Jamarcus Russell Making a Comeback

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever have anything good to say about one of these guys whose career hit a rough patch and is trying to turn things around?

You like singling me out as the bad guy whether it's one of your threads on Te'o, Tebow, or Russell.

However if you actually read the topics and see who said what, you'd see you're very mistaken. Look at your recent Tebow thread and see what I wrote and then read what others wrote. Tell me I'm the bad guy. Look at your Te'o thread. Same thing.

I've posted numerous times about redemption stories.

I just happen to think that you overvalue the players you advocate for. You're tilting at windmills.

You like singling me out as the bad guy whether it's one of your threads on Te'o, Tebow, or Russell.

However if you actually read the topics and see who said what, you'd see you're very mistaken. Look at your recent Tebow thread and see what I wrote and then read what others wrote. Tell me I'm the bad guy. Look at your Te'o thread. Same thing.

I've posted numerous times about redemption stories.

I just happen to think that you overvalue the players you advocate for. You're tilting at windmills.

You keep singling your own self out with your harsh treatment of these guys. Look at your latest post for example: taking a swipe at both Russell and tebow, the latter in a thread that's not even about him. The teo scandal thread wasn't even about him as a player so there was no "over valuing", and you went after him hard. Tebow and Russell all I'm saying is they deserve a shot, not that theyre shoo-ins by any means.

You keep singling your own self out with your harsh treatment of these guys. Look at your latest post for example: taking a swipe at both Russell and tebow, the latter in a thread that's not even about him. The teo scandal thread wasn't even about him as a player so there was no "over valuing", and you went after him hard. Tebow and Russell all I'm saying is they deserve a shot, not that theyre shoo-ins by any means.

if he can find someone to give him a shot, more power to him. i dont think ones owed to him, and personally - having seen a lot of his LSU career, and loosely following his oakland career, coupled with YEARS out of football - i cant imagine him contributing in any meaningful fashion so i wouldnt be the one to give him a shot, but i also wont say he shouldnt be allowed a chance to workout if someone thinks hes one of the best propects available... i just have him WAY down that list.

I spoke out vehemently against Jamarcus Russell because I think bringing him to Buffalo is a really stupid idea.

Tough on Manti?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157775-manti-teo-at-46/page__st__40#entry2800508

What I continually said about Manti is that in order to clear his name he has to provide phone records, receipts and other documentation. I said in a situation like his where his reputation is at stake that he has to bear the burden of proof.

Over the years I've posted often about people like Jon Dorenbos, Ronnie Vinklarek, Nic Harris, and Torrey Smith. Hell I've even defended Terrell Owens because of the difficult childhood that he had.

All of these guys had very tough childhoods and overcame quite a bit just to be normally functioning human beings.

As I said before, the things I've posted here about Te'o, Tebow, and Russell are far from the worst things posted about them on this site. I could compare some of my posts to those of others to prove this point but I have no need to defend myself here any further, certainly not to satisfy you and certainly not at the expense of casting others in a bad light.

Go ahead and believe what you want to believe.

I spoke out vehemently against Jamarcus Russell because I think bringing him to Buffalo is a really stupid idea.

Tough on Manti?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157775-manti-teo-at-46/page__st__40#entry2800508

What I continually said about Manti is that in order to clear his name he has to provide phone records, receipts and other documentation. I said in a situation like his where his reputation is at stake that he has to bear the burden of proof.

Over the years I've posted often about people like Jon Dorenbos, Ronnie Vinklarek, Nic Harris, and Torrey Smith. Hell I've even defended Terrell Owens because of the difficult childhood that he had.

All of these guys had very tough childhoods and overcame quite a bit just to be normally functioning human beings.

As I said before, the things I've posted here about Te'o, Tebow, and Russell are far from the worst things posted about them on this site. I could compare some of my posts to those of others to prove this point but I have no need to defend myself here any further, certainly not to satisfy you and certainly not at the expense of casting others in a bad light.

Go ahead and believe what you want to believe.

And now your doing it to joe too... When will it stop?!?

Don't be a hater.

@kffl

#NFL news: Ravens | Showing interest in JaMarcus Russell - The Baltimore Ravens are showing significant interest i... http://ow.ly/2xlXWH

Bad news for the Bills. Assuming J. Russ signs a deal with someone other than the Jets, the media will now flock to the Jamarcus camp and leave the Jets (Sanchez) alone. I want to see the Jets implode damn it.

http://espn.go.com/c...go-bears-friday

"Russell hasn't played a down of football in the NFL since 2009, and won just seven of 25 starts during his career in Oakland ... and has completed 52.1 percent of his passes for 18 touchdowns, 23 interceptions and a passer rating of 65.2."

I just cannot see any team investing the time or the money on this guy. What quarterback can survive being out of football for 3 years? Where are his practice reps coming from? A rookie coach in Chicago is going to spend his time on the starter, not the 3rd or 4th qb on the depth chart.

He had his chance. Sorry. But that is life. With all sincerity, Ccngrats on losing the weight though.

Edited by I_want_2_BILL_Lieve

Should bills at least give him a work out?

http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000129925/

He never was anything in the NFL to begin with, so why do we care about his comeback? Don't we have a project QB in Tavaris Jackson who amounted to a 0, and isn't E.J. nothing but a project with a lot of upside and potential? Isn't Kolb a sack magnet? And then there is the often injured Jeff Tuell who is developmental at best. Get me someone who can make a difference for a year or two while E.J. Manuel learns the offense and develops his NFL skills. I would've taken Alex Smith in the interim or pried M. Vick loose or something along those lines for a year or two rather than waffling around with T. Jackson or K. Kolb. I wasn't that thrilled with R. Fitzpatrick, but at least he was NFL tested and ready and could get you to 8-8 maybe with better WR's like I believe we found with Woods and either Rodgers or Goodwin as one is bust bound in step with our history...Boooo! for even conjuring up this idea of trying to work J. Russell who was and is a never was and who never will be!!! :doh: C'mon Man!

Update:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/05/bears-to-workout-trent-edwards-jordan-palmer-along-with-jamarcus-russell/

According to Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears will also workout former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Trent Edwards and former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Jordan Palmer.

The Bears’ interest in the trio appears to be just due diligence in having a list of players ready to call upon in case an injury were to arise. The team seems fairly set at quarterback with Josh McCown andMatt Blanchard behind starter Jay Cutler.

Update:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/05/bears-to-workout-trent-edwards-jordan-palmer-along-with-jamarcus-russell/

According to Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears will also workout former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Trent Edwards and former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Jordan Palmer.

The Bears’ interest in the trio appears to be just due diligence in having a list of players ready to call upon in case an injury were to arise. The team seems fairly set at quarterback with Josh McCown andMatt Blanchard behind starter Jay Cutler.

So what its a start. Like anyone reentering the job marker after a while out gotta be humble and crawl before you walk

Update:

Anyone working out JP ?