Bill Cowher dipping Skoal on set

justnzane

Wow, just think back to all the people that he spit on during his sideline bursts over the years,

I hope they ddn't see this. It makes perfect sense now, really difficult to control when your running

your mouth. I am speaking from experience, but have worked my way to pouches, and hope to be

clean witin a month or two, or three. One word of advice, don't start, it is rediculously addictive.

I hear ya...been doin it for 25 yrs...bad habit.

If you know what to look for you can see players on the sideline chewing all the time. Lots of times even the starters. I forget what team, but I saw a punter on the field with a fattie in a few weeks ago. Maybe the texans punter. reminded me of that scene in The Replacements where Madden goes 'I think hes smoking on the field!?!?!?!'

How does he articulate with that in there and when does he spit? It's not like he's out on a baseball field.

ive dipped Skoal long cut for years and haven't spit since I started. Maybe the first 30 seconds or so but that's about it. I have friends that also don't spit either. You learn to do it when you work in a place where your inside and are not supposed to be chewing.

Just an FYI.

Anyone else notice that no "PC police" have made this a big deal? Did the anti PC whining scare them off preemptively or was it just unneeded self victimization?

I was just going to say, the mythic PC Police are probably assembling the forces at this very moment to combat this man's exercise of his freedom.

Personally, I think it's hilarious.

If anything, it's the "advertiser" police that would get upset about this somehow disturbing an audience that watches about 50 violent ads per football game.

No, the PC crowd will say something like: It's a bad example for kids (who apparently have no parents), or coaches, or future broadcasters, it gives the impression that chewing tobacco is safe (even though there must be 1000 warnings on it). Notice there are no cigarette ads anymore?!?! PC crowd. It's not just 2nd hand smoke.

I understand your point, but the reason there are no more cigarette ads in magazines, billboards, tv or anywhere other than stores is due to Big Tobacco and the state governments signing the Masters Settlement agreement in 1998. Big Tobacco pays the states a bagillion gagillion dollars a year for "health care" related to tobacco use (which they did a piece on here in VA, and couldn't find most of the money) and agreed to fund Youth Prevention and limit advertisments...

I can understand the Chin packing a lipper on set. Everyone gets a nic fit after a few hours. Shannon Sharpe, on the other hand, fills his mouth full of marbles before the broadcast. Not only does this make no sense, but it makes it nearly impossible to understand him.

Funny as hell listening to him try to say Ben Roethlisberger!!