Denver - Baltimore

NoSaint

What a tough as nails drive against a defense that was playing some stroooooong ball

Throw the flag even later next time.

He wouldn't have done it if Manning had gone somewhere else. He was doing the right thing and not whipping it out unless he had too.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes, I feel like I'm not even watching the same game. I missed some bits and pieces but honestly, not that bad a showing by the refs in my opinion.

They missed a really well-executed penalty (I'm a great admirer of the craft!-) on the Ravens pick and go but they've been pretty accurate if not efficient

If I remember right this is the time when Joe Flacco started taking the bubble when the Ravens started their tour of the links last year.

What a tough as nails drive against a defense that was playing some stroooooong ball

He wouldn't have done it if Manning had gone somewhere else. He was doing the right thing and not whipping it out unless he had too.

My thing is, if it's a penalty, just throw the flag. The ref waited until after Thomas dropped the pass to throw the flag

Boldin is still a stud, BTW

My thing is, if it's a penalty, just throw the flag. The ref waited until after Thomas dropped the pass to throw the flag

Boldin is still a stud, BTW

It depends on what your interpretation of penalties are. I agree with Simon on this. If the ball was thrown to another WR I don't think the ref should have called the hold. It was, so he did, because it affected the play. It wasn't blatant but it was a penalty. I don't want refs calling that foul on any other WR. I understand the other side, I just don't think it's practical. There would be flags on almost every play.

He started reaching for it as soon as Manning locked on.

And I see your point if he tackles the guy on his cut, but if it's just guys trying to ball and the play goes another direction, why minimize the players import by inserting yourself into the game it if you don;t have to?

And I see your point if he tackles the guy on his cut, but if it's just guys trying to ball and the play goes another direction, why minimize the players import by inserting yourself into the game it if you don;t have to?

Exactly - there's a bit of art to good officiating. It's not always just black or white.

I'll take your word regarding when the ref grabbed for his flag.

The thing is, the refs are so inconsistent - you see flags in the defensive secondary nowhere near where the play went, all the time.

I wonder what Moreno's injury really was.

I swear I saw him get hurt a half dozen plays before he came back in to catch that pillow for a TD.

The thing is, the refs are so inconsistent - you see flags in the defensive secondary nowhere near where the play went, all the time.

There's some guys out there who must be the greatest bull **** artists in the world, cuz they sure as hell aren't the greatest officials in the world.

You do - but not usually for that contact away from the ball. Kelly and Simon said, it's typically larger contact required away.