• Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
    • Eric Fisher LOT Central Michigan
    • Star Lotulelei NT Utah
    • Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose Ryan Nassib for a combination of factors which all lead up to a very perverse reason:

1] I don't really have a strong opinion of him myself, so I don't want the Bills to take him because I think he will be great. I don't even have an opinion on that and I have an opinion on most everything. He doesn't have blatant deficiencies that would make him someone I didn't want at all, like being short, or having a weak arm, or not playing much, or one year wonder.

2] Unlike most fans, I think there is no way that Marrone and Hackett are going to go after him, or lobby so hard for him, just because he was their guy and they love the guy. Marrone and Hackett are betting their professional careers on whomever is the next QB of the Bills, for all intents and purposes. Unless they absolutely love him, genuinely predict he will be a star, and don't see anyone else that they think is better, they won't go after him. They can say all they want in the press about how much they like him, it doesn't mean a thing. They love him as a kid and he got them their jobs in the NFL and they wish him the very best and they hope he gets drafted high. That doesn't mean they believe he's great.

3] If the Bills do, however, draft him, that means that Marrone, Hackett, Nix AND probably Whaley all love the guy. Buddy is going to take the guy he likes. He'll have a lot of talks with Marrone and I'm sure he will give the coach a lot of weight, especially on Nassib, but if Nix and Whaley think Tyler Wilson is a better prospect than Nassib, the Bills are probably going to draft Tyler Wilson (this applies to any QB). Please don't say Nix is terrible at picking QBs so that's a bad thing, there are 33 threads for that.

4] And if the Bills do select Nassib, that means that Marrone and Hackett truly think he is going to be a star. And that his ascension is still going. As fans, we're already stuck with Marrone and Hackett. We HAVE to hope they know what they're doing, whether we like the guy they choose or not.So we have to bank on the fact that they're right. Otherwise we're going to be miserable for at least three more years.

So the best draft pick IMO is Ryan Nassib, and I hope they take him, even if I have no clue if he is going to be any good.

I surrender. I've added Star and Cordarelle (who DraftTek has as the 8th best WR in this draft) , and if the Bills choose the Tongan from the PAC, I'll eat a Bills hat.

If the bills choose Hankins, I'll eat a patriots hat. I was just saying that it makes no sense to add Hankins and not add Lotulelei, a guy projected to go anywhere 2-10. Does it?

Great post, Dog!

We find out a lot tomorrow about Nassib. To be honest, DraftTek had him going in RD6 (#173) before the Pinstripe Bowl, then climbing to RD5 (#141 ) after he and the Syracuse D showed up Geno Smith.

As much as the Bills need a QB and as much as I like Tyler Wilson, there are lot of defensive players out there who I think could help the Bills a lot, and would be tough to pass on.

So I voted for Barkevious Mingo. I like his size and I think he could be a presence as either a DE or OLB. Besides Mario, who else do the Bills have as a threat for our pass-rush?

I would really like the best player available in first rd. QB in second(Not named Glennon), and another QB in later rounds. Wonder if Dysert will slip? He is interesting to me with his size and ability to move. I would also be thrilled to grab Okafor at some point tho DE isn't an immediate need(but hey....can you ever have enough good players?)

As much as the Bills need a QB and as much as I like Tyler Wilson, there are lot of defensive players out there who I think could help the Bills a lot, and would be tough to pass on.

So I voted for Barkevious Mingo. I like his size and I think he could be a presence as either a DE or OLB. Besides Mario, who else do the Bills have as a threat for our pass-rush?

Hey Mark. How it going ? What do you think of Datone Jones as compared to Mingo. I think he's a beast and could be another Aldon Smith. What say you ?

I went with Wilson at 8. why? because he won't be there at 40 and right now he's neck n neck with Smith as the best QB in this Class. If we pass on Wilson at 8, then by the time our 2nd rd ppick comes around the run on QB's will have already started and chances are he's the first one off the board, which means we are stuck with a bum like Nassib, glennon, or a project guy later on. Simply put, even though it may be a bit of a reach, get your guy, despite the cost.

I remember this exact scenario playing out in 2004 with the Rivers, Roethlisberger, Losman draft. We were a day late and a Dollar short, and ended up with Losman due to Desperation. I would like to avoid this happening again.

Edited by CarolinaBill

Hey Mark. How it going ? What do you think of Datone Jones as compared to Mingo. I think he's a beast and could be another Aldon Smith. What say you ?

Good to hear from you Randy.

I like Jones' measurables, definitely a DE whereas Mingo would more likely be an OLB. I don't know if Jones could be like Aldon Smith, but I would not be against taking him.

Tyler Wilson, but I would also be happy with Ogletree or Fisher in this scenario. Te'o went #3 to Oakland? Absolutely no way that happens IMHO.

it is Oakland.

It's a no brainer. Star all day everyday, regardless of "need".

TE'o at 3? I usually like this astro, but the Te'o pick just makes this lame this year.

Saw two of Star's games and he didn't stand out to me, but maybe he did better in the other games.

Landry Jones is complete garbage. I'm glad to see most people on here have eyes and can see. The only eye test he passes is the test in which you looks at his numbers. Decent size. Good stats. Watch him play, especially in a big game, and you see what a bum he is. I hope buddy has his glasses on. If he's our guy, at least we'll be picking #1 sometime soon

Sadly I have come to this conclusion as well (although not complete garbage) he seems to be a system guy but he does have all the tools, maybe a late round flyer on him and maybe he can develop with good coaching.

I would really like the best player available in first rd. QB in second(Not named Glennon), and another QB in later rounds. Wonder if Dysert will slip? He is interesting to me with his size and ability to move. I would also be thrilled to grab Okafor at some point tho DE isn't an immediate need(but hey....can you ever have enough good players?)

I really like Okafor. Smart, sudden, and great hand use. He'd be the heir apparent for Mark Anderson should he be unable to stay on the field. Anderson has had more knee surgeries than sacks in the last year.

Dysert is RD4 on my board, so DE, QB, LB, QB, CB, WR would make the most sense if we took difference-making DE in the first.

Using DraftTek Simulator, that would be

1. Alex Okafor DE43 Texas
  2. Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
  3. Chase Thomas OLB34 Stanford
  4. Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH)
  5. Leon McFadden CB San Diego State
  6. Josh Boyce WRF TCU

This report was produced using Draft Tek's Draft Simulator: WWW.Drafttek.com.

Edited by Astrobot

I really like Okafor. Smart, sudden, and great hand use. He'd be the heir apparent for Mark Anderson should he be unable to stay on the field. Anderson has had more knee surgeries than sacks in the last year.

Dysert is RD4 on my board, so DE, QB, LB, QB, CB, WR would make the most sense if we took difference-making DE in the first.

Id be very pleased with that half of a draft!

Sadly I have come to this conclusion as well (although not complete garbage) he seems to be a system guy but he does have all the tools, maybe a late round flyer on him and maybe he can develop with good coaching.

You make a very insightful point. With qbs you can be very deceived when focusing on tools such as arm strength, size etc. Donahoe made the mistake of drafting Losman because he was enamored with his tools such as arm strength and mobility. But when it came to the real games he couldn't produce. Watching how a qb responds to pressure and is able to adjust to the second and third options is more revealing than watching him make throws at a combine and workout. My basic point is that watching the actual games is more useful than interpreting stats when assessing a qb.

Because of your early promotion of Landry Jones I watched him a few times this year. He certainly can throw the ball. But something was missing to his game. There wasn't a good flow ad rhythm to his game. He simply didn't pass the eye test, at least for me. In my view he is the type of prospect you would take in the third round and hope to coach him up for a few years.

If we go QB with our first i would like to see Tyler Wilson but given the obvious i don't think that will come to pass (no pun intended) And given the desperation factor this year for teams like the Bills, KC, & others it is driving the QB's higher not solely based on the individuals skill set but need.

I would love to see us dump Anderson & his contract given what he was not able to do before he got hurt last year & pick up a DE Alex Okafore or a top notch WR MAYBE at 8 then in the second be able to get a QB, then later on if a Tyler Bray is still hangin around pick up a second QB.

It can't hurt seeing as we have not gotten one in a few years...

This report was produced using Draft Tek's Draft Simulator: WWW.Drafttek.com.

I could live with that !!!!

In my mind the debate between pass rusher vs run stuffer is non-existent.

Pass rusher every time for me.

However I don't know much about Okafor and we don't know too much about what the Bills D will look like.

One thing I'll guess is that if the Bills have a choice between a classic rushbacker type or more of a 4-3 pass rushing end, that they'll go with the rushbacker.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Don't understand the love for Ogletree. He can't cover...and as I'm rewatching the Bama game ( I didn't save the Bowl game) he looked like he didn't want to hit. In all fairness neither did Rambo or Willaims. If we take Ogletree before Warmack or a QB I'd be bummed. In fact I would feel about what I felt when we took Maybin and Whitner --> depressed and sick at my stomach. :sick:

I haven't watched Ogletree but again I strongly object to an ILB at #8.

The great Patrick Willis was picked at #11. NaVarro Bowman was taken at #91. Sean Weatherspoon is a great inside linebacker and he was taken at #16. David Harris (#47) and Curtis Lofton #37) while underrated are two of the best ILBs in football.

It's much more difficult to find pass rushers lower in the draft and the Bills while heavily invested, are still poor at rushing the passer.

Stylistically, the closest person to Aldon Smith in this draft is Dion Jordan from what I've seen.