If you could cherry pick any 2 NFL players.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember Marv's comment was that they had three players targeted at the pick and all three were still there, so they took their top one, who was lynch.

I was shocked. This draft had Joe Thomas, Peterson, and Willis in it, and Lynch is ranked above those guys? WTF!!!!

i imagine a few of those guys he had chalked up as gone before the pick. he was likely speaking to "we had 3 guys expected to be available that we wanted and they were"

And put them on the Bills who would they be? This is gift no payment from the Bills required.

NO QB's. Names too predicable. I am interested in other positions. Edit Currently active players only please.

Clay matthews GB

Vince wilfork NE

Gradkowski NE

Fitzgerald Arz

Battle is won on Offense!!!

Edited by mattsox

Revis and Wilfork

Me too. End to the running game problems and Revis + Gilmore + Byrd means one of the best secondaries in the NFL in the passing age.

OK lets update the thread. Of the 4 teams playing on 1/19/2013, what two [2] players would you want on the Bills?

NO QB's

OK. Willis & Boldin.

Ed Reed

Nnamdi Asomugah

Then we could blitz occasionally

Nnamdi Asomugha of the Philadelphia Eagles? Okay.

BTW, with regard to the Patrick Willis discussion earlier in the thread, there's concern in the Bay Area that Willis might be a liability in pass coverage as he's struggled with this part of his game. The concern this week particularly regards his ability to cover Tony Gonzales. There's talk that NaVarro Bowman will see more snaps because he's a superior cover linebacker.

And again, many Niners observers as well as some reporters covering the team continue to make the case that Bowman is the better player.

I guess it's like Marv used to say, "Once you get a reputation as an early riser, you can sleep in all you want."

Willis is a great linebacker but I continue to be amazed at people who would use him as a team building block.

Nnamdi Asomugha of the Philadelphia Eagles? Okay.

BTW, with regard to the Patrick Willis discussion earlier in the thread, there's concern in the Bay Area that Willis might be a liability in pass coverage as he's struggled with this part of his game. The concern this week particularly regards his ability to cover Tony Gonzales. There's talk that NaVarro Bowman will see more snaps because he's a superior cover linebacker.

And again, many Niners observers as well as some reporters covering the team continue to make the case that Bowman is the better player.

I guess it's like Marv used to say, "Once you get a reputation as an early riser, you can sleep in all you want."

Willis is a great linebacker but I continue to be amazed at people who would use him as a team building block.

Concur.

See my two picks.

Seriously they would snap right into place on this team and generate wins.