Senior bowl aftermath: What QB do you want to draft now?

NFL draft QB  

299 members have voted

1. 1. What QB do you want to draft?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-0 in bowl games. Oh yes I did count the Senior Bowl as a win...lol

Like Jimbo, he played his college ball in FLA. I'll take that as a sign he's the QB we've been waiting 17 years for.

Didn`t he throw for a earth shattering 14 tds this year ? HMNN....He looked really stiff and robotic in games I saw this year.

Didn`t he throw for a earth shattering 14 tds this year ? HMNN....He looked really stiff and robotic in games I saw this year.

Wrong...

23 Passing TDs, 2 Rushing TDs, 10 INTs, 156 QBR, 68% COMP

...that's good for a kid who found out his Mom had breast cancer in September before the season started. That tells me the dude is mentally strong.

I don't get all the Nassib love.. Before Doug Marrone came here nobody new about Nassib now Marrone is here everybody wants him REALLY THO? He's not that great he's reminds me of Weeden look how that turned out.. If he's there in the 3rd why not but please not 1st or 2nd...

1. Geno

2. Wilson or Manuel

3. Colin Klien

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Landry Jones in the 2nd please. In the video I have seen, he is the only qb making multiple reads, regularly looking off db's, and pump faking. The rest of the QB's in the draft are first read or run all day. Jones is the safest bet of them all. He is the most accurate of them all regardless of numbers, quick release, nice footwork, and an arm to make all of the throws. My pick all day

You need to watch more video...Jones may be the best example of a system QB in this draft....big numbers, terrible intagibles...yes he has a big arm and a lot of experience, but if there is a rusher within two yards of him, he panics, can't reset his feet and looks terrible....I think we can all agree that you need a guy that can face the pressure in the NFL because there are very few 'clean' pockets.

I don't get all the Nassib love.. Before Doug Marrone came here nobody new about Nassib now Marrone is here everybody wants him REALLY THO? He's not that great he's reminds me of Weeden look how that turned out.. If he's there in the 3rd why not but please not 1st or 2nd...

1. Geno

2. Wilson or Manuel

3. Colin Klien

In fairness, the poll doesnt say he has to be our 1st pick. Just asks which QB we should draft, at some point. I voted for Nassib with the opinion he should be a 3rd round choice as well.

I think EJ Manuel looks much more like a NFL QB than either Wilson or Nassib who both look like products of college "dink and dunk" system QBs. I normally don't like posting highlight videos, but just look at Manuel in 2011 and see the footwork and comfort level in and out of the pocket. Plus his throwing motion looks much better than Wilson's and Nassib's.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Manuel but those clips didn't do much to help his cause. I didn't see a single snap taken under center and highlights against some of the worst schools in D1 don't help.

Wrong...

23 Passing TDs, 2 Rushing TDs, 10 INTs, 156 QBR, 68% COMP

...that's good for a kid who found out his Mom had breast cancer in September before the season started. That tells me the dude is mentally strong.

Must have been looking at last yrs stat. This moves him up to a solid 3rd rd pick now.

You should understand this site by now. Everybody immediately drinks the Syracuse koolaide and is all in for the Bills becoming that college team out of Syracuse. The problem is, they have to compete with NFL teams, and not college teams. It looks like another long fruitless year ahead with a college coaching staff (except for DC) in way over their heads. Homerism is us. New Boss, same as the old Boss... Drink up!

Nassib beat Geno Smith 3 years in a row and Smith looked horrific in the weather conditions he'll be playing in in Buffalo so by your logic Nassib's the better QB.

See, it is simple!

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

So who do you want know after watching the Senior Bowl?

Mine really haven't changed because these all-stars games per se the practices & interviews reveal more IMO. So I'm sticking to my ranking for the upcoming draft

1st RD- G. Smith, T. Wilson (Both mid - late 1st rd)

2-3 RD- Manuel, Glennon, Barkley, Jones, Bray

4-5 RD- Nassib maybe here

6- Priority FA- rest of the bunch

See the player A vs. Player B graphics. Can't get them here.

Now, whom would you say is better, the player who has twice eclipsed 8 YPA, or the one who hasn't? The one whose completion percentage improved every year to a startling 71.2%, or the one whose plateaued around 66%? The one who never threw over 7 INTs per season, or the one who averaged around 12.5 INTs? The one whose rating hovered around the mid 140s, or the one who improved every season up to about 164? Player A is Jones. Player B is Geno Smith. The only stats I see Jones winning out on are career passing yardage, which is in part because he was subbing for an injured Bradford his first year, and sacks taken, which I will chalk up to a better OU offensive line.

I rest my case.

Edit: working on the look of this. Hold on.

Excellent post...no one seems to look at ypa

I think EJ Manuel looks much more like a NFL QB than either Wilson or Nassib who both look like products of college "dink and dunk" system QBs. I normally don't like posting highlight videos, but just look at Manuel in 2011 and see the footwork and comfort level in and out of the pocket. Plus his throwing motion looks much better than Wilson's and Nassib's.

It looked to me like he only looked at his primary receiver on every play. I don't watch a lot of college ball so maybe this is typical. But this makes me wonder if he could transition to the NFL.

Must have been looking at last yrs stat. This moves him up to a solid 3rd rd pick now.

LOL, EJ Manuel will not make it out of the first round.

I could easily see a team that you'd have no idea were looking for a QB taking him in the back of the 1st round, the ones I came up with are...Bears, Vikings, Texans, Patriots.

The NFL has become a league that begins and ends with the QB position. If there's a QB that has the all around size, athleticism and talents of EJ Manuel (very closely resembling Colin Kaepernick's) there for the taking and you have questions at QB but you're still a playoff quality team...well...let's just say that the "experts" seeing him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder will not see it coming. They're behind the times. I could easily see the Patriots taking EJ Manuel with their first round pick and blowing the "experts" mind with the genius of the move. Tom Brady is a 35 year old man who just built a mega castle in CA and who clearly seems to be only a year or two away from retirement. I know they have Mallett, but I don't think for a second they'll be betting the franchise on him alone.

Edited by 1billsfan