MONTE KIFFEN ???

Dr. Trooth

ESPN is reporting the Cowboys are targeting Monte Kiffen as DC. Now that's thinking outside the box. However, there is no truth to the rumor that the Cowboys are considering Marv Levy as GM.

He's 72 years old IIRC and it's Kiffin BTW. Surprised he'd come back to coach after resigning as his kid's DC @ USC.

I live in the LA area. As I remember reading in the local papers at the time, he resigned because he had to go due to the performance of the defense. Seeing as his son is his boss, he wasn't going to force son to fire father or have the son lose his job over refusing to make the changes to his staff. The "looking to return to the NFL" excuse was just that, and excuse.

I live in the LA area. As I remember reading in the local papers at the time, he resigned because he had to go due to the performance of the defense. Seeing as his son is his boss, he wasn't going to force son to fire father or have the son lose his job over refusing to make the changes to his staff. The "looking to return to the NFL" excuse was just that, and excuse.

But there's more:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/11/monte-kiffin-agrees-to-become-cowboys-defensive-coordinator/

According to Ed Werder (who else?)