Pats: Bad winners, even worse losers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask a NE fan tomorrow about this loss and what happens, 1 out of 20 could explain what caused them to lose, 11/20 would be in denial that they were outplayed, 8 of 10 would argue that they have won more Super Bowls then your team so you can't talk.

Everyone outside of New England hates them because they win. And then they were caught for cheating, but they still win.

The fact that they are petulant babies is, at best, the 3rd best reason to hate them.

I

Everyone outside of New England hates them because they win. And then they were caught for cheating, but they still win.

The fact that they are petulant babies is, at best, the 3rd best reason to hate them.

I strongly disagree. Like many fans I like/admire others winning teams, like the Steelers and Ravens and Packers. It's the cheating and sore loser attitude (and their insufferably arrogant coach and fans) that make me loathe them. I suspect I'm not alone in that...

I guy I play hockey with is a pats STH. He texted me calling Brady a kitty and Welker sux yadda yadda. New England fans are fair weather. Just look at the Celtics. Win an NBA title and everyone's a fan. Green jerseys everywhere. Try finding one now.

PTR

I

I strongly disagree. Like many fans I like/admire others winning teams, like the Steelers and Ravens and Packers. It's the cheating and sore loser attitude (and their insufferably arrogant coach and fans) that make me loathe them. I suspect I'm not alone in that...

In my experience (in Northern VA) Spygate looms large in the minds of fans of other teams. Personally, I started hating the Patriots long before they were caught cheating, and it was because they were suffocatingly dominant. I actually rooted for them in the Super Bowl against the Rams and felt it was a great story. That feeling quickly dissipated.

It's hard to say, though. The petulance and whining wasn't evident right away. I think the tantrums came along because they expect to win like a spoiled child expects to get the toy he/she wants. Maybe it's all so intertwined that it's difficult to split hairs at this point.

Anyway, !@#$'em.

EDIT: I should add, the Packers, Steelers, Giants et al have not dominated even remotely as the Pats have dominated. 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 years to begin their dynasty is more dominant than any team since the AFL-NFL merger.

Edited by Punch

I guy I play hockey with is a pats STH. He texted me calling Brady a kitty and Welker sux yadda yadda. New England fans are fair weather. Just look at the Celtics. Win an NBA title and everyone's a fan. Green jerseys everywhere. Try finding one now.

PTR

Hey, wait a minute! I'm a Celtics fan.

PTR

How about the Red Sox? Biggest team in the city for decades and they go down the crapper for a few years and fans are embarrassed to be associated with them now.

Brady has made 5 head coaches in this league. Crennel, Belichick, Mangini, McDaniel and Weiss, all losing NFL head coaches without Tom on their team, all fired from their first head coaching jobs in the NFL. With Brady on their team they get called genius. Hilarious.

As much as I hate the guy, it's amazing how one lucky pick can transform not just a team but the landscape of the whole freaking league.

In other news, Ray Lewis looks SO slow out there, I felt bad for the guy, he's got nothing left in the tank.

I respect Brady but I have no use for Belichick. He is a cheater the same as Lance was. But you have sycophants like Peter King that drool on his every word and are amazed at his copy of Art of War on his library shelf. He sucked in Cleveland and he hasn't won anything without cheating. Yes they are still a very good team but you can't change the fact they have zero championships w/o knowing what the defense was going to do pre-snap.

Brady has made 5 head coaches in this league. Crennel, Belichick, Mangini, McDaniel and Weiss, all losing NFL head coaches without Tom on their team, all fired from their first head coaching jobs in the NFL. With Brady on their team they get called genius. Hilarious.

As much as I hate the guy, it's amazing how one lucky pick can transform not just a team but the landscape of the whole freaking league.

In other news, Ray Lewis looks SO slow out there, I felt bad for the guy, he's got nothing left in the tank.

You could arguably add Scott Pioli and Thomas Dmitroff to that list as executives.

But that's just what happens. The Bill Walsh coaching tree is largely unimpressive. Several Bills free agents from the Super Bowl era went on to receive relatively big paydays with other teams, including Ray Bentley and Mitch Frerrotte.

Agree on the impact of Brady.

Give Lewis two weeks to heal, get a few B12 shots, and play indoors where it is a nice 72 degrees and he will be moving better.

I respect Brady but I have no use for Belichick. He is a cheater the same as Lance was. But you have sycophants like Peter King that drool on his every word and are amazed at his copy of Art of War on his library shelf. He sucked in Cleveland and he hasn't won anything without cheating. Yes they are still a very good team but you can't change the fact they have zero championships w/o knowing what the defense was going to do pre-snap.

I don't know man. Bellichick has earned his accolades. He unarguably went too far, but his preparation, strategizing and will to win are unparallelled.