46 Formation

When OBD Analytics runs his numbers and realize he needs to be juicing to get on the field and actually play.

Maybe the new strength and conditioning dept. can source the latest masking agents, and make an offer based on projected hypothetical statistics. Short of that he would have been out of the league for 3 years already.

My guess is he is not worth the risk. Since roster spots may actually be used correctly for the first time in years.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can always resign him then. I'm not sure who else would be willing to pay as much as us.

Denver. They need a tweener. I could see him going to Denver without evening thinking about it. New England would use him, they like retreading Bills for at least camp.

I'm going to think about your post, I had been thinking about it all day and how we'd do a 4-6. I hope to have something up on it tomorrow.

Star? No.

Depth, vet, role player? Could do way worse.

The irony of Shawne Merriman is that he no longer seems capable of getting to the quarterback but he seems like a good run defender.

I would re-phrase the question about Merriman, Merriman or Kelsay?

Essentially a cheaper version, really. Also a good leader of a completely different variety. I'd say our team appreciates the spark he brings.

Not to jump the gun on switching to the 46 but if we do end up running it, would Merriman be worth resigning? People knock him for his injury history but he is a good locker room guy and helps with free agents. Who knows he might even be productive.

Believe it or not, Merriman had one of the best run grades on the Bills last year, at +3.2, which is pretty amazing considering he was only on the field for about 1/5 of he total snaps. He definitely would be an upgrade over Kyle Moore on run downs, as he received a piss poor -6.7 grade against the run or Mark Anderson, who received an almost equally poor -6.5...

In fact you could make a case the Bills have their own version of the Bermuda Triangle of run defense between Anderson/Moore at RDE, Dareus at RDT and Sheppard at MLB...4 worst run grades on the team last year...no wonder why the Bills seemed to get run on at will to the offensive left side...

The irony of Shawne Merriman is that he no longer seems capable of getting to the quarterback but he seems like a good run defender.

I would re-phrase the question about Merriman, Merriman or Kelsay?

Yes, exactly, he WAS a very good run defender for the Bills last year...

I tell ya....in that last game against the Jets Merriman was knocking the snot outta people!

Amen to that brother!! I remember he got between the tackle and guard on one play and absolutely slobberknockered Shonn Green. When I realized it was Merriman I almost shat my britches. Thought it was Bradham at first...

Anderson looked horrible before his season ended with injury.

I wonder if he would be a more effective player rushing from a two point stance.

Was never a huge fan of the signing - too many down seasons in his career. Better than nothing but I wouldn't expect a ton out of him.

and were' off....the debate about Merriman continues...what year 3 or 4 with him having done NOTHING in a Bills uniform except to get cut, go unsigned and then return and play one decent game where the other team basically laid down. PLEASE stop with this now. Merriman is done on 31 other teams in the NFL.

Was never a huge fan of the signing - too many down seasons in his career. Better than nothing but I wouldn't expect a ton out of him.

I remember watching a highlight video of Anderson after he was signed.

I remember that he used hustle and speed for all of his sacks and that many of them were coverage sacks.

It seemed clear that he didn't have a power component to his game or much in the way of polished moves.

That said, he's had double digit sack totals twice in his career. It seems that if the coordinator can play to his strengths, that he could be a good weapon. ThenI got to wondering about using him standing up instead of with his hand in the dirt.

Denver. They need a tweener. I could see him going to Denver without evening thinking about it. New England would use him, they like retreading Bills for at least camp.

I'm going to think about your post, I had been thinking about it all day and how we'd do a 4-6. I hope to have something up on it tomorrow.

Bryan Scott is terrible he will get cut from any team he signs with if anybody even picks him up