San Antonio Spurs sued

26CornerBlitz

San Antonio Spurs being sued over sending players home against Heat

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21558832/san-antonio-spurs-being-sued-over-sending-players-home-against-heat

This is a totally frivolous lawsuit. I hope the Spurs and the NBA countersue the lawyer for this ridiculous waste of the court's time.

So at the end of the NFL season during a meaningless game when the coach holds out his top players to rest them for the playoffs we can sue?

I think people need to realize that life ain't sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. What a major load of crap.

Not that I agree with the lawsuit, I don't... Tough beans.

Here's devils advocate. Somebody has to play it in this thread. Do fans pay a premium for this ticket against SA? If the game was against a scrub team, would ticket prices be lower? Sending the scrubs home turns the SA Spurs into a bunch of scrubs? No? Did the fans get a rebate?

Again... I do not agree... BUT this is what you get when all games are not the same price? Why are some games more than others?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Here's devils advocate. Somebody has to play it in this thread. Do fans pay a premium for this ticket against SA? If the game was against a scrub team, would ticket prices be lower? Sending the scrubs home turns the SA Spurs into a bunch of scrubs? No? Did the fans get a rebate?

Again... I do not agree... BUT this is what you get when all games are not the same price? Why are some games more than others?

Tickets come with all kinds of disclaimers. Trust as a saints season ticket holder I've heard every possible loophole for a lawsuit discussed this year

Just because you paid doesn't mean you bought a ticket to see Duncan - you bought one to see 7-8 guys in spur jerseys. It's very much the risk you take.

Tickets come with all kinds of disclaimers. Trust as a saints season ticket holder I've heard every possible loophole for a lawsuit discussed this year

Just because you paid doesn't mean you bought a ticket to see Duncan - you bought one to see 7-8 guys in spur jerseys. It's very much the risk you take.

BUT then why are "premium" games higher in price. You are paying to see Duncan, without Duncan or Lebron... It is not a premium game.

Same with the Sabres... They call them "Gold" or what ever games.... I can see rivarly between cites being more... Like TOR-BFLO, MTRL-BFLO... There, it is historically relevant. BUT, MIA-SA? LoL...

All games should be the same price... Unless the two teams transcend the players... Like the BFLO games I cited. BUT, when price is adjusted for players and they don't play because of non-extenuating circumstances... This situation... Then the game should come down in price.

Why did the NBA fine the team (SA) and NOT give a rebate to the fans. Why fine SA then?

BUT then why are "premium" games higher in price. You are paying to see Duncan, without Duncan or Lebron... It is not a premium game.

Same with the Sabres... They call them "Gold" or what ever games.... I can see rivarly between cites being more... Like TOR-BFLO, MTRL-BFLO... There, it is historically relevant. BUT, MIA-SA? LoL...

All games should be the same price... Unless the two teams transcend the players... Like the BFLO games I cited. BUT, when price is adjusted for players and they don't play because of non-extenuating circumstances... This situation... Then the game should come down in price.

Why did the NBA fine the team (SA) and NOT give a rebate to the fans. Why fine SA then?

The NBA fining the team is the biggest offense of it all.

If you pay $3 to see the two awful teams play and they sit their best players would be no different. It's the risk you take as a fan. A coach has every right to start the lineup that gives him the best chance at a championship. The NBA violated that very basic truth of sport and became sports entertainment in the vein of wrestling when they fined San Antonio for playing for a ring instead of ratings

Edited by NoSaint

The NBA fining the team is the biggest offense of it all.

If you pay $3 to see the two awful teams play and they sit their best players would be no different. It's the risk you take as a fan. A coach has every right to start the lineup that gives him the best chance at a championship. The NBA violated that very basic truth of sport and became sports entertainment in the vein of wrestling when they fined San Antonio for playing for a ring instead of ratings

I hear ya... Just arguing to argue. But who cares about the 3 bucks... No sweat off anybody's nads. Make all the games 3 bucks. People are paying an outrageous premium on the advertisement that they will see the big names play.

And I am saying... Because the NBA fined them... The fans may deserve a rebate? I think the fine makes this stick a bit? The NBA should have never imposed a fine? What was it for? What about the fans?

Simple answer...no...tickets for all games are the same price per section. Because of demand for 'premium games' they may limit or restrict those individual games to mini packages. But at the beginning of the season they are all the price. The open market is a whole other story(stub hub)

Because of demand for 'premium games' they may limit or restrict those individual games to mini packages.

The Bills have done this in the past. I think it was 1996, I wanted tickets to the Dallas game, well in order to buy that individual game, you also had to buy tickets to Indianapolis later that season.

• 2 months later...