Happy for Donte Whitner

Hsp08

The Bills gave and offered Whitner more than any other team would have, not once but twice. He is a hanger-on who makes some good plays now and then and is exploited now and then. He is a middle-of-the-road safety in the NFL and he sh--s on Buffalo whenever given the chance, so to him I say good riddance. I hope Flacco to Pitta burns him at least twice, and would bet anyone here it will happen at least once.

Buffalo (not the Bills, but the fans) **** on him first. How much crap would you take before dedicating yourself to firing back?

Why? did you not see how badly he performed during this year's playoffs? He is far and away the worst defender on the 49ers squad, and LUCKY to be going to a super bowl, rather than being one of the reasons the Bills weren't even close.

He Blows, who cares, good riddance.

The Falcons' first TD was absolutely positively not his fault. He actually made a nice play to cut away from the TE he was supposed to be covering to help out, but the corner totally blew the coverage. Please don't blame that play on him. The fact that was in on that play at the margins speaks well of him, not ill.

Good for him. If he had been a 3rd round pick instead of 8th overall, we'd all be crying about the one that got away.

I've always thought that once a player is in the NFL his draft position should be totally ignored.

If they are good/bad, they are good/bad....regardless of having been the #1 or #250 in the draft.

yeah ..I was about the only one on here,that wanted to keep him.

i wanted to keep him. Just always thought he was given the shady where he was drafted. Unfortunately he talks too much and plays about average for a starting safety.

i wanted to keep him. Just always thought he was given the shady where he was drafted. Unfortunately he talks too much and plays about average for a starting safety.

Average...ask the receivers and backs he hits. This is why we are such a shizzy team. Poor talent evaluators.

Buffalo (not the Bills, but the fans) **** on him first. How much crap would you take before dedicating yourself to firing back?

Gimme a break. Succeed here and you are loved. Period. Whitner didn't seem to sense that this was the sinking ship that he now KNOWS it was when he was guaranteeing playoffs in 2008, and he was not winning fans by complaining about his contract negotiations in-season. And as much as I think it's stupid to get all upset about a player's Twitter usage, Whitner seemed to let fans being dumb on it get to him. You've gotta be above it. I think I could take the crap if I were making millions and especially if I were inviting it with proclamations. And you can always opt-out of Twitter or use it more privately if you want to with friends. The crazy thing is that his play didn't really invite the criticism too much. It was middle-of-the-road, up and down. It's all the extracurricular crap, getting arrested outside a nightclub, the guarantees, etc etc that made him a target. Add that up with the draft slot and it becomes a bigger one.

Why? did you not see how badly he performed during this year's playoffs? He is far and away the worst defender on the 49ers squad, and LUCKY to be going to a super bowl, rather than being one of the reasons the Bills weren't even close.

He Blows, who cares, good riddance.

He's started 18 games for one of the two last teams in the tournament, but he blows? His head coach benched a QB who was winning, but Whitner continues to start. And he blows? Give me a break.

The bitter, scorned, sand in the vag attitude from people when someone leaves Buffalo and does better, blows me away.

I am happy for him and I think he is a contributor to one of the best defenses in football. And he is a bigger person than I am, because if I was in his shoes, I'd trash the Bills organization and its crappy fan base every chance I got.

Go 49ers and Go Whitner!

Edited by Fig Newtons

I am happy for him and I think he is a contributor to one of the best defenses in football. And he is a bigger person than I am, because if I was in his shoes, I'd trash the Bills organization and its crappy fan base every chance I got.

Yeah, that looks really good to future prospective employers.