Senior bowl aftermath: What QB do you want to draft now?

NFL draft QB  

299 members have voted

1. 1. What QB do you want to draft?

I like Nassib and Wilson as prospects... but not worth the 8th pick. Manuel payed pretty good yesterday, but that is the first game I saw where he played at that level. I would like to use the 8th pick on a linebacker. There seem to be a few LBs that might fall to us. We need a receiver, but I am not sure if there is a receiver worth picking there either.

Although Nassib and Wilson looked troubleing yesterday, I would use the 2nd rounder on either of them. But they more than likely wont be there, just based on trend of QBs going early. But you never know.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nassib beat Geno Smith 3 years in a row and Smith looked horrific in the weather conditions he'll be playing in in Buffalo so by your logic Nassib's the better QB.

See, it is simple!

Look up how many games there have been in the snow in Buffalo in the past five years. You could count them on one hand, I'm fairly certain. Also, look at this.

Also DID NOT realize Geno Smith plays defense...

We need to stay as far away as humanly possible from all these QB's except for Manuel in the 2nd round. If hes not there. then just wait till next yr. Manziel, Boyd, McCarron, Bridgewater or Murray are all coming out. We draft anyone of th they are much better then this crop of QB'S.

LETS GO GET ALEX SMITH OR FLYNN FOR 2013. Hell i would even take Chase Daniels over these busts. The Bills need to be Patient there is nothing good coming out now.

I say we go Redskins route...

It is possible, long shot, but possible...

#8 - Geno Smith

round two - Matt Barkley

One of those would have to emerge as a starter. If Geno gets hurt, plug in Barkley, and if he does well then we have trade bait for the following year

I know it looks good to take 2 QBs because of the Redskins' success, but I wouldn't take 2 QBs this year. Take 2 DEs instead. Get your 2nd QB next year.

This is were are lack of vision has gotten us. Not taking Kaeper.ick or Wilson will set us back for yrs if we use our 1st on any one of these bums coming out this yr.

Ej seems like the best so far because he has the tools and size. But he doesnt scan the field very well if not at all. He needs,time to develop.

We need to stay as far away as humanly possible from all these QB's except for Manuel in the 2nd round. If hes not there. then just wait till next yr. Manziel, Boyd, McCarron, Bridgewater or Murray are all coming out. We draft anyone of th they are much better then this crop of QB'S.

I pretty much agree with this take, including the fact that I would be aggressively looking for a team that wants to give up their #1 in 2014 to move way up in the 1st...I think Manziel, McCarron, and Bridgewater would all be Drafted ahead of Geno Smith this year...And I like Geno Smith... B-)

It's déjà vu all over again. I'm baffled by those that don't like EJ Manuel just like I was when some of you didn't like Colin Kaepernick a couple of years ago. What's not to like?

Arm strength: check

Accuracy: check

Running ability: check

Plays big in big time games: check

Everything else can be coached. So what if he stares down his primary target? So what if he doesn't go through his progressions? TEACH him how! That's what coaching is for! You can't learn how to be fast, or strong, or accurate. But you can learn the rest. One year one the bench and EJ will be ready to go.

People call him inconsistent. If a 68 completion percentage is considered inconsistent then I'll take it. His YPA is amazing, too.

Don't fall for the trap that gets set by the media hype machine. Every year they have their Gabberts and their Kaepernicks. I'm no expert, but I didn't like Gabbert one bit. I loved Kap. My eyes tell me everything I need to know.

Still not a big fan of Glennon. However if he could add some weight in muscle and not look like a panicing deer in the headlights when the rush comes. He could be an NFL quarterback with that arm strength of his. But those are a lot of ifs! The QB position in the draft this year just seems to be getting more and more confusing. I still really like Dysert if we can land him in fourth or fifth round. If we do select two QB's(wich i hope is the case). I hope to see them select 2 totally different types of QB. One big strong armed as well as one who can move and run when needed.

As far as the comments on these guys will be busts wait until next year..........i can see next year at this time the thread that reads.......NIX SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED......insert name.......last year

Big 12 defenses are abysmal, maybe more than Big East defenses. Saying he's Ryan Leaf is an exaggeration, I admit, but I worry he'll flame out in the NFL. Just a feeling. Some of his bad games were really bad. I'm probably overreacting.

I'm watching Glennon in these clips and see a quarterback that makes bad decisions when he's under pressure, which appears to be constantly. I wonder what he might have done with a real offensive line. He does look like Trent Edwards here but he rarely gets the protection he needs. He makes the wrong reads sometimes as well. He's a project, no doubt, but no more so than any other quarterback in this draft.

And more of the same in the Senior Bowl. I would stay away from him.

Since they are all big risks this year, I am actually starting to lean more towards Manuel. He has the biggest upside, and if they are all inconsistent, why not gamble for a big payoff? He looked like a man among boys in the Senior Bowl - all three South scoring drives were with him behind center. He has more command back there then the others, plus he's a bigger stronger athlete.

I'm also for taking two QB's regardless of who they are. The Bills probably need THREE total since I don't expect Fitz to stay, and Brad Smith is not an answer.

Edited by BobChalmers

LETS GO GET ALEX SMITH OR FLYNN FOR 2013. Hell i would even take Chase Daniels over these busts. The Bills need to be Patient there is nothing good coming out now.

Exactly how I feel.

It's déjà vu all over again. I'm baffled by those that don't like EJ Manuel just like I was when some of you didn't like Colin Kaepernick a couple of years ago. What's not to like?

Everything else can be coached. So what if he stares down his primary target? So what if he doesn't go through his progressions? TEACH him how! That's what coaching is for! You can't learn how to be fast, or strong, or accurate. But you can learn the rest. One year one the bench and EJ will be ready to go.

People call him inconsistent. If a 68 completion percentage is considered inconsistent then I'll take it. His YPA is amazing, too.

Don't fall for the trap that gets set by the media hype machine. Every year they have their Gabberts and their Kaepernicks. I'm no expert, but I didn't like Gabbert one bit. I loved Kap. My eyes tell me everything I need to know.

I couldn't agree any more with what you just said. I'd be shocked if EJ Manuel wasn't very high on a lot of NFL draft boards. There will be a lot of disinformation about him because many would love for him to fall into their lap in the later part of the first round.

Just look at what Kaepernick is doing. He's in the dang Superbowl and he's only had 9 starts! EJ Manuel is this year's Colin Kaepernick. While not as lightning fast, EJ is the same build, has the same athleticism and can do everything that he does.

EJ Manuel is going to be drafted by a lucky team in the first round after two teams blow it by drafting Smith and Barkley who will become busts. My biggest fear is the Patriots drafting Manuel with their first round pick. They need a backup plan to the 35 year old Brady and Mallett is a sketchy plan at best.

Edited by 1billsfan

I don't think we should go the rookie route at all... I think we should try for Skelton! :nana:

On a serious note:

I'm firmly in the Matt Barkley camp. His junior year was absolutely amazing. He has good numbers for td:int ratio, completion %, and ypa. The teams he played on also weren't the typical USC "better talent than anyone else" squads.

Agree....the only QB in this draft worth taking in the first two rounds in my opinion.

I agree with this ^^^^^ !

None of them, including Geno Smith, are worth a first round pick round pick. What exactly has Geno Smith done to be so great. How many Bowl games did WV win, or even big games. ZERO. To tell you the truth I wouldn't draft anyone until the 4th round. One of them should fall that far, then you take him. The best bet is to go with Fitzpatrick for another year, with a heavy running game and a Blitzing defense. Sorry to ruin peoples dreams, but are are ZERO decent QB's in this draft.

None of them, including Geno Smith, are worth a first round pick round pick. What exactly has Geno Smith done to be so great. How many Bowl games did WV win, or even big games. ZERO. To tell you the truth I wouldn't draft anyone until the 4th round. One of them should fall that far, then you take him. The best bet is to go with Fitzpatrick for another year, with a heavy running game and a Blitzing defense. Sorry to ruin peoples dreams, but are are ZERO decent QB's in this draft.

Go with Fitzpatrick another year.....Lol. I'd go with that QB that falls to the 4th over fitz. Fitz is good enough to get us the 8th pick again next year. I'd rather throw a rookie in there and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, we get to pick a real QB of the future next year. Fitz is the only QB in the world I don't want to see start for us next year.

Does not matter what you think Geno Smith is worth. I cannot remember a year in which a QB was not taken with a first-round pick, and he will be taken in the first unless he robs a bank or something. He may be a 2nd round talent in a deeper year, but that is not under his control and as Nix has said, you can't wait for your QB to fall to you.

Also, am I in some alternate universe where WVU didn't throttle Clemson in the Orange Bowl (a BCS game) last year, and Geno wasn't the MVP of that game? Also, does he singlehandedly let the opposition rack up 38 points per game? No QB is going to make it to a championship game with that defense.

Bravo Bravo: I 2nd this and I've been saying he is far superior to Glennon...I saw them both in High School, and EJ was better then.

I think EJ Manuel looks much more like a NFL QB than either Wilson or Nassib who both look like products of college "dink and dunk" system QBs. I normally don't like posting highlight videos, but just look at Manuel in 2011 and see the footwork and comfort level in and out of the pocket. Plus his throwing motion looks much better than Wilson's and Nassib's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1sp3S4wNig

He was also the QB who led the South on all 3 of their scoring drives. I was impressed on the final scoring drive when he stood in the pocket, side-stepped a rusher while not taking his eyes off the WR (or TE) and hit him in stride. I think he's the most ready. Would love him in RD 1 and Wilson, Nassib or Dysert in RD 2.

Well said. !