Bills hire Nathaniel Hackett for Offensive Coordinator

cmjoyce113

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's bashing him--- but he's incredibly young and inexperienced. It's seemingly the first wrong step so far for this "new era".

Given his previous comments about an nfl guy, and the rumors that NH was staying at cuse it sounds like something unexpected happened and this may be plan b. perhaps Carmichael was denied an interview for instance.

Edited by NoSaint

Given his previous comments about an nfl guy, and the rumors that NH was staying at cuse it sounds like something unexpected happened and this may be plan b. perhaps Carmichael was denied an interview for instance.

The Saints are still working on Carmichael?

Wow. Pretty surprised. I really think that Marrone will be installing the offense. It's really a matter of play-calling.

My first thought though is that I'm not happy about it. I would have much preferred him at QB coach for a couple years and a young guy like Carmichael as OC. Hackett's been involved in offensive football at a high level for his entire life, however, with his father being Paul. So I'm not really worried about his age at 33. he has the knowledge of a 43 year old I would think. But I would much prefer a guy who has been in the NFL the last 4 years and not the Big East. Marrone better hire an established DC like Pettine though.

On the other hand, isn't this very much the approach that Bill Belichick has taken over the years? Young, hungry talented coaches that he can mold and delegate his philosophy to?

Or am I already justifying and rallying??

I'm hoping this means that Tyrone Wheatley and Rob Moore follow Marrone and Hackett to the NFL as RBs and WRs coaches respectively. That's all I'd want from Cuse. But I'm thinking Wheatley has a good shot at being the new OC at Cuse.

Just kidding, somebody just said Shafer will go outside of the program for the new OC.

Edited by DStebb716

I'm AOK with Marrone, so I really like the idea of bringing Hackett...They obviously feel they work well together...That can't be a bad thing...People who have had success together should stick together...

Like The Beatles for example... ;)