While I'm ecstatic the pats* got spanked in their own stadium

I'm not sure I'll survive the next 2 weeks of Ray Lewis hype. Seriously - if I were a teammate I'd probably be shivved in the parking lot by other players cause I'd completely ignore the guy and his utterly staged "emotional" outbursts. The team intro dances, the incessant "pep talks" pre-game and on the sidelines. Even his little camera-friendly post-game prayer vigil made me wanna hurl.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ray Lewis has always been emotional. I don't know what you're talking about. If you were a teammate, you wouldn't be posting this. You would be playing alongside the greatest linebacker of the past 20 years - your team captain who you're probably more attached to than you're imagining.

Edited by Big C

I'm not sure I'll survive the next 2 weeks of Ray Lewis hype. Seriously - if I were a teammate I'd probably be shivved in the parking lot by other players cause I'd completely ignore the guy and his utterly staged "emotional" outbursts. The team intro dances, the incessant "pep talks" pre-game and on the sidelines. Even his little camera-friendly post-game prayer vigil made me wanna hurl.

Y'know, I'd like to see some of that "utterly staged emotion" on a Bills slideline. Maybe it would result in playing with some "utterly staged intensity" and end in a playoff run.

Instead the not-utterly-staged Bills are watching the "utterly staged" Ravens on national TV.

In case I'm not clear enough: Grapes. Sour. Smacks of.

I love every second of it. Good for Ray Ray! It's the one semi-interesting story for this Super Bowl outside of the Head Coach Brothers.

And even better that the Pats lost along the way.

Is it really interesting? He's definitely put together a HOF career, but I'm actually far more interested in Kaepernick's sudden rise, or Frank Gore finally getting a shot after all these years. Even though I can't stand him, Moss getting another chance in a supporting role is kind of interesting, too. Lots of the game's best players over the past 10-12 years are in this game, and a few of the newer young stars.

Y'know, I'd like to see some of that "utterly staged emotion" on a Bills slideline. Maybe it would result in playing with some "utterly staged intensity" and end in a playoff run.

Instead the not-utterly-staged Bills are watching the "utterly staged" Ravens on national TV.

Meh. I don't know. There are plenty of good players who weren't always dialed up to 11, waving their arms like they know they are going to be in CBS pregame graphics every time the camera is near them.

I guess you never played the game for posting this about Ray Ray.

Football is a emotional game played by emotional people. If you dont have a passion for the game you might as well never put on shoulder pads.

Lewis is the reason why the Ravens are who they are. Period. I hope the Bills find a leader like that. Every team needs one.

Yea dude made a mistake that night in Atlanta. But to me he has asked God's forgiveness and it's clear the guy changed his life for the better.

I hope the Ravens win the game and let Ray go out on top. And I love the fact they kicked the Pats out the playoffs. And that Flacco outplayed Brady for the second year in a row in the AFC title game.

The whole thing makes me smile. And tell me you were not routing for the Ravens to win that game.

I've never been able to understand how Ray Lewis has gotten a free pass in the media following his obvious involvement in an altercation that resulted in the deaths of 2 young men in Atlanta during superbowl week, 2001.

The suit he was wearing that likely had blood evidence on it has never been recovered. He settled out of court (paid off the families) to avoid a civil suit, probably fearful of having the same resuts as O.J. It's a given that he provided the getaway car for the others involved.

Of course the others involved were aquitted since there wasn't enough evidence. Well duh, the victims weren't available for testimony and Lewis, if not a participant, was the most credible witness to the event, and considering his role as chaffeur, is guilty at least as an accomplice, even if he wasn't the one with the knife.

So how is it that he still gets commercial endorsements and is fawned over by the press? Ironically, there is a large public outcry and dislike of him for his involvent, yet it's largely ignored by the media who still portray him in the same light as Michael Jordan or some other untarnished star.

I don't get it.

Really? How many times can you hear "This is what we've worked for all this time!!!!! All I want is 60 minutes of everything you got!!!!!" Do they really need this? I'm pretty sure he needs to go thru it to feed his own ego and need for attention but as for me - no thank you.

I guess you never played the game for posting this about Ray Ray.

Football is a emotional game played by emotional people. If you dont have a passion for the game you might as well never put on shoulder pads.

Lewis is the reason why the Ravens are who they are. Period. I hope the Bills find a leader like that. Every team needs one.

Did the 49ers have one? Did the Cowboys (maybe Irvin, but he seemed more a prima donna than a leader). Do the Packers, really? The Steelers? There are guys on the Bills who get up and are exciting, you just don't notice because they're not usually winning.

There is no one-size-fits-all approach. I will take whatever gets us there, not whatever gets them on camera.

Since everyone is in confessional mode lately how about Ray Ray hooking up with Oprah and coming clean to what happened in Atlanta? Especially since he's all into religion now. Confession is good for the soul, Ray.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I've never been able to understand how Ray Lewis has gotten a free pass in the media following his obvious involvement in an altercation that resulted in the deaths of 2 young men in Atlanta during superbowl week, 2001.

The suit he was wearing that likely had blood evidence on it has never been recovered. He settled out of court (paid off the families) to avoid a civil suit, probably fearful of having the same resuts as O.J. It's a given that he provided the getaway car for the others involved.

Of course the others involved were aquitted since there wasn't enough evidence. Well duh, the victims weren't available for testimony and Lewis, if not a participant, was the most credible witness to the event, and considering his role as chaffeur, is guilty at least as an accomplice, even if he wasn't the one with the knife.

So how is it that he still gets commercial endorsements and is fawned over by the press? Ironically, there is a large public outcry and dislike of him for his involvent, yet it's largely ignored by the media who still portray him in the same light as Michael Jordan or some other untarnished star.

I don't get it.

All of the information you need to find the answers you seek has been public and available for over a decade.

Is it really interesting?

Notice I said "semi-interesting"... :nana:

Since everyone is in confessional mode lately how about Ray Ray hooking up with Oprah and coming clean to what happened in Atlanta? Especially since he's all into religion now. Confession is good for the soul, Ray.

PTR

He's spoken openly and publicly about this numerous times. Anyone that calls him a "murderer" or even has a beef with him, simply hasnt been paying attention over the past 10 years.

I don't get it.

He found God now so it is all OK... Didn't you see him praying? What a great role model.... :worthy: