The Hogettes from Washington are calling it quits

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mayor of Washington D.C. says if The Redskins want to move back to Washington D.C they will have to change their name, so thiings are changing for the Redskins

Sneeder will NEVER move that team back to DC. Never. It's a brand new stadium fer krikies sake. He's not changing their name either.

Why on earth would the Redskins ever want to move to DC?

I think the DC Mayor is saying if the Redskins ever want a new stadium in downtown DC they will have to change the team name, personally I agree with you I don't know why they would want to go DC, its not as bad as it used to be but they got a good thing in Maryland why move

I've always thought that name was a horrible embarrassment.

I've told several of my friends who are Washington fans that the team should just drop their logo and slap a redskin potato on the side of their helmets. End of problem. Or would that be offensive to spuds? ;)

The Earl of Bud was the "tequila beer dancer" at the Aud.... Earl was a fireman in his real life.

Wouldnt want anyone being offended by team names.

The Earl of Bud made a return after several years during Game 5 of the 2007 ECF against Ottawa. Being an elimination game (which the Sabres ultimately lost in OT) during the President's Trophy season, the crowd was buzzing as if it were electrically supercharged starting long before puck drop. But when the Earl of Bud was put up on the jumbotron, the already buzzing (in more ways than one) crowd absolutely erupted into a frenzy. It was as incredible moment, and I won't forget it (even though the series was a dud).

In the past, Dennis Rodman was a regular.

Classic

I've always thought that name was a horrible embarrassment.

Here is my problem with the name change, where does it stop? shouldn't you change the Kansas City,Florida St, San Diego St, Illinois too & Notre Dame name, Fighting Irish is offensives & what about Redman Tobacco? what else can we find that offends someone

I understand your feeling about the name but it starts a slippery slope you might not want to go down

Classic

Here is my problem with the name change, where does it stop? shouldn't you change the Kansas City,Florida St, San Diego St, Illinois too & Notre Dame name, Fighting Irish is offensives & what about Redman Tobacco? what else can we find that offends someone

I understand your feeling about the name but it starts a slippery slope you might not want to go down

don't forget about the packers :flirt:

The difference is that "Redskin" was once used as a derogatory term. "Seminole" is the actual name of the tribe (and, incidentally, the Seminole nation gave it's stamp of approval to it). I think taking away the "Fighting Illini" (which the NCAA did) was stupid because that was hardly derogatory. But I can see that people might get offended at "Redskin." (I like the potato idea, though. :w00t: )

Edited by MaineMoxie

don't forget about the packers :flirt:

Yes I am sure if you " Pack Cheese" for a living you might be offended by that name & "Cheese Head" could also be offensive

Yes "Redskin" was once used as a derogatory term but this is what I mean, first it will be offensive terms, then next it will be any & everything

we already live in a PC dominated society, where now compliments are saw as bad taste, how far do want to got down that road till you can't turn back