looks the other way, or rewards dirt bags. As for teams and coaches, the Patriots cheated harshly and still are the media darlings. The refs still give them every possible break despite their sissy kicking QB and their grouchy coach. More recently, the Saints who were caught on tape trying to hurt other players, took some punishment for a while but now are back in business as are all of the violating coaches including moron in chief Gregggggg Williams.

It is time the Bills stop playing Mr. Goodytwoshoes. When Goodell approaches the podium with the #8 card in his hand I hope to see a huge scowl on his face and hear him say.........

With the 8th selection of the 2013 draft, the Buffalo Bills select Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A & M.

This of course, will involve contacting Manziel ahead of time and having a contract already done before the NFL lawyers can stop it. It will involve paying him extra $$$$ beyond his already high value but everyone has a price. It will involve the organization keeping quiet before draft day. We already know from this board that they are pretty quiet with reporters so that is a good sign. I'm sure after the fact there will be punishment but as the Patriots, Lewis, Vick, the Saints and the Seattle loser prove, it will be weak. IMO we can either take the bull by the horns and select Manziel now or stink out loud for two years and take him then. I say now.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF?!?!?

You do realize he has to be eligible and declare for the draft right? And even if we could do this, he's still in the NCAA and can't receive any contract or have any money involved or he would be out of college football.

Not sure what the rule is, regarding a player that hasn't finished college in the NFL. But I know they have to be old enough to have 3 seasons in NCAA. Not sure how that would work with a walk on or something like that.

Either way, I hate the way the way the NFL is going to, but man, you need to get a grip.

We only need to stink for one year. He is eligible for the 2014 Draft.

I have no problem with the Bills showing us flashes of brilliance this year and then allowing the opposing team to win in the final minutes of play. I would gladly sacrifice one bad year of football to acquire Manziel. How much worse off would we be if we had the first pick vs. the 8th?? It will never happen, but a guy can dream.

A lot of things have changed over the past few years in the NFL and some have stayed the same.

With regard to the Bills selection in this draft the factor that has been a constant is that you need strong QB to be able to consistently win.

There are two things that have changed. The first is becoming obvious as it relates to QBs: mobile QBs are no longer just a novelty. They are winning, Yes, there are some proven losers like Michael Vick out there that will probably be tempting in trade scenarios, but the real winners have been the young guys like RG3, Kapernick and Wilson. The Bills could have had two of these guys and failed but maybe they have learned. The other thing that has changed, and may seem unrelated is that the NFL has proven itself to be looking the other way when it comings to individuals and teams violating rules or "cheating".

Michael Vick got to play as soon as he got out of jail. Ray Lewis, at the very least, let two guys bleed to death and gets his very own NFL pedestal. That tight end from Seattle did those horrible things with no repercussions. These individuals and others prove that after an initial hazing period, the NFL either looks the other way, or rewards dirt bags. As for teams and coaches, the Patriots cheated harshly and still are the media darlings. The refs still give them every possible break despite their sissy kicking QB and their grouchy coach. More recently, the Saints who were caught on tape trying to hurt other players, took some punishment for a while but now are back in business as are all of the violating coaches including moron in chief Gregggggg Williams.

It is time the Bills stop playing Mr. Goodytwoshoes. When Goodell approaches the podium with the #8 card in his hand I hope to see a huge scowl on his face and hear him say.........

With the 8th selection of the 2013 draft, the Buffalo Bills select Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A & M.

This of course, will involve contacting Manziel ahead of time and having a contract already done before the NFL lawyers can stop it. It will involve paying him extra $$$$ beyond his already high value but everyone has a price. It will involve the organization keeping quiet before draft day. We already know from this board that they are pretty quiet with reporters so that is a good sign. I'm sure after the fact there will be punishment but as the Patriots, Lewis, Vick, the Saints and the Seattle loser prove, it will be weak. IMO we can either take the bull by the horns and select Manziel now or stink out loud for two years and take him then. I say now.

Maybe football just isn't your area of expertise. Have You tried Hockey?

WTF?!?!?

You do realize he has to be eligible and declare for the draft right? And even if we could do this, he's still in the NCAA and can't receive any contract or have any money involved or he would be out of college football.

Not sure what the rule is, regarding a player that hasn't finished college in the NFL. But I know they have to be old enough to have 3 seasons in NCAA. Not sure how that would work with a walk on or something like that.

Either way, I hate the way the way the NFL is going to, but man, you need to get a grip.

This is the part you have to get past mentally. I admit I had to get past it too. I don't want the Bills to be considered cheaters but that is the way these days.

Manziel is over 18 and has the legal right to sign a contract. The Bills are a corporation and they are also able to sign a contract. If the NCAA and the NFL want to go to court, good luck with the contract already signed.

Maybe football just isn't your area of expertise. Have You tried Hockey?

I know the NHL signs guys and can send them back to juniors or college like the Sabres might do with Gorignak. I am not saying to do that; I am saying to sign him and play him right away.

This is the part you have to get past mentally. I admit I had to get past it too. I don't want the Bills to be considered cheaters but that is the way these days.

Manziel is over 18 and has the legal right to sign a contract. The Bills are a corporation and they are also able to sign a contract. If the NCAA and the NFL want to go to court, good luck with the contract already signed.

the NFL has rules about the age and or college experience needed to play in thier league.

And why would Manziel sign that contract? It would still have to be based on the rookie scale and there's no way he would do that. If he plays one more year of college, hell go #1 and get more money than the #8.

And honestly, I know the NFL is getting worse and worse, but we don't want to go down this road. Next season you'll have the Pats or some other team signing high schoolers, and freahmen in college. The draft will turn into signing guys for the future, not right now.

I hate to out it to you this way, but yiur idea is absolutely idiotic. You don't belong in this board with such stupid posts. That's all I've got for you.

you know Manziel might go before pick 8..................if your landmark "sue" comes to light still

I'm not following your sentence structure but I doubt he goes before 8. The teams willing to cheat always have a jump. It is possible one of the other 7 teams is thinking of this but whoever does it first has he element of surprise.

We only need to stink for one year. He is eligible for the 2014 Draft.

I have no problem with the Bills showing us flashes of brilliance this year and then allowing the opposing team to win in the final minutes of play. I would gladly sacrifice one bad year of football to acquire Manziel. How much worse off would we be if we had the first pick vs. the 8th?? It will never happen, but a guy can dream.

thats unless he sees the Bulls have the #1 pick and decides to stay in for his senior year. Making us stink it up 2 years in a row. Would then probably make Marrone lose his job, rehire a whole new coaching staff, start a rebuild yet again, have half out defense pushing over the age of 30 and becoming more injury prone and slower than molasses. Then we'd have the QB but have to rebuild the rest if the team. With a new coach then, I'd say it'll take 3 more years. Well have a competitive team by 2018 I'd say. Then the town and county would hate the fact that we suck, wouldn't have worked out a new contract, or stadium build and the Bills would belong to a new owner at the time, of course they would have been sold to some investor in CA and they would move the team at that point. No more Bills. The 4th year of that new coach, the first year away from Buffalo, they win the SuoerBowl. Make a big deal about how Buffalo was holding the team back and Al' Qeida finds that disturbing and blows up the Falls and anything near it, including Buffalo. Edited by mrags

the NFL has rules about the age and or college experience needed to play in thier league.

And why would Manziel sign that contract? It would still have to be based on the rookie scale and there's no way he would do that. If he plays one more year of college, hell go #1 and get more money than the #8.

And honestly, I know the NFL is getting worse and worse, but we don't want to go down this road. Next season you'll have the Pats or some other team signing high schoolers, and freahmen in college. The draft will turn into signing guys for the future, not right now.

I hate to out it to you this way, but yiur idea is absolutely idiotic. You don't belong in this board with such stupid posts. That's all I've got for you.

Lighten up on him. He's a former performer that is not only colorful, but waxes on about things in only the way that he could.

You do realize that as a franchisee in the NFL the Bills have a contract with the NFL to abide by their rules, including eligibility requirements, in order to remain in good standing in the league? If we did this, they would sue us in a heartbeat, we would lose before he saw a single minute on a practice field, and the Bills would be out the #8 overall pick (at a bare minimum) and probably a bunch more picks on top of that as punishment.

This is the worst idea I've heard in a long, long time....that is, except for draft Dysert in the first round.

thats unless he sees the Bulls have the #1 pick and decides to stay in for his senior year. Making us stink it up 2 years in a row. Would then probably make Marrone lose his job, rehire a whole new coaching staff, start a rebuild yet again, have half out defense pushing over the age of 30 and becoming more injury prone and slower than molasses. Then we'd have the QB but have to rebuild the rest if the team. With a new coach then, I'd say it'll take 3 more years. Well have a competitive team by 2018 I'd say. Then the town and county would hate the fact that we suck, wouldn't have worked out a new contract, or stadium build and the Bills would belong to a new owner at the time, of course they would have been sold to some investor in CA and they would move the team at that point. No more Bills. The 4th year of that new coach, the first year away from Buffalo, they win the SuoerBowl. Make a big deal about how Buffalo was holding the team back and Al' Qeida finds that disturbing and blows up the Falls and anything near it, including Buffalo.

LOL...your speech reminds me of this